Confirmed with Link: [DET/TBL] Adam Erne traded for a 4th rd pick in 2020

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Was a big fan of Erne, but I'm a fan of most of our guys. Glad we could get a pick, we didn't have a lot of control on him.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Baby Hippo has left the chat.

He never really showed any kind of progression wish him the best though.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Makes sense. Clears cap space, clears a contract spot and does well for Erne who gets a better opportunity elsewhere.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
There was a good chance we were going to see Erne on waivers at camp, this gives him a better shot with another organization and helps us retain some value.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Maybe the Lowry Park Zoo can loan us a baby hippo a game or two per season....

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
I supported this kid for the longest time, believing him to be our Power Forward of the future. Once I took off my Rose Colored Glasses and saw him for what he was, I realized just how wrong I was about his skill level and where he would fit in at the NHL level. This is a case of Erne needing a new home and the Lightning needed roster space. WIN/WIN for both sides.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Does this kind of pencil Stephens in? He's been touted as a Callahan-type. Seems like a better 4th line fit than some of the other options. I think the more offensive guys will battle for one spot and Stephens might get the other just based on style.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Unless Joseph and Cirelli score 20 goals and 50 points each and Cernak/Sergachev turn into legit top 4 without babysitters I'm not gonna worry too much. We will find a way bro.
And as long as ABB and Volkov aren't complete mirages. If we have to trade a Joseph or a Cirelli, because they've become too expensive, that also means their value will be high. So I think it's important to have replacements ready. Definitely plausible we won't be able to keep all of them. Cernak worries me. Righties get paid, and he looks legit to me.

Reactions: AmbulanceChaser

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
And as long as ABB and Volkov aren't complete mirages. If we have to trade a Joseph or a Cirelli, because they've become too expensive, that also means their value will be high. So I think it's important to have replacements ready. Definitely plausible we won't be able to keep all of them. Cernak worries me. Righties get paid, and he looks legit to me.

We will see. It's probably a vet who gets moved first

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2