Confirmed Trade: [DET/SJS] Nyquist [30% Retained] for 2019 2nd, 2020 3rd

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I guess people on HF don't like to be called out when they say random garbage like "Nyquist deserves a 1st don't offer me your b-level prospects or a 2nd" then go ahead and get a 2nd from a top 3 team in the West.

Man, imagine that - people on an IBB not getting trade terms exactly right. Sure seems like the kind of thing you should crow endlessly about as if you've never been wrong.

Danglesyuk13

Feb 25, 2019
Because lifelong fan = GM ! Awesome logic. Crazy how ******** Detroit fans got to this comment, I guess people on HF don't like to be called out when they say random garbage like "Nyquist deserves a 1st don't offer me your b-level prospects or a 2nd" then go ahead and get a 2nd from a top 3 team in the West.

In before 2nd round of "lol Oilers, your opinion on hockey is irrelevant on a message board for hockey fans"
Y'all got any of those hart trophy forwards laying around for or 2nd pair defensemen?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What are the chances he resigns?

At first blush I'd say it's not good but there are a lot of potential moving parts to San Jose this off-season. I would think his re-signing here specifically is more tied to Karlsson's re-signing but it might also be tied with Pavelski and/or Donskoi leaving as well. The Sharks will likely have a few moves to do in order to make everyone they want to have fit stay there. The team has that option if circumstances break a certain way but we have to wait and see obviously.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
Really happy with this move. I didn't expect DW to add a player of this caliber at the deadline - I was expecting a depth move for a 4C or backup goaltender. When I read about Detroit and SJ scouting each other I assumed it was going to involve a guy like Helm.

I think Nyquist would look awesome on the second line with Kane and Hertl. This would allow Donskoi to slide down to the third line with Thornton and Labanc. Probably the most stacked roster the Sharks have ever had.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012

Ken Holland says NTC didn't handcuff him in any way. Nyquist was willing to be traded and only requested not to be traded to one particular team.

RIP everyone's opinion on value ITT

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Ken Holland says NTC didn't handcuff him in any way. Nyquist was willing to be traded and only requested not to be traded to one particular team.

I'll guess Boston. Then, they got Johansson.

I'd imagine the offers were fairly close.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008

Only requested to not be traded to one particular team.

lol poor Ottawa

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Only requested to not be traded to one particular team.

lol poor Ottawa
LOL let the speculation ensue.

Honestly suprised 'only one'. If I had the power of a NTC, they're be a lot more than one.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
They're the scariest team in the west right now
But why do I have a feeling that if SJ plays Dallas, St. Louis or Vegas in the 1st round, they there will be a massive upset

I'm a rival divisional fan, but for some reason I really want to see Thornton lift the Stanley cup

Reactions: Devonator

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
But why do I have a feeling that if SJ plays Dallas, St. Louis or Vegas in the 1st round, they there will be a massive upset

I'm a rival divisional fan, but for some reason I really want to see Thornton lift the Stanley cup
"They're the scariest team, but I think they will lose first round." Way to cover all the bases on that one.

Reactions: Phu

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
The Athletic article by Kevin Kurz states a source told him Nyquist nixed a trade to Winnipeg.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Holland said No Trade Clauses did not effect any trades
“It helped that Nyquist, who had a no-trade clause, wanted to come to the Sharks. According to a source, Nyquist turned down a trade to the Winnipeg Jets before agreeing to make his way to San Jose. He’s friends with Karlsson, too, so that likely helped sway him.”

Sharing is caring.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

If you think at least 3 teams could beat them how would it be a massive upset??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad