Proposal: DET - TBL, Filip Hronek <> Anthony Cirelli

nhljohnson

Jul 4, 2006
It's not that the Lightning shouldn't consider all options. If Cirelli is going to be moved, though, presumably any prospect or NHLer received in return needs to be exempt from the expansion draft unless a pick is the prime asset coming back.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Yzerman isn't dumb, Position of strength isn't on Tampa's side. Noway i'm giving up Hronek for Cirelli as much as i would love to add Cirelli.
Hronek is not Even projected as a strong defender in his own One, he is like gostibehere, you sure would trade him for a future couturier....

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Even if we draft Drysdale we keep Hronek. Hronek as of now is our only young defender who can play in the NHL. We hope Seider does well, but you never know with prospects, so you wait until you know you have something of strength to make moves, not make moves cause you hope you will have something.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Ugh,

No other GM wants to see Tampa(or anyone else) stay at the top

That means no other GM will do another a "solid"

Of course Tampa(or other) can do nothing.

IF Tampa moves out anyone for cap reasons, the return will be ziltch or next to it. The benefit will be the cap space and that's literally all.

It may suck but it's a fact
Oh really, is that why Tsmpa returned nothing for J.T. Miller last year when they had to move cap as well and of course no GM was going to help Tampa right...You have no facts just your wild fantasy that 30 other GMs are out to get Tampa. The real situation is that GMs do what they feel is best for their team, and no GM worth anything takes the approach you talk about as that's not how things actually work. Good luck with that thinking though.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Oh really, is that why Tsmpa returned nothing for J.T. Miller last year when they had to move cap as well and of course no GM was going to help Tampa right...You have no facts just your wild fantasy that 30 other GMs are out to get Tampa. The real situation is that GMs do what they feel is best for their team, and no GM worth anything takes the approach you talk about as that's not how things actually work. Good luck with that thinking though.

Marleau cap dump deal
Bickel cap dump deal
Subban cap dump deal
O'rielly cap dump deal
Kessel cap dump deal

More often than not, when a team needs to shed salary the shedding of the salary is the prize they're after and pay a team to do so.

Tampa may very well dump TJ for a 1st or something but my guess is that's not likely

I hope and expect that should SY trade for another teams salary casualty he dosent include an important young prospect or roster player to facilitate it

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
I don't think Hronek has this kind of value, he is project as a second line RD with high offensive instinct but low defensive instinct.
Cirelli is already projected as a next Couturier, so no the value is not fair imo.
How does Hronek not have that value? Have you actually watched him play before?

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Pass from the Wings side of things. Would rather keep a known quantity in Hronek then have to think about Cirelli and whether he can perform away from Tampa.
exactly . i dont see much offensive talent in cerelli even though im a huge fan of his . mean while hroneks been playing on worst team in nhl and still producing points . plus a righty . plus hes got ruggedness to him and doesnt shy away from physical play .

Reactions: golffuul

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Marleau cap dump deal
Bickel cap dump deal
Subban cap dump deal
O'rielly cap dump deal
Kessel cap dump deal

More often than not, when a team needs to shed salary the shedding of the salary is the prize they're after and pay a team to do so.

Tampa may very well dump TJ for a 1st or something but my guess is that's not likely

I hope and expect that should SY trade for another teams salary casualty he dosent include an important young prospect or roster player to facilitate it
Except Cirelli is neither of those things, and Tampa doesn't really have any cap dumps near the examplea you listed. Tampa isn't adding 1sts or 2nds to move anyone. As far as Cirelli for Hronek, the value is pretty close(I value Cirelli a little higher but the contract and exp draft situation also has to be considered) neither team seems interested in moving their very talented young player.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Except Cirelli is neither of those things, and Tampa doesn't really have any cap dumps near the examplea you listed. Tampa isn't adding 1sts or 2nds to move anyone. As far as Cirelli for Hronek, the value is pretty close(I value Cirelli a little higher but the contract and exp draft situation also has to be considered) neither team seems interested in moving their very talented young player.

Yes I understand that, he is younger but less proven than some of those names and not as good as some too(orielly).

My point remains the same, Tampa will deal to shed salary first and foremost so as to keep as many of its stars together as possible, so as to be the best team in the league for as long as possible.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Have you seen DET's defence?

The have Seider and could draft Drysdale. That should end up a strength moving forward.

Larkin - Cirelli would be a great 1-2 punch and the wings have a good collection of wingers

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Zadina
Fabbri - Cirelli - Mantha

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Ugh,

No other GM wants to see Tampa(or anyone else) stay at the top

That means no other GM will do another a "solid"

Of course Tampa(or other) can do nothing.

IF Tampa moves out anyone for cap reasons, the return will be ziltch or next to it. The benefit will be the cap space and that's literally all.

It may suck but it's a fact

It's not a fact. It's also not true. GMs are trying to make their teams better, and that means trying to get Cirelli. Screwing over Tampa isn't that high on the priorities list.

Last summer it was often stated here that Tampa would have to pay to unload JT Miller. They got a mid-first for him.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
The have Seider and could draft Drysdale. That should end up a strength moving forward.

Larkin - Cirelli would be a great 1-2 punch and the wings have a good collection of wingers

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Zadina
Fabbri - Cirelli - Mantha

Detroit will be drafting bottom 4 in 21, 22 and bottom 7/8 in 23

We have lots of time to go

No need to shed 1 important asset right now for another

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Marleau cap dump deal
Bickel cap dump deal
Subban cap dump deal
O'rielly cap dump deal
Kessel cap dump deal

Subban may have been a cap dump but NJ still paid two 2nds to acquire him, not Nashville adding two 2nds. O'Reilly wasn't a cap dump, Buffalo wanted him out. St. Louis also paid a 1st, 2nd and prospect who was drafted in the 1st recently for him. Pittsburgh traded a 1st plus a recent 1st for Kessel. Arizona traded a recent 1st plus a former 3rd overall who was coming off a 40 point season.

Bickell was sort of a cap dump. Carolina traded a 2nd and 3rd back to Chicago but obviously they got Teravainen back. Teravainen at the time wasn't the player he is now, he had a high ceiling still but didn't seem like he was going to hit in Chicago under Quennville. Marleau was a cap dump but also a unique one as he was going to be bought out since he was refusing for everywhere but SJ. So a team had to take the whole 6M caphit because of his 35+ contract. Toronto was also desperate for space to sign Marner. Tamps isn't as desperate and they have more options to move plus the players they are moving are valuable like the first group of names. We aren't paying to move any of our players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->