Confirmed Trade: [DET/SJS] Nyquist [30% Retained] for 2019 2nd, 2020 3rd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
was expecting/hoping a 1st for Nyquist, but i can see teams scoffing at his PO resume

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Cause they have a core that’s consistently gone deep in the playoffs. Their window is now before Couture and little Joe are on the wrong side of 30. Don’t get me wrong I’m a fan of what the Jackets are doing.
they have a great core, but consistently gone deep in the playoffs? They've made it out of round 2 once in 8 years

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Cause they have a core that’s consistently gone deep in the playoffs. Their window is now before Couture and little Joe are on the wrong side of 30. Don’t get me wrong I’m a fan of what the Jackets are doing.
Pavelski is 34

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
It's amazing no matter what Wilson has done he hasn't won the big one. How come I feel the same this year.

Because your disappointed mr tierney is nothing more then a middle sixer and DeMelo is nothing but bottom pairing

And thank you to the Karlsson trade this is the best opportunity we have had.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017

Oof. A fraud? He’s a good player who’s had a bad luck in terms offense the last two years. He’s a perimeter player who’s played the opposite of that because of how he’s been utilized.

This year coincidentally playing with Larkin as a perimeter player has allowed him to be more affective at his role. I suspect SJ fans will like him and see my pov.

Shame some Wings fans don’t see that.

It's not that I don't think he's talented. It's that on principle I have a really hard time believing in guys who have career years this late into their careers on a contract year. So yeah I think his numbers are fraudulent and especially at his age, I would say the last two seasons will be a more accurate representation of what to expect going forward than this one. I could end up being wrong but we'll have to wait and see.

Regardless of what either of us thinks about him, one thing we should be able to agree on is that his contract like in basically every other negotiation ever, will be heavily based on this year and as a result he'll probably get something like 6x6 or something crazy like that. This is why I'm skeptical.

Reactions: jkutswings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad