Confirmed Trade: [DET/SJS] Nyquist [30% Retained] for 2019 2nd, 2020 3rd

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
No, but a lot of Wings fans were calling it just from speculation. Karlsson golfs with a lot of our Swedes/former Swedish players in the offseason.

I would not be surprised at all if Nyquist nixed other offers

I have read from multiple non-reliable sources that Nyquist supposedly nixed a trade elsewhere. I read Boston as one of the places he nixed a trade to but who knows whether or not that’s true.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I have read from multiple non-reliable sources that Nyquist supposedly nixed a trade elsewhere. I read Boston as one of the places he nixed a trade to but who knows whether or not that’s true.
I had read he wouldn't waive last year so i wouldn't be surprised if he was hella picky this year.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Is there something funny about not liking a certain team? Are you a fan of every team? Remember when I said if you're going to quote me to make sense?

I don't want to speak to him but I thought it was funny too. Not in a negative way, more of a "I can appreciate the sentiment" way.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
So much for that 1st round pick Detroit fans were telling me it was gonna take lmao.

I love the smugness of these posts. Trade value, especially at the TDL, is a floating target. Either way this is great value for the Sharks.

On the other hand, I remember being told Jensen wasn't worth a 2nd and Tatar wasn't worth a 1st ++.

Makoshark

Sep 19, 2018
Humboldt County

Has this been posted yet?

This is great to hear. I know Nyquist is a rental, but being first on his list is a big deal, not just for our cup run, but it gives us a leg up on a potential re-signing if we decide to move on from JP. Not saying its going to happen but the more options the Sharks have, the better.

Also if this increases the appeal of our franchise more to EK then I am even more happy about the acquisition. Shows commitment to winning and a commitment to become more Swedish:laugh: :sarcasm:.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
An Edmonton fan poking fun at another team regarding trade value?? looool

Because lifelong fan = GM ! Awesome logic. Crazy how butthurt Detroit fans got to this comment, I guess people on HF don't like to be called out when they say random garbage like "Nyquist deserves a 1st don't offer me your b-level prospects or a 2nd" then go ahead and get a 2nd from a top 3 team in the West.

In before 2nd round of "lol Oilers, your opinion on hockey is irrelevant on a message board for hockey fans"

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Wish Gus the best. Never quite became the impact player he was thought to be, but then again he was like 24 when he finally got to the NHL full time(partly because of college but a lot of Holland/Babcock-ism too). Very reliable offensive player anyway and no reason for that to change in SJ.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Because lifelong fan = GM ! Awesome logic. Crazy how ******** Detroit fans got to this comment, I guess people on HF don't like to be called out when they say random garbage like "Nyquist deserves a 1st don't offer me your b-level prospects or a 2nd" then go ahead and get a 2nd from a top 3 team in the West.

In before 2nd round of "lol Oilers, your opinion on hockey is irrelevant on a message board for hockey fans"

You should put "Knew Nyquist wouldn't get a 1st lmao all Red Wings fans suck lmao!!!" on your resume. Seems like one of your biggest achievements. Congrats, my guy!

Your intelligence is off the charts. There should be a section of the forum where only true hockey experts are allowed in!!

Reactions: The Red Line

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
This is great to hear. I know Nyquist is a rental, but being first on his list is a big deal, not just for our cup run, but it gives us a leg up on a potential re-signing if we decide to move on from JP. Not saying its going to happen but the more options the Sharks have, the better.

Also if this increases the appeal of our franchise more to EK then I am even more happy about the acquisition. Shows commitment to winning and a commitment to become more Swedish:laugh: :sarcasm:.
Be careful what you wish for. You just might have a Swedish Mafia situation where they decide who plays and on what lines. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Makoshark

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad