Confirmed Trade: [DET/NYI] Dmytro Timashov for future considerations

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
What was the highest value of a " future consideration "
In the deal that sent Theo Fleury to the Avalanche as a rental, the future considerations ended up being Regehr and the 2nd rounder used to pick Stoll. Other than that, probably one of the deals Vegas made to take/not take a certain player in the expansion draft.

Anyway, Timashov likely won't be anything more than a fringe player, but he is a hard worker and can play physical, so he should fit in well with Trotz' coaching style. And I do like that he is youngish and may still have some offensive upside as a playmaker, even if I don't think he's likely to ever actually put that part together.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

mcityguy1

Sep 27, 2017
He's such a weird player. He'd show flashes of top six skill, even had a physical side, but just never seemed able to translate that flash into production.

He's the type of guy who could equally end up scoring 20 goals in the league or being sent to the AHL for the entire season.
How many games did he play for the wings to show?

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
A player for a potential taxi squad spot?

Can Red Wing or Leaf fans give a short scouting report?

He’s pretty unmemorable. Despite following the Leafs and Marlies my first reaction was a kin to “Timashov?.. why is that name so familiar”

He’s a decent depth winger that will put up solid numbers in the minors and will be just good enough to get looks at the NHL when injuries occur. He’s a strong skater but lacks NHL finish. He does have the potential to be a decent play maker though and shows glimpses of elite vision from time to time. He may fit in as a third line skill player somewhere but doesn’t have the grit needed for a bottom six role on most teams.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
a few possibilities why.

depth? Body for taxi squad/reserve? Lou drafted him in TOR?

Technically was drafted a month prior to Lou joining the Leafs, but Lou would have seen him develop in the system.

Solid two way guy that works hard, kind of a jack of all trades. A bit of offense, a bit of tenacity, a bit of physicality.. Doesn't do anything spectacular though so he's dime a dozen in a sense. Not a big guy but solid and strong on his skates.

A good fit in the Isles system TBH. Could end up as a regular in a depth role. Don't see him having top 6 potential but with the right club he could compliment a third line. Likely a fourth liner/tweener/13th forward. Could easily end up just being a healthy scratch for a lot of the season.

Reactions: SI90

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
He's such a weird player. He'd show flashes of top six skill, even had a physical side, but just never seemed able to translate that flash into production.

He's the type of guy who could equally end up scoring 20 goals in the league or being sent to the AHL for the entire season.

I think he'd be hard-pressed to score 20 goals in the NHL, particularly since he'd need significant powerplay time and top 6 minutes to do so. He certainly is a polarizing player though, as you said, and his skill is obvious but rarely translates to finding the back of the net.

For those of you looking for a scouting report - this is a player who was highly touted as a playmaker with exceptional passing and vision in junior, who put up decent, not outstanding numbers in the AHL - though he was a key contributor in the Marlies' Calder Cup Championship. At the NHL level though we've only seen him in a 4th line role with offense-starved linemates. He's someone who's had to play at 110% every game in order to keep his head above water in the NHL and to keep his roster spot and there were some nights when I confused him with Trevor Moore, a similarly built energy player.

Here's a great example of the high-end skill scouts saw in junior: Nitro sneaks the puck back into the zone during a sloppy line change by the Oilers, draws three backcheckers' attention (including McDavid) and threads the needle to Gauthier on a perfect seam pass to increase the Leafs' lead. IF Nitro is able to put it all together then I'd hope to see more chances for him to show off this awesome playmaking ability. Realistically though, I just don't see him beating out enough guys to get that chance.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Even fringe NHL players are really good at hockey, example #5492.
Yup.

I grew up playing with Aaron Asham on my team every second year, and he honestly dominated at a level not see around my parts at the time. He would regularly have 5-8 point nights at the AAA Bantam level. He makes the NHL and has to earn his living as a scrapper and 4th line checking roll. Insane.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Yup.

I grew up playing with Aaron Asham on my team every second year, and he honestly dominated at a level not see around my parts at the time. He would regularly have 5-8 point nights at the AAA Bantam level. He makes the NHL and has to earn his living as a scrapper and 4th line checking roll. Insane.

A damn-good 4th liner, though, considering that he had a 15 year career playing with the best in the world! I'd call that a successful hockey career.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I like this player quite a bit. Was impressed with him with the Remparts. It seems he never truly had much of a chance in the NHL. I really hope he gets his chance this year. I wanted the habs to grab him but we've never taken the opportunity.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I think he'd be hard-pressed to score 20 goals in the NHL, particularly since he'd need significant powerplay time and top 6 minutes to do so. He certainly is a polarizing player though, as you said, and his skill is obvious but rarely translates to finding the back of the net.

For those of you looking for a scouting report - this is a player who was highly touted as a playmaker with exceptional passing and vision in junior, who put up decent, not outstanding numbers in the AHL - though he was a key contributor in the Marlies' Calder Cup Championship. At the NHL level though we've only seen him in a 4th line role with offense-starved linemates. He's someone who's had to play at 110% every game in order to keep his head above water in the NHL and to keep his roster spot and there were some nights when I confused him with Trevor Moore, a similarly built energy player.

Here's a great example of the high-end skill scouts saw in junior: Nitro sneaks the puck back into the zone during a sloppy line change by the Oilers, draws three backcheckers' attention (including McDavid) and threads the needle to Gauthier on a perfect seam pass to increase the Leafs' lead. IF Nitro is able to put it all together then I'd hope to see more chances for him to show off this awesome playmaking ability. Realistically though, I just don't see him beating out enough guys to get that chance.

All he has to do is beat Dal Colle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad