Confirmed with Link: [DET/TBL] Adam Erne traded for a 4th rd pick in 2020

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
We've actually gotten physically weaker up front now Miller, Cally and Erne are all gone.
Exactly. Many (here) wanted physicality addressed, so they go and get rid of our players of that type.

Stralman is gone too (though I don’t remember a single hit from him last season).

Edit: to be fair, they didn’t get rid of Cally, he just can’t play anymore

Last edited:

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
baby hippo.png

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
hey guys trying to map out rosters.

I'm going with a Witkowski-Paquette-Martel 4th line to start the year for you guys but wondering who is the favorite for the #13F slot, or if any other guys have a better chance at cracking that 4th line to start?

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
hey guys trying to map out rosters.

I'm going with a Witkowski-Paquette-Martel 4th line to start the year for you guys but wondering who is the favorite for the #13F slot, or if any other guys have a better chance at cracking that 4th line to start?

Witkowski will be in the ahl. The last 2 spots will be between Martel/Verhaeghe/Volkov/Stephens/Barre-Boulet. 13th forward will be someone who needs waivers so Martel or Verhaeghe probably.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Witkowski will be in the ahl. The last 2 spots will be between Martel/Verhaeghe/Volkov/Stephens/Barre-Boulet. 13th forward will be someone who needs waivers so Martel or Verhaeghe probably.

danke

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I spent like an hour earlier reading about hippos. The thing I actually learned that I never knew was that there are hippos living in Colombia (in the wild)

Pablo Escobar was a G man.... He got hippos from Africa just because he wanted them. Those hippos you're talking about were his

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's not hard to picture Sergachev moving. If his play doesn't improve and he asks for something like 4.5...
Lol if he actually did that the proper response is "You know we owe Ottawa a favor for taking Callahan right?" And if Erne gets a 4th then Sergachev gets a 2nd

But you are right about the principle

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Lol if he actually did that the proper response is "You know we owe Ottawa a favor for taking Callahan right?" And if Erne gets a 4th then Sergachev gets a 2nd

But you are right about the principle

His point totals are out of sync with his actual value. At his age, a D who can put up 30 and 40 points are worth solid money. But we also know there's a lot he still needs to clean up, and the totals, particularly in the 1st half of his rookie year, were a bit inflated. So I can easily see him demanding that kind of money, but us not being willing to pay it.

Unless he takes a big step forward, in which case things get even more complicated.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
His point totals are out of sync with his actual value. At his age, a D who can put up 30 and 40 points are worth solid money. But we also know there's a lot he still needs to clean up, and the totals, particularly in the 1st half of his rookie year, were a bit inflated. So I can easily see him demanding that kind of money, but us not being willing to pay it.

Unless he takes a big step forward, in which case things get even more complicated.

Yeah you're not kidding. But with Foote in our back pocket likely ready to go by 2020 the decision to stay or go ultimately falls onto Sergachev. I'd love to see him stay and make a career here but I know we've got a snowball's chance in winter January in not only getting a decent return but drafting a better player if we get a pick.

Downie->Quincy->1st->Vasy

Let's just hope the kid is reasonable and it doesn't come to that

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
The amount of good things people from other teams have to say about him all of a sudden is pretty funny. I wonder what changed. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad