Confirmed Trade: [DET/EDM] Mike Green (50% retained) for Kyle Brodziak + cond. 2020 4th round pick

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
CO, you’re getting worked up over such a low buy asset.

He’s got an excellent shot and he can execute a breakout, he’s a decent passer. It’s a buy low 3rd pairing limited role PP insurance player.

Adding depth D men going into a playoff run is a smart move.

So either he’s a 7th defenceman or he’s a legit top four option that’s going to bump Klefbom off the powerplay. Sweet.

In isolation, the move makes no sense. You have to make the playoffs first and a 7th defenceman doesn’t help you do that. We’re in a dogfight and need reinforcements up front.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
This is basically a get something for nothing deal for Detroit. Both players involved are UFA, and Green is pretty much next to useless on our lineup, so getting a random pick for that is better than nothing.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
So either he’s a 7th defenceman or he’s a legit top four option that’s going to bump Klefbom off the powerplay. Sweet.

In isolation, the move makes no sense. You have to make the playoffs first and a 7th defenceman doesn’t help you do that. We’re in a dogfight and need reinforcements up front.

Why can’t he be a third pairing and second PP D man? And yes, I realize that our first unit generally plays the entire PP.

And if he doesn’t work out, so be it. It’s such a low risk move. He can be a #7 and sit in the press box or be insurance. Our D is decimated with injuries right now, going into the playoffs with 3 rookie D men (albeit all 3 have exceeded expectations) and no insurance plan isn’t smart. It’s a decent depth move.

I agree regarding forward help, we need to get McDavid a winger or two today as well.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why can’t he be a third pairing and second PP D man?

And if he doesn’t work out, so be it. It’s such a low risk move. He can be a #7 and sit in the press box or be insurance. Our D is decimated with injuries right now, going into the playoffs with 3 rookie D men (albeit all 3 have exceeded expectations) and no insurance plan isn’t smart. It’s a decent depth move.

I agree regarding forward help, we need to get McDavid a winger or two today as well.

Because who is he replacing?

it sure isn’t Bear.

He couldn’t play any differently than Larsson with a gun to his head.

Benning? I mean sure, I guess, but has Benning been bad enough that he needs replacing? I don’t think so. That’s why there has to be another shoe to drop.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

it sure isn’t Bear.

Benning? I mean sure, I guess, but has Benning been bad enough that he needs replacing? I don’t think so. That’s why there has to be another shoe to drop.

Alternatively (and hopefully this isn’t the case), either or both of Klefbom and Russell are injured worse than expected.

My initial reaction yesterday was precisely that.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why can’t he be a third pairing and second PP D man?

it sure isn’t Bear.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Alternatively (and hopefully this isn’t the case), either or both of Klefbom and Russell are injured worse than expected.

My initial reaction yesterday was precisely that.

pretty sure Russel is out for a while still. Who would you rather have in the lineup or as a #7 a solid NHL veteran or a raw rookie who hasn’t looked very good this year in Willy Legs.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Well , good to have depht if Russel is gone longer then expected and give us a pp alternative when Klefbomb is injured, Nurse is horrible in that position.

I dont think he can be worse then Benning in his own zone for 3rd pair 10 min a game.

Well worth a 4th rounder!

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
i really think greens super toasty and nobody wanted him , and was actually a part of the aa trade making the aa trade actually 2 seconds and a conditional 4th . and for now green can fill in for injured oilers so it dont hurt the oil taking him on . but if no aa trade green might have got a 7th or nothing . im guessing greens ailment the past few years drained his motor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad