Player Discussion Derek Forbort

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Forbort is playing the his best as a Bruin these days. Top notch PK defenseman. Keeping Cliffy with him has definitely help each others game. About as good of a 3rd pair as we have had in a while.
reminds me a ton of Quaider in the sense that he does nothing spectacularly but most things well, super steady and as you alluded to, terrific 5/6 D man, while sometimes its simple luck a puck hits you and is counted as a block, most of the time, you have to put yourself into a position to block a shot which he does time and time again

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Forbort is playing the his best as a Bruin these days. Top notch PK defenseman. Keeping Cliffy with him has definitely help each others game. About as good of a 3rd pair as we have had in a while.
I mean Grezclyk-Miller was pretty darn good. If Clifton can keep playing his best hockey, I could see this pair as being as good. I don't really believe we will continue to get Good Cliffy all year. To be fair back in the Grezclyk-Miller days we were worried whether Miller would hold up with his style of play and injury history and the same worry with Gryz mostly due to size.

So it will be interesting. I still feel like Zboril at his best should be better then Clifton at his best. I don't know if we find out this year. I think Zboril would need to prove it before McAvoy gets back if he wants a spot.

Reactions: Kegs and PlayMakers

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
reminds me a ton of Quaider in the sense that he does nothing spectacularly but most things well, super steady and as you alluded to, terrific 5/6 D man, while sometimes its simple luck a puck hits you and is counted as a block, most of the time, you have to put yourself into a position to block a shot which he does time and time again
Definitely been giving me some Quaider vibes this year as well, not in fighting of course, but in what he brings in his own zone. His dog, a basset hound, is very fitting for him. Not the fastest dog out there. Doesn't do a lot of cute tricks. Intense loyalty to the pack. Doesn't look intimidating, but can get the job done if need be. Downright loveable for some reason despite not being the flashiest breed.

Reactions: StrBender and BMC

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
y'all have seen his league leading and been like "serviceable but flawed," but at least the "trade Forbort now" has slowed down. so... where's the misspelling his name with "get a third-round pick for him before he regresses to being worth a fourth" over in the Fantussy thread now? eye test recalibration charts are available. dude has had an amazingly effective first fifth of this season. stop kicking a gift horse in the nuts from behind or whatever.

Are you ok

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Lauko thread gets another reprieve while the low-minute asterisk remains by his rating. one more batch goes here with this star player. thanks for the support.

MAR 95 - ZAC 105 - PAS 119
van 94 - COY 84 - FRE 91
HEI 101 - POI 84 - DeB 104
LAU 1* - BEE 53 - STE 83*
LOH 54 - McA 101
LIN 89 - CAR 104
FOR 123 - MIT 108
ULL 94
SWA 96

GEE 98 - BOQ 70* - LUC 52* - BRO 42*
GRZ 83 - WOT 69* - SHA 56
If your model has Derek Forbort as the best player on the Bruins this season, you need to bring it back to the garage for some repairs.

Reactions: TD Charlie

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
the player discussion thread bumper is back to this star's space, bringing another update of in-season player effectiveness ratings for the friends.

MAR 85 - COY 90 - PAS 89
van 81 - ZAC 78 - DeB 96
LAU 64 - GEE 90 - FRE 99
HEI 98 - BOQ 104 - STE 68
GRZ 82 - McA 95
LIN 90 - CAR 102
FOR 105 - SHA 60
SWA 92
ULL 86

MER 97* - POI 81 - BRO 56* - BEE 51 - LUC 46*
MIT 101 - WOT 83 - LOH 61
BUS *

I never know what these numbers mean and they're still the funniest f***ing thing in the world.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I certainly didn't think his recent play was raising his rating, yet here I am doing that thing right here.

MAR 87 - COY 91 - PAS 98
FRE 96 - ZAC 85 - DeB 91
van 90 - GEE 89 - RIC 70*
HEI 88 - BOQ 104 - STE 67
GRZ 77 - McA 97
LIN 96 - CAR 104
FOR 107 - SHA 62
SWA 91
ULL 88

MER 97* - POI 81 - LAU 59 - BEE 53 - LUC 46 * - BRO 33*
MIT 102 - WOT 79 - LOH 61
BUS *
At some point you’re going to realize your model is flawed if you have three of the four most effective Bruins for the season being Forbort, Boqvist, and Mitchell. But until then I guess we watch with amusement.

Reactions: NDiesel

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
not everybody gets used in the same way, so situational deployment can highlight guys being utilized nearly perfectly. the star players get more regular time and tend to get averaged more completely. compare BOQ 104 more with BEE 53 and less with MAR 87. compare FOR 107 more with SHA 62 and less with McA 97. certainly do still notice that the best low-liners peak above the top-line stars, but stop acting like it means that they hard-are better, to phrase Aucoin for the Gold.

Gonna need the Rosetta Stone to figure out what the f*** is going on here.

I love it so much.

• Haha
Reactions: NeelyDan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad