Player Discussion Derek Forbort

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
He’s over paid but if he players like this I can live with it. Carlo at 4.1. No way no how

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Eats pucks and minutes.
And that is appreciated by teammates and coaches. Monty has already given him props in postgame comments. Sitting near the bench we see him get stick taps and helmet pats after every shift. Noticed last night that he had a quiet Chara-like moment during a PK, after being out for extended shift, he was waved to the bench, just gave slight head shake “no” and skated back to the next face off….warrior💛🖤

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The thing is, people act like he’s elevating his game so much more than last year which I’m not sure is even true.

Not saying he hasn’t had his bad games, like most players. But he’s as consistent as one could ever expect a mid tier stay at home defenseman to be. Both last year and so far this year.

His effort on the PK is Chara like.

I think he’s a guy that you notice when he screws up, but don’t while he does everything right 99% of the rest of the time.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
He’s over paid but if he players like this I can live with it. Carlo at 4.1. No way no how
I think hes paid about right considering its a UFA signing in his prime. You want to pay for a third liner UFA age 28 you 100% are going to get a third liner with zero upside. We paid more and got a better player.

I thought the contract was 1 year too long because bigger guys who don't skate the best do fall off cliffs in their late 20s early 30s think Ryan Whitney I think he was a 50 point D man that was out of the NHL age 29. But with Carlo getting himself injured 2nd game of the year I am happy we have Forbort no complaints here.

1 of Reilly or Gryz needs to go but thats not really that urgent.

If Carlo spends the year on LTIR we can use that savings to absorb Bergeron and Krejci's bonuses correct?

Reactions: Ladyfan

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I think hes paid about right considering its a UFA signing in his prime. You want to pay for a third liner UFA age 28 you 100% are going to get a third liner with zero upside. We paid more and got a better player.

I thought the contract was 1 year too long because bigger guys who don't skate the best do fall off cliffs in their late 20s early 30s think Ryan Whitney I think he was a 50 point D man that was out of the NHL age 29. But with Carlo getting himself injured 2nd game of the year I am happy we have Forbort no complaints here.

1 of Reilly or Gryz needs to go but thats not really that urgent.

If Carlo spends the year on LTIR we can use that savings to absorb Bergeron and Krejci's bonuses correct?
Reilly gone for me

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
He needs a nickname. He has the most famous Bassett hound since Flash, so he can be Rosco. We need a new "sheriff" :laugh:

db2e6ce3d632156d4beef6cb8bbff33d.jpg
20221023_230657.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm glad to see Forbort getting some love in this thread. I watched him & Nosek closely Saturday.

Forbort isn't a star, he's a role player. His role to PK, block shots & keep opponents away from Linus & Sway. He does this very well and deserves every bit of praise he gets from his teammates & coaches, what he does is very important to the team's success. Sure I'd love for him to get a few goals but that's icing on the cake. I've never understood all the shit he's taken on this board and seeing him play live makes me wonder even more about it. Is it his contract? Don't blame him for that, blame the GM.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The thing is, people act like he’s elevating his game so much more than last year which I’m not sure is even true.

Not saying he hasn’t had his bad games, like most players. But he’s as consistent as one could ever expect a mid tier stay at home defenseman to be. Both last year and so far this year.

His effort on the PK is Chara like.

I think he’s a guy that you notice when he screws up, but don’t while he does everything right 99% of the rest of the time.

Yeah. Carlo going down right off the bat with another head injury I think has people no longer questioning Forbort.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I'm glad to see Forbort getting some love in this thread. I watched him & Nosek closely Saturday.

Forbort isn't a star, he's a role player. His role to PK, block shots & keep opponents away from Linus & Sway. He does this very well and deserves every bit of praise he gets from his teammates & coaches, what he does is very important to the team's success. Sure I'd love for him to get a few goals but that's icing on the cake. I've never understood all the shit he's taken on this board and seeing him play live makes me wonder even more about it. Is it his contract? Don't blame him for that, blame the GM.
I think the general consensus, especially after the his play down the stretch and in the playoffs, among fans is that they like the guy and think he is on a fair contract for what he brings.

Reactions: BMC and HustleB

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky

There seems to be a lack of understanding when it about D men . The job is not winger flashy and a lot of what they do goes unnoticed by the score goals offensive D crowd . The coach and players rank players like Forbort very highly

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I think the new breakout scheme is really helping Forbort.

Cassidy had wingers flying out of the zone, and he asked the D to hit them with stretch passes. Monty has more short pass options inside the blue line.

He still turns it over, he turned it over right before that great hit in the DET game, but it's happening a lot less now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad