Injury Report: Derek Stepan (DTD) Will not play against Boston

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@AGrossRecord: AV says Cam Talbot will start Thursday night against the Bruins.”

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
“@AGrossRecord: So #NYR lines sans Stepan: Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello Kreider-Miller-St. Louis Hagelin-DMoore-Stempniak Glass-Hayes-Fastâ€

That's just dumb...

Move 2/3s of the 3rd and 4th lines up/down a line so that our 4th line can hardly play... sounds good to me

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I can't wait to watch Glass make Hayes and Fast useless. Like he does everyone else.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
All signs would point to that happening.

Even knowing it ahead of time won't make it any less infuriating to watch.

hopefully it's the last we see of Glass. If he plays like **** again and the 4th line suffers, we know it will be because Glass is in... Unfortunately, I can see AV pinning it on the fact that Stepan is OUT, not that Glass is IN... Such infallible logic.

We're going to end up reverting to a 3 line team every time Glass is in. That's just the long and short of it. I wish Lindberg would get a call up

Stepan going on the trip is very good news though. Probably just a bad bruise

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
hopefully it's the last we see of Glass. If he plays like **** again and the 4th line suffers, we know it will be because Glass is in... Unfortunately, I can see AV pinning it on the fact that Stepan is OUT, not that Glass is IN... Such infallible logic.

We're going to end up reverting to a 3 line team every time Glass is in. That's just the long and short of it. I wish Lindberg would get a call up

Stepan going on the trip is very good news though. Probably just a bad bruise

4th line will suck and AV will blame Fast for it

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
Also the fact that he took a slash from Matt Martin, and when he got to the bench he was seen shaking his forearm/wrist/hand area.

I was at the game so I didn't see what caused the injury...but yes, that would also be another indicator that it's possibly his hand/wrist haha

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
images

how good would this guy look in red white and blue right now...

:shakehead

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He got twisted around pretty good on a hit in the first IIRC and Joe even mentioned that the trainers were working on his back.

Good chance he tweaked something and it stiffened up on him during the game. I wouldn't play him tomorrow or friday against two heavy teams that like to throw the body but Glass against a hot Boston team is LOL.

NYRangerFan*

Somebody better knock the **** out of Tavares next time. A clean, solid hit to let him know we are there.

Talbot in, Glass in, could be a recipe for a loss :(

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
perfect scenario for av to play his favorite ranger. tanner glass will play.

he adds (supposedly) toughness, size, snarl and the ability to throw em. of course, this is only in av's head.

in my head, he's a black hole of awfulness.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
I HATE when Stepan is out. We have so much less creativity on the power play due to the lack of a competent right handed shooting forward. Welcome back to the Flower Play until he comes back.

Not to mention his excellent defensive play and PK'ing.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
And this is why Glass needs to be removed from this roster. One injury, and he's right back in there.

Luckily, Stepan should only miss this game, maybe another one at most.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I can't wait to watch Glass make Hayes and Fast useless. Like he does everyone else.

Probably right. Just means that instead of a four line team, we are probably a three line team until Glass comes out of the lineup. Those three lines have to step up and produce the offense. Maybe Tanner Glass surprises everyone. You never know.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
perfect scenario for av to play his favorite ranger. tanner glass will play.

he adds (supposedly) toughness, size, snarl and the ability to throw em. of course, this is only in av's head.

in my head, he's a black hole of awfulness.

He hasn't played him in a while, the whole "favorite player" thing is a little silly.

They need a better extra skater for sure but playing your thirteenth guy when one of your twelve has an injury isn't some freak av thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad