Post-Game Talk: Detroit 5, Toronto 2. EVERYONE CALM THE **** DOWN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Final Score: DET 5, TOR, 2

Final Shots: DET 37, TOR 19

Goal Scorers: Joakim Andersson, Nazem Kadri, Joffery Lupul, Luke Glendening, Henrik Zetterberg, Daniel Alfredsson, Johan Franzen

Last edited:

Asif16*

So, does this look right for Tuesday opener....

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Raymond
Broll-Bolland-Kulemin
Ashton-Mcclement-Orr

Gunnarson-Phaneuf
Franson-Gardiner
Ranger-Fraser

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009
Well that wasn't very good. Refs weren't that good, but that was a pretty sloppy game. Didn't see a whole lot of positive things to talk about for the Leafs tonight, but again, it is preseason...

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Great timing for this game. Slap upside the head for the Leafs, you can't take stupid penalties and you still have to work on the power play. I am actually happy they did this now, Randy can now use it as a coaching tool. It's pre season, the score is still secondary.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
well we can't always blame the refs. there are teams that always get the benefit of the call. (Montreal, Pittsburgh, Detroit). we just flat out did not play good today. 19 shots for us is not good at all.

what's bothering me are two things
1: the fact that we're continuously letting in last minute goals in. You'd think they'd hammer that out of their system.

2: the 2nd period is still bothering them. I really have to wonder if it's the long change, because other than that, I've got NOTHING

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Meh, the entire team played like crap and the defensive zone coverage was horrendous for the most part. Hard to put the blame on Bernier, but I'm sure many will.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Few things were obvious about tonight:

• The team needs Kessel to play very close to 82 games. The team is just not the same wo/ him.
  • The game provided some great footage for some PK training. While the some of the calls and non-calls were interesting, Team Sweden made us pay for most of the calls. Fraser and Orr are completely useless against skill teams like the Wings. Either way, we need to stay out of the box against the Wings during regular season.
  • Good to see Bernier get lit up a bit (even if he had no chance on most of em), I'm anxious to see how he responds. He seems to need a little work on the high shoulder shots. Maybe adopt some of the patented prayer shrug pose.
  • Franson looked in game shape, and played over 20 mins.
  • Clarkson was bad.
  • Fraser looked awful.

Badger Mayhew*

First period was a positive. Had a higher fenwick/corsi than the Red Wings that period actually.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Detroit puts everything net and drives the net. We have to do the same

Our Centers are not skilled enough to cut through the middle.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
dave_nonis.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

CLARKSON!!!

GRABO!!!

WHAT HAVE I DONE??????

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
So, does this look right for Tuesday opener....

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Raymond
Broll-Bolland-Kulemin
Ashton-Mcclement-Orr

Gunnarson-Phaneuf
Franson-Gardiner
Ranger-Fraser

Pretty much

McClement on 3
Colborne on 4

I'd rather have Devane if I had to choose between him and Broll

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Why didn't a Gardiner play a lot? Why does he not get on the first Powerplay unit? He's been our best player in the pre-season and is probably our leading scorer

leafstilldeath*

To all those sahying its only pre-season. Did you see Detroit play? They were certainly not playing like its pre-season. Did you not see the structure Detroit was playing with? Leafs play the smurfs Oct. 1st and I don't see any urgency especially from the team that lost the game 7 the way they did.

Its NOT acceptable.

Also, enough with...

-Bozak on 1 PP unit, its bad enough he centers Kessel and JVR
-Lets just stop giving late period goals
-Defensive positioning has to be good avg ain't gonna cut it

Bag skate these ****ers if they don't put it together Oct. 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad