Post-Game Talk: Detroit 5, Toronto 2. EVERYONE CALM THE **** DOWN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
That has to be one of the dumbest things i've ever heard. Jake is such a good hockey player that im actually mad we are holding him back on this crappy team who ruins all their prospects. You actually think his time in the NHL is coming to an end?? Oh boy, you probably think Dion is sick also dont you. He's easily the best skater on the team, makes the nicest passes on the team, always tape to tape makes some crazy plays that most defencemen would never try and 9/10 he will get back in time if he was pintching. But ya you're right this 22 year old might be done in the NHL soon...

First off, he's 24. Second, his offense is fine, it's his defense (much more important for Randy) that needs work. You know, stuff like leaving the puck behind just inside the blue line.

Jake will be just fine though. It's just a little tough love. Worked on Kadri.

Mar 26, 2010
Leafs got OWNED! They were second in every aspect of the game. Completely outclassed and Bernier looked like garbage.

Hope this is not the way they will play this season... if so, its going to be a long one.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Leafs got OWNED! They were second in every aspect of the game. Completely outclassed and Bernier looked like garbage.

Hope this is not the way they will play this season... if so, its going to be a long one.

Pretty much makes your opinion invalid. I don't know what you watched but besides the last goal he really couldn't be fully blamed.

Mar 26, 2010
Pretty much makes your opinion invalid. I don't know what you watched but besides the last goal he really couldn't be fully blamed.

In my opinion, Reimer is the #1 guy in Toronto. I think its very unfair that everyone has written him off with the arrival of Bernier. Reimer has proved in pre-season so far that is is way better.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I thought Bernier was certainly okay and couldn't be faulted on many of the goals.

But, IMPORTANTLY, i think is the glove save he made of the slapper from in the slot in the 2nd period (??) off, can't remember, maybe Alfredsen??.

Anyways, I just DON'T think Reimer makes that save very often, or, if he does, it doesn't stay in his glove.

Man, Bernier picked that like a cherry!!!!!

It's partly reflexes and partly being prepared for the shot that makes a good glove hand.

Even though it's still only pre-season, I don't remember Reimer make as good or better a glove save than that since I've watched him.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
In my opinion, Reimer is the #1 guy in Toronto. I think its very unfair that everyone has written him off with the arrival of Bernier. Reimer has proved in pre-season so far that is is way better.

That doesn't really justify unfairly labelling Bernier's performance as garbage when only the 5th goal was an obvious blunder on his part. And I'm not sure why you think everyone has written off Reimer. There are a number of people on here who are very vocal about their faith in Reimer so I'm not sure what kind of threads you've been reading on here, haha. There are vocal fans for both goalies. The neutral fans are getting tired of the choosing sides when the important thing is that the team benefits from whoever is in net.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I think the more concerning part if you're a Leafs fan is Bernier didn't look like garbage, pretty good rebound control and some flashy saves. They didn't play very well tonight, to fault Bernier with that is pretty harsh in my opinion.

LeafsAllDay

Jul 6, 2012
I think the more concerning part if you're a Leafs fan is Bernier didn't look like garbage, pretty good rebound control and some flashy saves. They didn't play very well tonight, to fault Bernier with that is pretty harsh in my opinion.

Ya Bernier played well from what I saw. Most of the goals he gave up were going in on any goalie and he made some really big saves to boot. His composure and positioning is excellent.

Our team just got worked tonight, especially on the penalty kill. When the roster is finalized and the players are all put in the proper place in the lineup we will see a better result. Think about the lines we put out to start the game and remember that Kessel, our best offensive player and top goal scorer wasn't even playing. Broll and Orr were both in the lineup tonight as well and I don't think dressing two fighters is the best option against a finesse, passing team like Detroit. I expect Carlyle would opt to dress a player like Ashton, Colborne, D'Amigo rather than a second fighter on the fourth line next time they play the wings or another team like them.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
One plus about all the BS whining around here... I know who to add to my ignore list.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Grabo lost his job to Kadri....why is it that you can not understand that.

See the problem is Bozak should have lost his job to Kadri and Grabo should have been left to find it again but got jerked around, let's face it, Grabos comments were honest, Bozak should have even lost his job to Grabo but it never happened for reasons unknown.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Viktor Stalberg was once one of the top point getting in the NHL in a preseason.

Clarkson and Bozak don't even play the same position nor the same type of game. Would you trade Clarkson for Bozak straight up? If yes, boy am I glad you're not Dave Nonis.

Bud I would not even consider Clarkson for my team but hey, if you like guys who can't skate, shoot or pass any better than a 3m/yr jobber who had one or two good years (that's all he is) and want to may him 5.2m good luck with all that.

He skates like his skates are dull and he has an ear infection causing his balance to be off. He is so awkward and I have no idea why we brought him here.

Clarkson is a worse contract than Luongo would have been, at least Lu is good at hockey!

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
One plus about all the BS whining around here... I know who to add to my ignore list.

You are in a discussion board made up of opinions. You need to join the cheer leading forum. There You can celebrate free of negativity and discuss how awesome everyone looks this year, go team!

When I or others say Clarkson sucks it's because, I have watched him on enough occasions to say so, that's my take, Bozak is not great either but around here he is loved emphatically. It's my opinion, it's others as well.

And by the way, you are seeing what Clarkson is all about right now, if you like this at 5.2 then there is not much I can say, but this is what he is like, 10 game suspension and all.

CBinTokyo

Jan 15, 2013
Tokyo
When the whole of Leaf's nation gets Bipolar over a preseason game, the only medicine I have found that works, is to watch the February 9th, 2013 game vs Montreal.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Glad I had to work nights and missed the game.

I hate it when the team plays like crap, so hard to watch.

Good thing it's pre-season, so this doesn't count and is a good lesson for the Leafs.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Seriously. What the hell are you guys talking about. Who was the last coach to get us into the PO post lockout?

Get back to me.

Sorry everyone here is too madly inlove with Gardiner to see his flaws. God forbid the coach actually point out he doesn't think his player is as amazing as the fans think he is.

Good thing this whole thing has already been cleared up. So far everyone but HockeyCrazed101 has been wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad