Proposal: DET - STL (Imagine that...)

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
What should Detroit's offer be?
seems like this has been answered repeatedly in this thread, i get that detroit fans don't want to give up much value and have taken to undervaluing buchnevich to suggest that logic should suffice, but if you're only looking to make a frugal deal, might as well close the thread and aim for another player

Reactions: Blueston

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
seems like this has been answered repeatedly in this thread, i get that detroit fans don't want to give up much value and have taken to undervaluing buchnevich to suggest that logic should suffice, but if you're only looking to make a frugal deal, might as well close the thread and aim for another player
Wallinder
2025 1st
Berggren
Fabbri/Veleno

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
The only way Yzerman trades ASP is for a guy like Robert Thomas and we both know blues decline immediately. He’s that good
So you have a top pairinf small defender and you want a bonified 1c who averages 1pt per game. Nope. I get evidson is off limits. But buchy is 1.5 years of contract,he is a first line player and a clutch player. You think 3rd pairing propsects and first will get him.

Lets do this go through your top 25 prospects and let us know who is off the table.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
So you have a top pairinf small defender and you want a bonified 1c who averages 1pt per game. Nope. I get evidson is off limits. But buchy is 1.5 years of contract,he is a first line player and a clutch player. You think 3rd pairing propsects and first will get him.

Lets do this go through your top 25 prospects and let us know who is off the table.
Buchnevich isn’t a centre?

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Actually he has been played a a center several times this season and last. He is just a better winger. But he can play both.

Also i was toping about a #1c point per game when the poster wanted robert thomas in exchange for sandin-pelika which is a ridiculous ask. Robert thomas has more value than any propsect in detroits pool.

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Actually he has been played a a center several times this season and last. He is just a better winger. But he can play both.

Also i was toping about a #1c point per game when the poster wanted robert thomas in exchange for sandin-pelika which is a ridiculous ask. Robert thomas has more value than any propsect in detroits pool.
I mean he said STL would refuse. Nobody said ASP would get us Thomas. But just like you wouldn’t trade Thomas we also wouldn’t trade our likely best or second best prospect.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I mean he said STL would refuse. Nobody said ASP would get us Thomas. But just like you wouldn’t trade Thomas we also wouldn’t trade our likely best or second best prospect.

I get it but you dont get quality with quantity. So i sent the list of top prospects. Which ones from that list are off the table in your opinion.

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I get it but you dont get quality with quantity. So i sent the list of top prospects. Which ones from that list are off the table in your opinion.
For who? Obviously nobody is off the table depending on the player coming back.

For Thomas I’d give up anybody except Edvinsson.

For Buchnevich I’d give up anybody except Edvinsson, Danielson, and ASP. Kasper is iffy I’d like to hold on to him.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
For who? Obviously nobody is off the table depending on the player coming back.

For Thomas I’d give up anybody except Edvinsson.

For Buchnevich I’d give up anybody except Edvinsson, Danielson, and ASP. Kasper is iffy I’d like to hold on to him.
Thomas is not on the table never was. Buchnevich was the ask from detroit.
Then i just dont see a deal being. Made.

I could possibly het around wallinder albert jo and a 1st. With the blues taking buches cap back in 1 ywar dump.

Unfortunately i dont think my fellow blues fans would agree. I think wallinder has promise in top . I think johanson top end is 4th. The 1st allows us to draft, which is exactly what we excell at. I honestly think sandin and 1st is ask.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Actually he can play C pretty well. He’s a natural C and they have used him there over the last year, and he’s been good. Another reason he’d be a good fit.

If it’s straight up for Buchnevich, and there’s nothing else in the deal from the Blues, just think you can rule out Kasper, Danielson, Mazur, ASP, Edvinsson or Tuomisto.

While it wouldn’t shock me to see Detroit add to a Wallinder or Johansson and a 1st, it would be things like Fabbri and Berggren. They’re not getting 3 top end pieces, and I’d be shocked if one of Detroit’s big 4 pieces were included at all. I’d almost add Tuomisto to that list of 4..

Big, 6’5” RHD, who win battles and move the puck, don’t grow on trees, and he’s flying up their list right now. He and Mazur are the two big reasons Grand Rapids season turned around, after they came back from injury.

If people notice, he’s playing on the top pairing with Edvinsson right now. That’s not a mistake. He’s looking more and more high-end everyday.

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Actually he can play C pretty well. He’s a natural C and they have used him there over the last year, and he’s been good. Another reason he’d be a good fit.

If it’s straight up for Buchnevich, and there’s nothing else in the deal from the Blues, just think you can rule out Kasper, Danielson, Mazur, ASP, Edvinsson or Tuomisto.

While it wouldn’t shock me to see Detroit add to a Wallinder or Johansson and a 1st, it would be things like Fabbri and Berggren. They’re not getting 3 top end pieces, and I’d be shocked if one of Detroit’s big 4 pieces were included at all. I’d almost add Tuomisto to that list of 4..

Big, 6’5” RHD, who win battles and move the puck, don’t grow on trees, and he’s flying up their list right now. He and Mazur are the two big reasons Grand Rapids season turned around, after they came back from injury.

If people notice, he’s playing on the top pairing with Edvinsson right now. That’s not a mistake. He’s looking more and more high-end everyday.
There is no way Mazur and Tuomisto are untouchable for Buchnevich.

Thomas is not on the table never was. Buchnevich was the ask from detroit.
Then i just dont see a deal being. Made.

I could possibly het around wallinder albert jo and a 1st. With the blues taking buches cap back in 1 ywar dump.

Unfortunately i dont think my fellow blues fans would agree. I think wallinder has promise in top . I think johanson top end is 4th. The 1st allows us to draft, which is exactly what we excell at. I honestly think sandin and 1st is ask.
I’d easily do the deal you suggested of Wally/Johansson/1st. Guess we’ll see

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Timo Meier is two years younger and has two 30 goal and one 40 goal season. Not really comparable.

I would take that proposal and trim it down to Berggren+1st+2nd.
change berggren to wallinder and I'd be fine.

Johansson and Okhotyuk are EXTREMELY similar prospects. They were drafted a pick apart in the same draft and have had similar development since IMO. Johansson might be on Detroit as the 6/7 dman next year. Okhotyuk is currently on the sharks roster playing on their 2nd pairing…
...............................its the same sharks that are 2nd last in the league right? Same team as detroit for sure

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019

I think al joh wallinder and first is a fair trade.

I think wallinder mazur and first plus cap dump.
For
Buch buch and a 3rd. Woukd be good. As well

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

They are in this deal. As I explained, if you’re adding either, to another top end prospect and a 1st rounder??? Detroit won’t do that type of a deal for a forward. If Buchnevich was 24-25, that’s a different story. By themselves, or in replacement of another in demand prospect?? Sure. Of course they’re not untouchable.

Although, my explanation on Tuomisto stands. I’m close to saying “not at all.” He’s close to that tag being placed on him. That’s how good he’s been, and he keeps getting better. Remember he was injured the first 6 weeks or so of his first pro season over here. He’s only 2 months in, and he makes a visible difference in the AHL already. He’s passed Wallinder for sure. No fault of Wallinder either. He’s just been that good.

He really is becoming a prospect, you just don’t trade. His being as good as he was in camp, wasn’t a fluke now. That season back in Finland did him wonders (with his feet) after playing college.

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
They are in this deal. As I explained, if you’re adding either, to another top end prospect and a 1st rounder??? Detroit won’t do that type of a deal for a forward. If Buchnevich was 24-25, that’s a different story. By themselves, or in replacement of another in demand prospect?? Sure. Of course they’re not untouchable.

Although, my explanation on Tuomisto stands. I’m close to saying “not at all.” He’s close to that tag being placed on him. That’s how good he’s been, and he keeps getting better. Remember he was injured the first 6 weeks or so of his first pro season over here. He’s only 2 months in, and he makes a visible difference in the AHL already. He’s passed Wallinder for sure. No fault of Wallinder either. He’s just been that good.

He really is becoming a prospect, you just don’t trade. His being as good as he was in camp, wasn’t a fluke now. That season back in Finland did him wonders (with his feet) after playing college.
You are vastly overrating prospects in general. Wallinder + Tuomisto + 1st would be a fantastic deal for Buchnevich. If Buchnevich was a 24-25 year old PPG 1st line winger with physicality and solid 2 way play, the ask would start with Raymond/Edvinsson along with Kasper/Danielson, let alone these prospects. Let's be real here. I am optimistic about our prospects ,but Antii Tuomisto is not a significant piece for a player like Buchnevich.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
..............................its the same sharks that are 2nd last in the league right? Same team as detroit for sure
You have completely missed the point.

If you think Johansson is a significantly better prospect than Okhotyuk then I think you are being a homer, plain and simple. But at least you wouldn’t be alone when it comes to Detroit fans and their prospects in this thread.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
You are vastly overrating prospects in general. Wallinder + Tuomisto + 1st would be a fantastic deal for Buchnevich. If Buchnevich was a 24-25 year old PPG 1st line winger with physicality and solid 2 way play, the ask would start with Raymond/Edvinsson along with Kasper/Danielson, let alone these prospects. Let's be real here. I am optimistic about our prospects ,but Antii Tuomisto is not a significant piece for a player like Buchnevich.
We always get to find out what “value” are on players, when the player is ultimately traded. We also get to find out how good a prospect may or may not end up being, and if anyone under/over valued them.

The biggest mistake on this site, is those who have no patience for prospects to develop. Especially dmen. We always get to find out though. So we’ll see if I’ve overrated anyone’s “value.”

One thing’s for certain though, over the last 25 years, you’ll have a tough time finding historical trades, where teams trade very many 23 and under, 6’4”+ PMD, drafted in the first 65 picks. They’re just worth way too much if they hit. Even less drafted top 50, 40, 1st round, etc.

That’s where “value” comes from. Teams just don’t trade them for a reason. Because they hold a lot of value.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
We always get to find out what “value” are on players, when the player is ultimately traded. We also get to find out how good a prospect may or may not end up being, and if anyone under/over valued them.

The biggest mistake on this site, is those who have no patience for prospects to develop. Especially dmen. We always get to find out though. So we’ll see if I’ve overrated anyone’s “value.”

One thing’s for certain though, over the last 25 years, you’ll have a tough time finding historical trades, where teams trade very many 23 and under, 6’4”+ PMD, drafted in the first 65 picks. They’re just worth way too much if they hit. Even less drafted top 50, 40, 1st round, etc.

That’s where “value” comes from. Teams just don’t trade them for a reason. Because they hold a lot of value.

You bring up an interesting point without knowing. The statement about learning a player’s value when traded isn’t exactly true.

It’s a fact that lopsided trades happen. Look no further when Buchnevich was traded to the Blues for Blais and a 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad