Post-Game Talk: Detroit 5, Toronto 2. EVERYONE CALM THE **** DOWN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Clarkson gives me a bad feeling that he'll be Gomez/Komisarek bad...
Why? lol Gomez stopped scoring(was a playmaker who consistently got 15g) and Komisarek was put in a system he couldn't play and showed signs of being good again last season's first couple games

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Come on people. Last preseason game for many players before the regular season. Power play killed us, but our PK is one of the teams best attributes. A few more days on systems and those pp goals against won't happen. Looking forward to watching the wings more though, booing Alfie and watching the skill of Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be a treat.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Come on people. Last preseason game for many players before the regular season. Power play killed us, but our PK is one of the teams best attributes. A few more days on systems and those pp goals against won't happen. Looking forward to watching the wings more though, booing Alfie and watching the skill of Datsyuk and Zetterberg will be a treat.

That sounds really odd considering the fact that our PK was always our weakness before last season :laugh:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
It's not a big deal, if we went undefeated in the preseason it would mean squat. You just know everyone would say it was Preseason big frigging deal.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
It's not a big deal, if we went undefeated in the preseason it would mean squat. You just know everyone would say it was Preseason big frigging deal.

However this game was a good gauge in that both teams dressed nearly their opening day line-ups, so it gave a fairly accurate representation of a regular season game. (baring suspended players).

However Leafs with Kessel wouldn't have prevented any of the goals against nor the loss in this one.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
However this game was a good gauge in that both teams dressed nearly their opening day line-ups, so it gave a fairly accurate representation of a regular season game. (baring suspended players).

However Leafs with Kessel wouldn't have prevented any of the goals against nor the loss in this one.

One game anybody can beat anybody. Oh well going by the preseason this years top 4 teams will be Boston, Edmonton, Dallas and Phoenix.

RonEllisFan

Nov 8, 2009
Rjukan
skidooelan.blogspot.com
To all those sahying its only pre-season. Did you see Detroit play? They were certainly not playing like its pre-season. Did you not see the structure Detroit was playing with? Leafs play the smurfs Oct. 1st and I don't see any urgency especially from the team that lost the game 7 the way they did.

Its NOT acceptable.

Also, enough with...

-Bozak on 1 PP unit, its bad enough he centers Kessel and JVR
-Lets just stop giving late period goals
-Defensive positioning has to be good avg ain't gonna cut it

Bag skate these ****ers if they don't put it together Oct. 1st

Chill dude

horner

May 22, 2007
People need to relax a bit

We played a team ( Detroit ) that by the looks of it are going to challange for Cup
if they stay healthy.

There PP is going to be tops in the league

As they said last night 9 of there players are going to probably play for team Sweden

When we play Detroit we have to play a mistake free hockey game and that was not the case

Case in point
Up to last nights game I dont think we had a PP goal against

We dont have the skill to match them ( NOT MANY TEAMS DO ) we have to outwork them ( AND WE DIDNT LAST NIGHT )

The good thing is it was a pre-season game

Now they ( the players understand that we have work to do or work harder )

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
FIRE CARLYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously guys relax. Jakes one of my favourite players on the team but he is too much of this boards golden boy. If Carlyle said that about someone like Phaneuf people would be praising Carlyle and shipping Dion out of town. Relax.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
One game anybody can beat anybody. Oh well going by the preseason this years top 4 teams will be Boston, Edmonton, Dallas and Phoenix.

Many preseason games are used for testing out kids and organizational depth so are not a good representation of actual team strength on overall record. However as I mentioned yesterday was both teams dressing their regular season rosters so it was more accurate an assessment.

Results were not unexpected as Detroit iced 2 X top 12 top 50 NHL players #5 Datsyuk and #12 Zetterberg according to NHL GMs and coaches, while Toronto due to suspension didn't have any in theirs.

Alfredsson joining the Wings makes them even stronger still and is not offset by the additions of Clarkson nor Bolland.

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
We're clearly doomed. Better stop watching now and save us the heartbreak of losing any real games.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
People need to relax a bit

We played a team ( Detroit ) that by the looks of it are going to challange for Cup
if they stay healthy.

There PP is going to be tops in the league

As they said last night 9 of there players are going to probably play for team Sweden

When we play Detroit we have to play a mistake free hockey game and that was not the case

Case in point
Up to last nights game I dont think we had a PP goal against

We dont have the skill to match them ( NOT MANY TEAMS DO ) we have to outwork them ( AND WE DIDNT LAST NIGHT )

The good thing is it was a pre-season game

Now they ( the players understand that we have work to do or work harder )

I don't think they will do much of anything this year. Their age is going to catch up to them sooner rather than later. I see them limping in to the playoffs at best. I don't think they will come close to the cup.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Many preseason games are used for testing out kids and organizational depth so are not a good representation of actual team strength on overall record. However as I mentioned yesterday was both teams dressing their regular season rosters so it was more accurate an assessment.

Results were not unexpected as Detroit iced 2 X top 12 top 50 NHL players #5 Datsyuk and #12 Zetterberg according to NHL GMs and coaches, while Toronto due to suspension didn't have any in theirs.

Alfredsson joining the Wings makes them even stronger still and is not offset by the additions of Clarkson nor Bolland.
:facepalm:

Many NHLers treat this as a warm-up still to get the puck feel and timing back. Detroit looked good, there's no doubt about that, but your kidding yourself if you think they'll get the time and space they did tonight on a regular basis.

As for Bolland and Clarkson not offsetting Alfie, that's a weird comment given your praise for both acquisitions and the cost of each player.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Clarkson and Bozak both look pretty useless. That's a lot of money for third line skill.

Phaneuf as ever is doing his let's-barely-move in his own zone, except to follow his guy all the way up to the blueline and create a 2-on-1 for his partner down low? Happened at least twice last night, it makes zero sense. Guy is not smart enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad