Confirmed Trade: [DET/EDM] Mike Green (50% retained) for Kyle Brodziak + cond. 2020 4th round pick

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I thought both Mike Green & Kyle Brodziak retired after last season...

Mike Green will bring experience to the locker room thou (mental support), both regular and post season experience,
so in that way, a good pick up from EDM, but if they think he can help in any other way, like
actually playing well enough to make an impact...

DegeN9

Apr 24, 2017
Maybe theres a Manning + pick for Tyler Ennis about to happen ?

Anyway not sure what to think of the deal... of course Bear or Larsson won't sit so is Benning gonna sit ? I like Benning as the 6th defenseman...

Maybe they wanna dress 7 defenseman ? As our fourth line is barely playing.

I think the plan is to dress 7. Tippett mentioned wanting to dress 7 D when we called Bouchard up last week.

Reactions: LMFAO

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
For now I assume he replaces at least Lagesson. Long term I hope it doesn't mean anything bad re: Klefbom's injury.

Jones has been playing well but maybe Holland wants some insurance...

Would also point out that one of the conditions is games played so that makes me assume Holland isn't bringing him in to play every night.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I still don't understand how LTIR works.

LTIR only allows you to go over the cap by the amount the player on LTIR cap hit is . It doesn’t do a damn thing if you are under the cap . You can’t bank it . So for simple calculations if a player is making 8.2 million a year . He makes 100,000 a game . You can go over the cap by 100,000 a game but as soon as the player returns you must be at the cap . It makes it hard to use the space unless you are at the cap and the player is gone for the year .

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
LTIR only allows you to go over the cap by the amount the player on LTIR cap hit is . It doesn’t do a damn thing if you are under the cap . You can’t bank it . So for simple calculations if a player is making 8.2 million a year . He makes 100,000 a game . You can go over the cap by 100,000 a game but as soon as the player returns you must be at the cap . It makes it hard to use the space unless you are at the cap and the player is gone for the year .
I'm aware of this. It's far more complex mid-season when we're dealing with prorated salaries. It's also difficult to see who's being LTIRed in many cases.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Good little offence Dman.
Some of those underlying metrics jumped off the page for me. Like slot passes and zone exits, which he's actually quite good at.

It's important for Edmonton to really use him as intended though, he should be <18 minutes a night.

So his first pass is still decent?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Some of those underlying metrics jumped off the page for me. Like slot passes and zone exits, which he's actually quite good at.

It's important for Edmonton to really use him as intended though, he should be <18 minutes a night.
I mean Green wouldn't be displacing Bear or Larsson who play the heavy minutes on the right. He would be there most likely to split games with Benning or if Benning is moved, be our full time 3rd pairing guy. I think Green could excel with this minutes.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Low risk move by the Oilers. I dont think he has much left in him, but they gave up next to nothing for him.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019

The only defenceman we have who can make an outlet pass is Bear so I'm cool with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad