Confirmed Trade: [DET/NYI] Dmytro Timashov for future considerations

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
All he has to do is beat Dal Colle.

Dal Colle's probably not direct competition for him. If he's ever going to have any legitimate shot at being a contributor at the NHL level, he probably should be in a team's top six. He's not really built for the bottom six, particularly with how Trotz tends to deploy his bottom six.

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
I think he'd be hard-pressed to score 20 goals in the NHL, particularly since he'd need significant powerplay time and top 6 minutes to do so. He certainly is a polarizing player though, as you said, and his skill is obvious but rarely translates to finding the back of the net.

For those of you looking for a scouting report - this is a player who was highly touted as a playmaker with exceptional passing and vision in junior, who put up decent, not outstanding numbers in the AHL - though he was a key contributor in the Marlies' Calder Cup Championship. At the NHL level though we've only seen him in a 4th line role with offense-starved linemates. He's someone who's had to play at 110% every game in order to keep his head above water in the NHL and to keep his roster spot and there were some nights when I confused him with Trevor Moore, a similarly built energy player.

Here's a great example of the high-end skill scouts saw in junior: Nitro sneaks the puck back into the zone during a sloppy line change by the Oilers, draws three backcheckers' attention (including McDavid) and threads the needle to Gauthier on a perfect seam pass to increase the Leafs' lead. IF Nitro is able to put it all together then I'd hope to see more chances for him to show off this awesome playmaking ability. Realistically though, I just don't see him beating out enough guys to get that chance.

thanks for the video . He looked like Josh Ho Sang out there .

Reactions: Primary Assist

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Dal Colle's probably not direct competition for him. If he's ever going to have any legitimate shot at being a contributor at the NHL level, he probably should be in a team's top six. He's not really built for the bottom six, particularly with how Trotz tends to deploy his bottom six.
A guy who cannot get off a shot will not end up in the top six.

Reactions: 12Dog

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I remember when playing in a pickup game with co-workers, one of the people was friends with Mike Duco, and the guy played one game with us. He was basically clowning with us as though we were all skating in slow motion and the puck was glued to his blade.

Same here when Ken Belanger played with us. The only person that could do anything was the goalie.

dfunk

Feb 1, 2012
I remember when playing in a pickup game with co-workers, one of the people was friends with Mike Duco, and the guy played one game with us. He was basically clowning with us as though we were all skating in slow motion and the puck was glued to his blade.

haha I like this. I played beer league with mark hartigan for a couple years. I lined up to a face off against him in his own end while we had a power play. He made a wink to his winger, and back hand slapped it off the draw onto the tape of the guy and there’s a shorty. He was a fringe nhler but was so much better than everyone it was scary

Reactions: Crosscrease14

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
When you say "built for" are you referring to his size? He's not a big guy, but he's built very comparably to Cizikas and is bigger than Pageau, and those are the two best players in the Isles' bottom 6. If you mean his style, his biggest plus is generally considered to be that he is a hard worker, so that seems like it'll fit into a Trotz bottom 6 as well.

jaster

Might be back on probation.
Jun 8, 2007
haha I like this. I played beer league with mark hartigan for a couple years. I lined up to a face off against him in his own end while we had a power play. He made a wink to his winger, and back hand slapped it off the draw onto the tape of the guy and there’s a shorty. He was a fringe nhler but was so much better than everyone it was scary

I never played against Mark Hartigan, but I did run into him and Carl Corazzini at a bar in Traverse City in 2007 during Wings training camp. I had just got out of the military and they bought me a beer. Cool dudes.

Played in a league with a few former ECHLers for a couple years in Wichita, KS, of all places. Rob Weingartner was on my team and he'd routinely put on a clinic. Set me up numerous times. Little guy with incredible skill in this A league. By far our leading scorer. Super nice dude just having a good time and not really showing any aggression at all. After playing with him for a while and striking up a friendship, I look him up on hockeydb to find out he wasn't even point-per-game in the Coast and actually was a prolific fighter who racked up (checking again).... 941 PIMs in 235 games LOL.

Reactions: dfunk

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Somehow this trade feels like there's some Tampa bodies soon moving to Detroit and Timashov was cleared out from their way.
For every dump /"casualty" DET gets, there'd better be a 1st+Good (not blue-chip) propect attached to each dump, at MINIMUM. For TJ/Gourde add an addl. good prospect+2nd also. Assuming Z's LTIR goes to TB.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
The Red Wings are going through a total rebuild. Yzerman must have really determined that Timashov has little/no future NHL value to cut bait on him now.

The only other thing is if Timashov made it clear he's never going to sign with the Wings or any NHL team.

hanshin44

Mar 17, 2017
The Red Wings are going through a total rebuild. Yzerman must have really determined that Timashov has little/no future NHL value to cut bait on him now.

The only other thing is if Timashov made it clear he's never going to sign with the Wings or any NHL team.
Yzerman doesn't want to deal with a headache. Got him on waivers. He's alright, but I frankly don't see this as making the Red Wings a worse team. Biggest issue with the Kenny Holland sunset years was an over focus on "win now" that saw prospects over baked in the AHL. Timashov is 24, I don't see him realistically breaking out anytime soon. He'd rather put someone else in Timashov's spot and save the small amount of cap room.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yzerman must have really determined that Timashov has little/no future NHL value to cut bait on him now.

Guy was the second worse in Corsi after Perlini and worst at xGF%. Even Abdelkader was better on both areas.

Playmaker, who couldn't make plays and without the puck couldn't win battles.

Think Timashov has a place in KHL.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Not much to see here.

Yzerman is giving up nothing, and Lou is hoping to make something out of nothing. That's all.

Reactions: Henkka

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
The Isles' farm team in Bridgeport struggled for offense so if he doesn't make the team as a 13th forward he can probably do a job there.
You think he will come over for the AHL?

Timashov has never had a one-way contract, and I doubt that the Red Wings would have given him one. I don't think he leaves home for minor-league pay.

I think there's a pretty good chance he stays in Russia, in which case the futures are zilch.

Lou is taking a shot that he can bring him over on favorable terms. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I'm confused. So just call up Stevey Y for free assets now or??
They have a lot of draft picks they probably want spots in their 50.

Plus it's good will towards players they dont need but might be useful somewhere else

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I think Tymashov will fit in like a glove with the Isle TBH.

Small but plays big, has good speed and decent skill... He is a perfect 4th liner.

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
You think he will come over for the AHL?

Timashov has never had a one-way contract, and I doubt that the Red Wings would have given him one. I don't think he leaves home for minor-league pay.

I think there's a pretty good chance he stays in Russia, in which case the futures are zilch.

Lou is taking a shot that he can bring him over on favorable terms. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Timashov is Ukrainian and Swedish. He's also played in North America for the past 5 years so I don't see why he would leave if he has a chance at a roster spot. Has he been playing in the KHL this season?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Timashov is Ukrainian and Swedish. He's also played in North America for the past 5 years so I don't see why he would leave if he has a chance at a roster spot. Has he been playing in the KHL this season?

He has not played hockey since March 11th 2020.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->