Derek Roy: The one where we talk about players who aren't Derek Roy

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
That line of Higgins-Roy-Kesler looked good tonight, but what to do with the 3rd line? Are we content with having Ebbett as a 4th line center?

(in before the "AV says yes" remarks :sarcasm:)
I am perfectly fine with Ebbett as 4th line center. He's not terrible defensively or offensively and can play in PK which is good enough.

I just hope we can see 2011 playoff Lappy like tonight and Ramond-Lappy-Hansen line will be very good as a third line.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
That line of Higgins-Roy-Kesler looked good tonight, but what to do with the 3rd line? Are we content with having Ebbett as a 4th line center?

(in before the "AV says yes" remarks :sarcasm:)

Get Ebbett off the roster. Call up Schroeder and be done with it.

mrbitterguy

Sep 24, 2010
san francisco
man i love roy's game. best non-sedin passer on the team and so smart on defense, both in his zone and on the forecheck. he makes more intuitive interceptions of passes than anyone else. he's small but wins board battles and you don't see him being abused out there like the other undersized centers the canucks have used over the last few years.

i sincerely hope the canucks do whatever they can to resign him long term. anyone that can move kesler to the wing is someone very useful to have on the roster going forward because that creates so many lineup options.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I feel like Roy is like some stray dog we found outside in our yard.

"Can we keep him? Huh, huh? Pleeeeaseeeee, can we keep him? We'll feed him and walk him and play with him all the time!"

fHM3Lhn.png

Sometimes I wonder about my own sanity.

Big Naissak

4 8 15 16 23 42
Mar 28, 2012
Edmonton, Canucks.
Well it's not my fault someone messed all over his 324209384 mattresses.

I promise next time he has I'll make sure to take the beer bottles to the recycling depot instead of leaving them strewn about.

Yes I am sure that's the reason for the mess.

Anyways, I always get scared when I see a little guy out there thinking it's Ebbet. Then I see the little guy deke someone out and make a first world pass and I breathe a sigh of relief to find out its our messiah out there instead.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

"Can we keep him? Huh, huh? Pleeeeaseeeee, can we keep him? We'll feed him and walk him and play with him all the time!"

fHM3Lhn.png

:laugh:

Patchey*

fHM3Lhn.png

I hope Derek Roy doesn't see this :laugh:

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
all the love that Roy is getting here is a true reflection of how badly this organization has needed a playmaking center (or a playmaking forward for that matter) behind Henrik.

I don't even see Roy returning next season. He's going to cash in, despite the drop in cap next year, given the few top-6 playmaking centers available. We're likely going to replace him with some bought-out player who'll sign a cheap 1-yr deal.. or hopefully Schroeder will be ready to step up and take over that role.

Big Naissak

4 8 15 16 23 42
Mar 28, 2012
Edmonton, Canucks.
all the love that Roy is getting here is a true reflection of how badly this organization has needed a playmaking center (or a playmaking forward for that matter) behind Henrik.

I don't even see Roy returning next season. He's going to cash in, despite the drop in cap next year, given the few top-6 playmaking centers available. We're likely going to replace him with some bought-out player who'll sign a cheap 1-yr deal.. or hopefully Schroeder will be ready to step up and take over that role.

Definitely. He doesn't want to be a third liner on this team unless we win the cup, he could go to some nice warm city playing top minutes while earning 7 million dollars a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad