Proposal: DET - STL (Imagine that...)

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Is Detroit going "all in" now? Why would they want to trade youth for age?

Or is this just for the sake of giving up young assets just to get some media attention and talked about for a few days for funzies? I don't see how DET trading for this player moves the needle in the grand scheme of things. They just lose upcoming youth/assets.
The Wings have a TON of youth coming up and not enough room for them all.

Getting an established 1st/2nd line player for Wallinder or Johansson (don’t have room for both) and a mid 1st is fine by me.

Now, I would be worried about giving Buch more than a 3-4 year extension

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
L
Lol incorrect
#1 all around D
Two way 30g/ppg C

Vs

65-75pt W?

Hmmm tough choice

Top quality rebuttal.
It really highlights the argument in favor of your stance and shows maximum effort. If only more people would put in the effort like you do, we could all learn a thing or two.
Those are HF Boards versions of “I know you are but what am I?”

Reactions: SimonEdvinssonAtSix

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
People said the same thing about the nucks when they aquired JT and Hronek. As a nucks fan I say it's worked out pretty well.

People are far to attached to prospects and draft picks, they are assets, some you keep, some you trade, otherwise you become the sabres and rebuild, after rebuild after rebuild. Detroit is absolutely close enough to start using assets to get players entering or in their prime to go with their untouchable pieces. That's the only way to take the next step. The only pieces you don't trade are the tentpoles. In Vancouver's case that was Demko, Quinn, EP. I'm not saying you trade them all but with Seider and Edvinsinn, (sp) any other D should be available for a player that makes you better now and going forward.
Even ASP who's realistically 4+ years from being anywhere near his ceiling, if he even reaches it. Obviously the better the prospect, the better the player coming back,

Fine, I would trade that package for J.T. Miller. Happy?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
lol @ Debrincat. Do you hate defence?
Yes it’s by far my least favourite position in hockey.

Wingers simply can’t make a huge difference in the game unless they’re the elite of the elites defensively which he is not.

But continue to think he’d be out best player, it’s cute.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Yes it’s by far my least favourite position in hockey.

Wingers simply can’t make a huge difference in the game unless they’re the elite of the elites defensively which he is not.

But continue to think he’d be out best player, it’s cute.

Buch is probably comparable to Larkin, but he’s much better than Debrincat. Buch’s 2 was game is elite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad