Proposal: DET - MIN

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
3rd round pick for one of the worst players in NFL. A dude whose not even playing good on a trash Detroit team.

Don't know why Detroit fan started this proposal thinking wild would trade menell, or that wild need a winger; wild don't much less a crappy player who wouldn't be playing

Good luck with that

Helm is one of the worst players in the NFL? Probably, seeing as he plays in the NHL! If you think he is playing bad, or one of the worst in the NHL, then you know nothing about the NHL. So maybe take critiquing to the NFL forum since you know so much about it.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Helm is one of the worst players in the NFL? Probably, seeing as he plays in the NHL! If you think he is playing bad, or one of the worst in the NHL, then you know nothing about the NHL. So maybe take critiquing to the NFL forum since you know so much about it.

Auto correct happens. Get over it.

You are lottery the most comical Detroit fan here considering every single person including your own fanbase has said he's an injury replacement guy, & is no longer more than depth guy.

Stop acting like he's good because he's not.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Auto correct happens. Get over it.

You are lottery the most comical Detroit fan here considering every single person including your own fanbase has said he's an injury replacement guy, & is no longer more than depth guy.

Stop acting like he's good because he's not.

Do you watch him play? No. So don't pretend he is bad, cause he isn't.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Will Brennan Menell EVER have a shift like this?

If it was 2013 and Minnesota needed a winger, I'd consider trading something that isn't Menell for him. At the moment Guerin seems content going into the playoffs with Victor Rask as his 1C, so... yeah, don't think we should be winger shopping right now.

Reactions: hidek91

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Do you watch him play? No. So don't pretend he is bad, cause he isn't.

According to you? When by all stat, & your own team fans many of them in here saying he's a 14th / 15th player

It's weird how you are trying to argue a guy playing 4th line on Detroit sometime, & at this being benched , it's mund numbing you are trying to argue he's good

Wildlife

Sep 16, 2009
Minnesota
Will Brennan Menell EVER have a shift like this?

Lol. "He had a good shift almost a decade ago. Therefore he's good now."

Just because he was good then doesn't mean he's good now. And I'm not just blindly demanding more because I'm a Minnesota fan. I'm not gonna pretend I have an in depth scouting report on him. I haven't watched many Red Wings games recently. But I know looking at his stats that he wasn't exactly been great. Maybe he's a fantastic 4th line winger, but that's the last thing the Wild need. And despite not being in the NHL yet, Menell shows promise. No way we give him up for a rental in a position we're already full in. We've made the mistake with paying too much for rentals before and Guerin has stated he's not making that mistake.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
At the very least? Wtf?
What has Veleno done post juniors? What leagues has he been really impressive in? Has he led all scorers at his position, like Menell has? Menell has done just about everything you want in both the AHL, and KHL. Doesn't mean he will be a good NHL'er, but he it's hard to argue he hasn't looked great in the two best leagues below the NHL.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I love that the thing many DET fans are defending Helm with is that he works hard... Doesn't mean a god damn thing if he doesn't improve our lineup, which he does not.

I understand wanting to move him for something, but this ain't it.

Reactions: KaprizovEntitlelist

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Right.

His cap hit at the deadline is what? $1.4M?
Wings could eat $700,000
Are you telling me Darren Helm at $700,000 is negative value.
You're telling me Darren Helm is not going to find an NHL job next year?

Yeah because dude wild don't need or want him. He wouldn't play on wild.

Imagine thinking a player who has 3 points in 25 games is good.

4th line winger, or winger at all is the last thing wild need

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
You can have Helm for a late pick, easy. Buuut Wings probably wouldn't retain, not really worth 1/3 retention slots.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You can have Helm for a late pick, easy. Buuut Wings probably wouldn't retain, not really worth 1/3 retention slots.

We just actually don't want him at all for anything tbh

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Yeah because dude wild don't need or want him. He wouldn't play on wild.

Imagine thinking a player who has 3 points in 25 games is good.

4th line winger, or winger at all is the last thing wild need

I'm not speaking to that.
I'm not saying the Wild need him. I don't know what the wild need. The Wild are a shit hockey team that I don't try to watch and haven't been even slightly interested in since Gaborik was there.

But if you're a team looking for a 3rd/4th liner who can skate, PK, and even line up at center, Helm is not a negative asset.

I'd take a 4th rounder for Helm.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I'm not saying the Wild need him. I don't know what the wild need. The Wild are a shit hockey team that I don't try to watch and haven't been even slightly interested in since Gaborik was there.

But if you're a team looking for a 3rd/4th liner who can skate, PK, and even line up at center, Helm is not a negative assett.

This is necessary and a super constructive comment. Good for you. (insert clown emoji)

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

But if you're a team looking for a 3rd/4th liner who can skate, PK, and even line up at center, Helm is not a negative asset.

Not a Red Wings fan throwing stones while in a glass house?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

We aren’t.

Reactions: HotDish

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020

A shit hockey team? What a Clown laughable troll comment.

Shows your lack of hockey IQ. You also support a trash ass Detroit team compared to wild who have been one of the top teams statistically especially win wise since returning from Corona

Lazy, & absolutely clown loser comment. Absolute joke. You support historically the worst team in NHL history with buffalo the past couple of years including this year

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
A shit hockey team? What a Clown laughable troll comment.

Shows your lack of hockey IQ. You also support a trash ass Detroit team compared to wild who have been one of the top teams statistically especially win wise since returning from Corona

Lazy, & absolutely clown loser comment. Absolute joke. You support historically the worst team in NHL history with buffalo the past couple of years including this year

Detroit's a shit hockey team and has been for awhile now.
It doesn't hurt my feelings to acknowledge that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad