Player Discussion Derek Forbort

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I fear for the crow population in the greater Boston area...

But to echo everyone else here - so damn happy he's stepped up. He's made huge plays and is keeping it simple and heavy. Additionally pairing him with Reilly has helped Reilly jump into the play and create chances offensively (see play the led to a PP last game where DeBrusk got held)

Good stuff

Reactions: Ladyfan

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Meh most of our board's takes on guys this year have been way off, not just this guy. This one just might be the most funny because his contract is an absolute steal for the minutes he eats in the playoffs.
Yes i agree .Look at Zadorov another example.Flames GM got him for a 4th and he is an absolute beast out there.Wish Bruins had him.Guy is a tank.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
While he may be overpaid at 3 million per to play on your 3rd pair for what he brings, he can bring elements that this team does need to be successful.

He lacks game-to-game consistency. If he didn't he'd be playing higher up in the line-up.

Overall I don't see Forbort as a problem. To this team he's probably the most useful out of Gryz/Reilly/Forbort. You can define his role and he does it fairly well.

Unless he's in the pressbox over Gryz and Reilly. Then having 3 million in the pressbox is a problem.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
After seeing what he brought in the playoffs I will need to train myself to calm down when he continually asses up in the regular season. Much can be forgiven of a player if they are a playoff warrior.

Reactions: Ladyfan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
MVP of our playoffs imo

Now granted you probably aren’t going to win the series if a penalty killer/shot blocker is your best player in it but they pushed it to 7 partially due to the performances from Forbort

Reactions: TCB and Ladyfan

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Forbort and Clifton really did yeoman's work in this series. They were HEAVILY leaned on for Dzone starts (almost 70%).

Forbort (and Carlo) make some horrible decisions with the puck and it drives me crazy when there's an easy clear to be made and they waste it and end up defending for twice as long. But overall Forbort-Clifton didn't get scored on a ton 5on5 despite Cassidy putting such a heavy burden on them defensively. Forbort had 4 goals against, Clifton 3.

Clifton, in particular elevated (again), and was one of only 2 defensemen who were on the ice for more 5on5 goals for than allowed (4 GF, 3 GA). Clifton also had the 2nd best shots against per 60 on the team, just slightly behind Lindholm and slightly ahead of Grzelcyk (and both of those guys started most of their shifts in the offensive zone).

Hopefully being a regular in the playoffs will finally give Clifton the confidence to put together a solid 82 game season next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad