Confirmed Trade: [DET/STL] Robby Fabbri for Jacob de la Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Oilers couldnt beat this? They need depth scoring badly.
Holland clearly has a vision of what he wants his team to look like. Army was in the building when this trade went down. If Holland wanted him, he just had to ask.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Smart strategy for a bad team. They can give guys like Fabbri much more rope than team in playoff race can. But chances of Fabbri being good enough that Blues regret this deal are pretty small.

They probably won’t regret it either way bc Fabbri probably doesn’t give his game playing low minutes with them.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
For Detroit fans:
Fabbri’s knee isn’t the problem. He looks plenty fast enough and explosive enough as a skater to be an NHL player. But he seems to have lost his sense of how to play without the puck, especially when the opponent has it. And he’s created some exciting moments on offense, but can’t seem to cash in on scoring chances. Personally, I think his shot doesn’t look right. He’s lost his confidence there and it lacks the velocity it showed his rookie season.

Bottom line, I think it’s all mental. I think his knee is not remotely the issue. So there’s hope that with some regular ice time and a chance to play through the rust, maybe you’ve got something there. For the Blues, they have more promising prospects that passed him, and he just couldn’t earn his way past them. I bet Kyrou will be up shortly.

I’ll be rooting for Fabbri.

Sadly, Detroit is not a place to go to find your confidence. This team is a confidence killer. He will get ice time and a real shot, but unfortunately, the team sucks so bad he will have to pull his weight + all the dead weight on the Wings. It's a recipe for failure right out of the gate for him.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Well this is just false.

He has 7 points in 41 games.....between last year and this year. And last year, his 1st game was Nov 1...missed all of Oct. So in just over 1 year, he has those 7 points....not 3 year like you suggested.

And it was 3 years ago he broke 30 points getting the 37. And 2 years ago had 29 points in 51 games.

Just sayin'.
So he had 7pts in 41 games over three years, like I said. He missed an entire year, and that’s why I said 41 games over three years. Two years ago he didn’t get 29 pts, he missed that entire year. I said “four or five years ago he broke 30”.....which was four years ago.

If you’re going to get persnickety and overly detailed against a post that wasn’t trying to be that detailed in the first place you should learn how to read a stat sheet. Just sayin.

I like the player. I think he was the better player few years ago. Now he’s basically starting from scratch and is a huge question mark, making this not a win or lopsided trade as people are trying to make it to be.

Reactions: Blueston

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I got news for you. De la rose is even worse.

Red Wings fan here, De la rose is solid and fans like him. He's a big bodied minute eater, PKer and has shown this season that he can chip in offensively.

You might like him and will certainly help your team depth.

I'm not expecting much out Fabbri just because Wings are a terrible and won't help his confidence. Glad to hear (from others) his past injuries aren't holding him back physically.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I like this deal for the wings, yes I understand Fabbri is damaged goods, but their is still the hope he can find his game again. on the flip side De La Rose is a bust

A former 2nd round pick that plays in the NHL who has been solid for the DRWs and fans overall like him is a considered bust?

He's a reliable depth asset for a team looking to repeat. He's not a 24 year old Nicklas Backstrom =/

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
A former 2nd round pick that plays in the NHL who has been solid for the DRWs and fans overall like him is a considered bust?

He's a reliable depth asset for a team looking to repeat. He's not a 24 year old Nicklas Backstrom =/
Kinda like Lars Eller. Not someone who'll give you any offensive depth but a very solid defensive guy on the right roster. DLR is an NHL player. Frabbri is a risky bet with the injuries and all. Could be a good trade for both teams or nothing at all!

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Kinda like Lars Eller. Not someone who'll give you any offensive depth but a very solid defensive guy on the right roster. DLR is an NHL player. Frabbri is a risky bet with the injuries and all. Could be a good trade for both teams or nothing at all!

To me DLR is very replaceable, as while he is decent defensively it isn't like he is amazing and he has to no offence to speak of. He has played well this season for what he is, but there is also just as good a chance that a deeper team like St. Louis has others that will push him out of the lineup.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't think this is as lopsided as a lot of people are making it sound. Fabbri came into the league with a lot of promise early, but with injuries and stuff...he just hasn't really managed to ever build on what he did as a rookie. De la Rose isn't going to score a ton, but the Blues are getting a guy who is probably a lot better suited to Bottom-6 duty. He'll play those sort of minutes, kill some penalties, and probably be trusted more by the coach than Fabbri.

It's a totally reasonable gamble for the Wings to take. Doesn't exactly cost them anything irreplaceable, and maybe with a fresh start, Fabbri starts to rediscover some of that potential he showed early in his career for the Blues. The Wings are in more of a situation to give Fabbri a whirl in the Top-6 where he might fit better, if injuries haven't basically sapped him of his ability. But as current players...i don't know that Fabbri is really any better a contributor than De La Rose. Particularly in the role they'd both be filling the St. Louis.

Just kinda looks like a "change of scenery" deal to a team that isn't good and can afford to tinker around with a reclamation project, with a steady reliable player going back the other way, to a team that obviously intends to contend.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

Having watched both a lot when they were in Montreal, DLR is multiple tiers below Eller as a hockey talent. That said DLR is certainly a serviceable 4th liner with really good defensive qualities.

Reactions: HabsQC

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
That's a myth mostly spread by players who suck defensively, and thus have a poor +/- rating

Jeff Schultz once led the league in +/- .... must be best in the league defensively then too? Why was he pushed out of the league?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Berube is going to love DLR. He fits the Blues bottom line perfectly.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Having watched both a lot when they were in Montreal, DLR is multiple tiers below Eller as a hockey talent. That said DLR is certainly a serviceable 4th liner with really good defensive qualities.

I still remember Therrien gurgling to the media about how DLR was the 2nd coming of Jordan Staal, purely to mindf*** with Eller.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Someone actually traded for De la Rose?

Did Brett Hull break into the Blues offices, declare himself as GM and drunk dial Yzerman?

So many unanswered questions.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Glad he gets a shot on the second line but not expecting much due to the team sucking as hard as it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad