Proposal: DET - TBL, Filip Hronek <> Anthony Cirelli

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I don't disagree that Cirelli is a good player but I feel Hronek makes Detroit better

Personal opinion
I dont understand why anyone would do this , hronek was our better dman by a country mile on a horrible team and still put up good stats , imagine what he’d do in tampa?

Is Cirelli really a legit top 6 guy ? I dont think so, so whats the point of making this move? We got a ton of bottom 6 forwards now and alot of youth coming . Yzerman needs to stop going to tampa and go elsewhere,unless we get assets back for taking a contract

Hronek keeps progressing and we want to move him in 2–3 years to make room for johansson,tuomisto,mcisaac,seider (2021 pick?) etc... we move him then and we’ll fetch a much higher return than cirelli,if not who cares

Pass for me

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Ugh,

No other GM wants to see Tampa(or anyone else) stay at the top

That means no other GM will do another a "solid"

Of course Tampa(or other) can do nothing.

IF Tampa moves out anyone for cap reasons, the return will be ziltch or next to it. The benefit will be the cap space and that's literally all.

It may suck but it's a fact

I'd love to see this trade made, but I think you're wrong.

There would be 30 teams interested in getting cirelli for cheap, which would mean they would need to offer more than each other, and as long as you win the deal, who cares about the other team.

If vancouver offered a good piece, but still won the trade, I'd be happy with it. 30 other teams would be out of luck by being tooooo cheap.

I wouldn't expect to get cirelli for pretty much free though.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I dont understand why anyone would do this , hronek was our better dman by a country mile on a horrible team and still put up good stats , imagine what he’d do in tampa?

Is Cirelli really a legit top 6 guy ? I dont think so, so whats the point of making this move? We got a ton of bottom 6 forwards now and alot of youth coming . Yzerman needs to stop going to tampa and go elsewhere,unless we get assets back for taking a contract

Hronek keeps progressing and we want to move him in 2–3 years to make room for johansson,tuomisto,mcisaac,seider (2021 pick?) etc... we move him then and we’ll fetch a much higher return than cirelli,if not who cares

Pass for me
That's fine but he's been a top 6 guy all year as Tampa's 2C. He's great defensively as well and just took 4th in the Selke at 22. His offensive game is improving as well and hasn't reached his ceiling yet. He would easily be the 2C in Detroit moving ahead. He also gets very little, if any, time on the PP in Tampa, so if he did elsewhere, his point totals would also likely improve. He likely tops out as a guy who can hit 60-70 with a great defensive game. He's top 6 caliber. Anyway, I don't blame Detroit fans for not wanting to part with Hronek, he's very good already as well. I don't see Tampa moving Cirelli either unless they just get an offer that is too good to pass up.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
That's fine but he's been a top 6 guy all year as Tampa's 2C. He's great defensively as well and just took 4th in the Selke at 22. His offensive game is improving as well and hasn't reached his ceiling yet. He would easily be the 2C in Detroit moving ahead. He also gets very little, if any, time on the PP in Tampa, so if he did elsewhere, his point totals would also likely improve. He likely tops out as a guy who can hit 60-70 with a great defensive game. He's top 6 caliber. Anyway, I don't blame Detroit fans for not wanting to part with Hronek, he's very good already as well. I don't see Tampa moving Cirelli either unless they just get an offer that is too good to pass up.
Easily be a 2c today , cause we suck right now dont know about longterm . Like you said were very satisfied with hronek as you are with cirelli

I cant see anyone offering cirelli something crazy like 6 mill + , you also have the low taxes which benefit you guys so i cant see any reason he would leave or why you would move him . If anyones going its a johnson,killorn,palat not cirelli

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
We're 3 wins a way from winning a Stanley Cup. He would never do something so foolish simply because that's what you want to see

If he wins a cup he may be more tempted to get paid, similar to how Niemi signed an offersheet after winning the cup with the Hawks.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Easily be a 2c today , cause we suck right now dont know about longterm . Like you said were very satisfied with hronek as you are with cirelli

I cant see anyone offering cirelli something crazy like 6 mill + , you also have the low taxes which benefit you guys so i cant see any reason he would leave or why you would move him . If anyones going its a johnson,killorn,palat not cirelli
Oh yeah, Tampa will be losing several guys, imo, it'll be Killorn, Johnson, Paquette and Coburn. These moves will likely give Tampa enough to sign who they need and start with 22 next year. I'm sure Yzerman will have Detroit back into a playoff team soon enough, he did great things for Tampa.

Reactions: Hockeyfannnn91

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
So what happens if/when ALL of TJ/Gourde/Palat/Killorn etc. who have clauses refuse to waive? What's Tampa's move then? (considering the 3yrs of flat cap, 20+teams w/internal caps, very few with actual cap space etc.)

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
So what happens if/when ALL of TJ/Gourde/Palat/Killorn etc. who have clauses refuse to waive? What's Tampa's move then? (considering the 3yrs of flat cap, 20+teams w/internal caps, very few with actual cap space etc.)
Haha your right about that actually, if im like johnson and i win the cup , and got great weather AND i pay less taxes living in tampa i dont care what the gm says i know my teammates love me and i refuse to waive my ntc and stay

Killorn would 100% be gone somehow, his ntc is modified and if tampa had to throw in a 2nd or something to be rid of the salary , after winning the cup they wont give a shit

As much as itll suck mcdonaugh might have to go or just bridge sergachev/cirelli to two years at around 4ish per and everyone else who is rfa/ufa will have to come in at 1 mill and under

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Nope you'll just lose him to an offer sheet.
Cernak is an ideal OS candidate. Will cost the winning team just a 2nd round pick in 2021 to sign him to a deal Tampa won’t be able to match.

unless it’s the Avs or maybe Habs, an offer sheet on Cirelli leaves that team exposed to losing a lottery pick in 2021. But even Detroit can watch a high 2nd round pick in 2021 walk out the door for Cernak.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

I could easily see the Avs offer Cirelli at least 6mm AAV. Low state tax. Good team.

Killorn is as good as gone. Cirelli and Cernak gonna draw a ton of interest as RFAs.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Haha your right about that actually, if im like johnson and i win the cup , and got great weather AND i pay less taxes living in tampa i dont care what the gm says i know my teammates love me and i refuse to waive my ntc and stay

Killorn would 100% be gone somehow, his ntc is modified and if tampa had to throw in a 2nd or something to be rid of the salary , after winning the cup they wont give a shit

As much as itll suck mcdonaugh might have to go or just bridge sergachev/cirelli to two years at around 4ish per and everyone else who is rfa/ufa will have to come in at 1 mill and under

Actually rechecked and got mixed up with the year ahead , theyll definetly have to likely beg someone to waive their ntc and likely just give awya killorn/paquette . No choice

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Actually rechecked and got mixed up with the year ahead , theyll definetly have to likely beg someone to waive their ntc and likely just give awya killorn/paquette . No choice
They won't be giving away Killorn, he'll get at least a 2nd, probably a little more. Paquette will go for whatever they can get. Johnson can either waive the ntc or risk getting either bought out or even waived. Tampa would obviously like to get something for him, but if he won't move a year early, Tampa would potentially risk losing him for no return rather than not have enough for the guys they need to sign. They won't be adding picks to Killorn or Johnson though.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If he wins a cup he may be more tempted to get paid, similar to how Niemi signed an offersheet after winning the cup with the Hawks.

The same Hawks team that was cap-strapped far worse than Tampa is? Cirelli can stay with Tampa and still be paid well. One trade clears like $4-5 million in room.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

It's not gonna come to that because none of those guys have NMC's.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I like how this trade is a 22 year old defender on the worst team in the league for a 23 year old center on the best team in the league... And both have virtually the same scoring rate over their careers, but somehow the value, "Isn't even close".

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
The same Hawks team that was cap-strapped far worse than Tampa is? Cirelli can stay with Tampa and still be paid well. One trade clears like $4-5 million in room.

I would not say $4 mil is being paid well of Cirelli's caliber, $5 mil is closer on a short-term contract.

Regardless, another team may be willing to offer Cirelli a ~$6 mil OS. It'll all depend if he wants to maximize his earnings or not, which some players tend to do after winning the cup.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I would not say $4 mil is being paid well of Cirelli's caliber, $5 mil is closer on a short-term contract.

Regardless, another team may be willing to offer Cirelli a ~$6 mil OS. It'll all depend if he wants to maximize his earnings or not, which some players tend to do after winning the cup.

If any team is insane enough to offer the guy only $750k less than what we're paying Brayden Point in a flat cap situation they deserve to be shot into the sun.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If any team is insane enough to offer the guy only $750k less than what we're paying Brayden Point in a flat cap situation they deserve to be shot into the sun.

Brayden Point took a discount to stay in Tampa.

Plus look at Cirelli's comparables. Pageau just got a 5x5 mil contract, I have no doubt in my mind Cirelli is going to become a better player than Pageau. I would much rather sign Cirelli to a 5-6 x 6 mil contract that takes him through his prime (23-28 or 29) than Pageau to a 5 x 5 mil (28 to 33).

You are looking at it only from Tampa's point of view where Cirelli is getting RFA money. Other teams will consider Cirelli more or less an UFA when offering him a deal.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Brayden Point took a discount to stay in Tampa.

Plus look at Cirelli's comparables. Pageau just got a 5x5 mil contract, I have no doubt in my mind Cirelli is going to become a better player than Pageau. I would much rather sign Cirelli to a 5-6 x 6 mil contract that takes him through his prime (23-28 or 29) than Pageau to a 5 x 5 mil (28 to 33).

You are looking at it only from Tampa's point of view where Cirelli is getting RFA money. Other teams will consider Cirelli more or less an UFA when offering him a deal.

Ehhh, I dunno that I'd call a bridge contract at just under $7M a discount. Longer term, sure.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I don't think Hronek has this kind of value, he is project as a second line RD with high offensive instinct but low defensive instinct.
Cirelli is already projected as a next Couturier, so no the value is not fair imo.
Value isn't fair but Tampa would probably prefer him than losing Cirelli to OS if they can't move out enough salary this off season

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Dude if some insane GM offers Anthony Cirelli between $7 million to $8 million per for 5 years on an offer sheet. There's noway he's turning it down.

Teams may have cap space but many are cutting payroll due to covid 19 so I don't see that kind of offer sheet coming. Why didn't Point sign a offer sheet ? last year ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad