GDT: Det. vs. Dal. (Stars CEO calls Benn&Seguin "F**king HorseSh*t"

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
And Lites would probably turn around and tell them to take their trade list and shove it. They make way too much to return a good package without taking on a cap dump or retaining salary, which I'm guessing is what this is all about. The ink is barely dry on Seguin's near-$10M per year deal and he's giving me a 65 point season when he has great linemates in a high-scoring season? Lites was surely hearing all about how important and elite Seguin was from his agent for the preceding months during negotiations and yet Seguin is mailing it in before the contract is even in effect?

I'll admit this is unconventional and could surely backfire on him but it also could've easily been an issue going on behind the scenes that has come to a head. And to be honest, I kind of appreciate hearing this. This organization paid heavily for these assets and they're getting a **** return on their investment without any major reason why. NHL brass typically tip toes around performance issues when it comes to star players and too much of that is enabling. I wouldn't mind if public criticism, where warranted, came from front offices more often.

Historically this ends poorly. I hope it isn't a tactic Wings leadership takes.

Yzerman wouldn't do this in my opinion.

There is a reason both Tampa and Toronto talked extensively about creating a safe environment. Holland speaks on the same. The Wings occasionally let Devellano go rogue for an interview or two (or they have just accepted it and have stopped reprimanding him) a year. But man I don't think this is a good look on the Stars at all. This is one of the reasons I want the Wings to push Devellano into full retirement.

Keep your **** in house or prepare to watch it burn. Time will tell and they are locked in to what they have but Benn talks to getting calls from all around the league. Basically hey man that is really ****** up that your owner just did that. Not good news. Keep that out of the next group in Detroit's leadership. Nill's time is running out down there.

Last edited:

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
I think Blash looks at Abdelkader as a Tom Wilson and thinks hes some phenomenal gritty support guy for his top 6, except Abdelkader plays like a marshmellow.

Reactions: mantha39

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Tad boring so far

Historically this ends poorly. I hope it isn't a tactic Wings leadership takes.

Yzerman wouldn't do this in my opinion.

There is a reason both Tampa and Toronto talked extensively about creating a safe environment. Holland speaks on the same. The Wings occasionally let Devellano go rogue for an interview or two (or they have just accepted it and have stopped reprimanding him) a year. But man I don't think this is a good look on the Stars at all. This is one of the reasons I want the Wings to push Devellano into full retirement.

Keep your **** in house or prepare to watch it burn. Time will tell and they are locked in to what they have but Benn talks to getting calls from all around the league. Basically hey man that is really ****** up that your owner just did that. Not good news. Keep that out of the next group in Detroit's leadership. Nill's time is running out down there.

Yeah, don't think it's a smart thing to do either. Just watched the Benn interview response to it; he basically said it he thinks this kinda stuff should be kept in the organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad