Proposal: DET - TBL, Filip Hronek <> Anthony Cirelli

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Teams may have cap space but many are cutting payroll due to covid 19 so I don't see that kind of offer sheet coming. Why didn't Point sign a offer sheet ? last year ?
Because he's in a better situation in Tampa then he'd be in Montreal, If i were any Tampa RFA facing possible offer sheets i'd rather take less and stay in Tampa then go to Montreal.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
If Detroit likes Drysdale more than it likes the chances it can pick up a top 6 C in this draft, I probably take this, as it's looking more and more like the team's window will continue to slip until it can add an actual complement to Larkin (and if it slips too many more years, then you'll need an outright replacement for Larkin, too).

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
If Detroit likes Drysdale more than it likes the chances it can pick up a top 6 C in this draft, I probably take this, as it's looking more and more like the team's window will continue to slip until it can add an actual complement to Larkin (and if it slips too many more years, then you'll need an outright replacement for Larkin, too).

Detroit will be bad for two more drafts

You will need old 27 year olds at that time and the 7 years thereafter.

SY would remind you of that.

Detroit needs to be patient and only add, no takeaways

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Detroit will be bad for two more drafts

I think that's highly optimistic, given what the team has and what it lacks. That said, if you think we're two years out, then I assume you'd have Veleno or Perfetti (or Rossi or whoever we take this year) as the 2C, in which case yeah, don't make the move because we'd still need Hronek.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I think that's highly optimistic, given what the team has and what it lacks. That said, if you think we're two years out, then I assume you'd have Veleno or Perfetti (or Rossi or whoever we take this year) as the 2C, in which case yeah, don't make the move because we'd still need Hronek.

Sorry by bad I mean lottery pick draft spot bad

Then a year around pick 7-10
Then a post season challenge

Reactions: njx9

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
How does Hronek not have that value? Have you actually watched him play before?

Hronek scored 0.48 points per game at last season.

Comparison:

Hedman 0.83
--------------------
Shattenkirk 0.49
Sergachev 0.49
Hronek 0.48
---------------
Bogosian 0.25
McDonagh 0.24

If Shattenkirk will walk away, Hronek takes the duty a lot cheaper than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad