Player Discussion Derek Stepan: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Averages are a tricky beast. If there's a room of 100 people, and 50 of them are 100 and 50 of them are 0, the average age of that room of people is 50. But it's not like it's an accurate representation of the age of that room. A 50 year old may feel very out of place in this room.

Rather than average it out, why not just post how many games Nash has actually played in? It's not like it's that many numbers to dig into.

I did. And listed the injury reports too.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
I just don't see the urgency in moving out Stepan. Even in a down year, he's good for 55+ pts and responsible defensive play. He's a top 20-25 Center, give or take, and his game isn't predicated on athleticism that will cause him to massively drop off by age 30. He has the type of game that is built to last into his 30s, and he's only under contract until he's 31.

With that said, if a deal comes along that gets us a younger Center with a higher ceiling than Stepan, I'd do it. If a deal involving Stepan get us an elite, first pairing RD, count me in. Barring that, I'm not giving him away just to shake things up.

I'd just as soon trade McDonagh as Stepan, I mean, who on this team ISN'T available for a younger, potentially better option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad