Dermott Vs Carlo

Dermott Vs Carlo

• Dermott

• Carlo

Results are only viewable after voting.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
IMO too soon to make a decision on this yet.

Carlo looks more defensively minded, similar to a Tanev, where Dermott is more dynamic on both ends of the ice.

Both need more time in prominent roles before you can decide where they rank

Reactions: cgf

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Carlo is better defensively. But Dermott has been very impressive in that regard, and it's obviously no question who is better offensively. I'm sticking with Dermott, but it could still go either way.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Carlo is more in the Lindholm/Manson/Pesce mode, and Dermott is more of a Giordano d-man. It's a odd comparison, Carlo has more pedigree (in terms of NHL games under his belt) right now but Dermott has looked very good over his stint and was dominant (not just good) at the AHL level. Could go either way down the line.

I should say though, a point echoed by pro scouts, that Dermott is as much of a developed prospect as any. Keefe did a great job with him in the Marlies.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
This would have been Carlo by a mile last year, but Dermott has been the better player this year (since the call up at least)

8pts in 18 games and a +7 playing with Carrick/Holl/Polak. leafs have lost about 4 of those games.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Carlo. Big shutdown RHD are a lot harder to come by than smaller offensive LHD
215 lbs is smaller? Interesting.

... and offensive d man? He’s not, at all.

Well done though, exposing the fact you have absolutely no idea about Travis Dermott.

Either is a fair choice - I’ll always favor the dynamic skater with high IQ and all situations potential. Carlo has a pretty limited offensive upside. Theoretically, they’d make a great pair.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
too early to say. you pick Carlo now but only by default. dermott has been amazing lately but we need to see much more before we can say anything.

I decline voting

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
i'll take the guy' who's already a top4 D on the best defensive team in the league (Carlo)

Dermott will obviously get over-hyped(Leaf effect)

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2003
KW
I think it's a great poll considering how close they were drafted. Carlo was the guy I wanted us to take, even at 24 before the move downs, but especially after the move downs. It's lookin pretty close right now. Too bad we didn't find a way to take them both.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
With that said, Dermott is actually heavier than Carlo, and a noted gym rat :)
Thats fair. He is stocky. But when its all said and done, Carlo will probably be heavier, he is still lanky, but he won't when he is a 28 year old man.

I think people misinterpreted me when I said he is smaller. Overall he is not small, just smaller than Carlo. Probably should have worded that differently.

Jan 21, 2018
how is this even a poll, Carlo no question.

now Dermott does have higher upside mainly due to his superior offensive skill, but as of right now you could probably get 2 or 3 dermotts for the price of carlo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad