Confirmed with Link: Derek Forbort - 3 yrs @ 3 Mil AAA

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Hey he could be a good pickup but honestly any time I see “character guy” I just automatically translate it to “not actually good at hockey but can give a good locker room speech.”

Reactions: KrejciMVP

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yup

They are fine ok decent but McCabe is Seidenberg like to me

Forbort is fine Reilly is fine I don’t want 5 fines & McAvoy

It's time for this franchise to put a moratorium on acquiring guys named Jake/Jacob/Jakub. They've tried corner the market on Jakes over the past few decades and quite frankly it hasn't worked out.

Reactions: Kegs

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
If this is the only addition they make (beyond re-signing Reilly) they've essentially swapped Lauzon for Forbort. That's not nearly good enough to make a real improvement. Like not even close.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The problem isn't Forbort. He fills a need especially with Lauzon and Miller gone. The problem is it's JUST Forbort and noone else. We have 10 mil on 3rd pair Dman now, yet have watched our team get smoked in their own end for years.

Give it a rest. The Bruins won the Jennings trophy the last time there was a full NHL season by a mile. They were fifth best last year with a stupid amount of injuries.

Their only problem has been Tuukka and injuries.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Forbert 3 years 3 M
Beleskey 5 at 3.9 M

Different positionally

It's more about the feeling this is a half assed solution to replace a presence in the Bruins line up long gone. With Beleskey, he was trying to replace Lucic and Thornton. Forbort feels like the Bruins are trying to have a pseudo Chara replacement.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Are we sure the Bruins signed Forbort to be a third paring defenseman?

Last 3 season average time on ice:

5vs5
  • Forbort - 17:30
  • Mike Reilly - 15:49
  • Matt Grzelcyk - 15:26

Powerplay
  • Matt Grzelcyk - 1:51
  • Mike Reilly - 1:25
  • Derek Forbort - 0:06

Penalty Kill
  • Derek Forbort - 2:20
  • Mike Reilly - 0:52
  • Matt Grzelcyk - 0:47

Total
  • Derek Forbort - 20:22
  • Matt Grzelcyk - 18:50
  • Mike Reilly - 18:42
Forbort probably slots better as a third pair guy. But he has probably played more first pair minutes in his career than all of the Bruins D. He was Doughty's partner in LA. And in Winnipeg last year, most fans had Josh Morrisey as their 1D slot, but the actual pairing of Forbort Pionk got all of the tougher assignments throughout the year as Morrisey did not play well. In Calgary, he was strictly third pair. He has always been on 1PK, by all 3 teams.

Reactions: GloveSave1

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It's more about the feeling this is a half assed solution to replace a presence in the Bruins line up long gone. With Beleskey, he was trying to replace Lucic and Thornton. Forbort feels like the Bruins are trying to have a pseudo Chara replacement.
Maybe I think it’s just getting a good defender to play third pair

The left side isn’t sexy but it’s solid

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Forbort probably slots better as a third pair guy. But he has probably played more first pair minutes in his career than all of the Bruins D. He was Doughty's partner in LA. And in Winnipeg last year, most fans had Josh Morrisey as their 1D slot, but the actual pairing of Forbort Pionk got all of the tougher assignments throughout the year as Morrisey did not play well. In Calgary, he was strictly third pair. He has always been on 1PK, by all 3 teams.
Thanks

I texted a buddy who knows his game - he’s a strong defender anf high end PK

excellent

I watched him a lot in Manchester but not much at all since

well I feel better after reading you, Kirk, and reaching out to my buddy

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Wow bruins fans aren’t happy. This guy is pk machine who eats minutes. Played top four minutes. He is big too. Basically everything the bruins needed on the back end. Fans still complaining lol. I one guy even complained about the bruins in their own end. When the reality is the bruins have one of the lowest GAA in the league year after year. I’m not buying what you are all selling. This is a good addition.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Wow bruins fans aren’t happy. This guy is pk machine who eats minutes. Played top four minutes. He is big too. Basically everything the bruins needed on the back end. Fans still complaining lol. I one guy even complained about the bruins in their own end. When the reality is the bruins have one of the lowest GAA in the league year after year. I’m not buying what you are all selling. This is a good addition.
Exactly. He's a left sided Brandon Carlo, without the concussion issues......and for $1mil less AAV.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
An absolute, unequivocal, must-signing. We can debate the money and the ceiling but his skill set wasn’t a want it was a need.

Bringing Reilly back, with Clifton, with Gryz, with Vaak….

A guy like this who can do the dirty work…block shots…PK…

They couldn’t even function without it, they were so stocked with puck movers.

Okay, now where the depth when Carlo and or Forbort get hurt? I like Tinordi, but I’d be happier if they move Clifton and bring in another dirty work D. Vaak and Zboril can be the depth after that.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Okay, now where the depth when Carlo and or Forbort get hurt? I like Tinordi, but I’d be happier if they move Clifton and bring in another dirty work D. Vaak and Zboril can be the depth after that.
I don't know why you are lumping Forbort in with Carlo from an injury perspective...

With the exception of the 2019-20 season, he's been a very durable player...

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Thanks

I texted a buddy who knows his game - he’s a strong defender anf high end PK

excellent

I watched him a lot in Manchester but not much at all since

well I feel better after reading you, Kirk, and reaching out to my buddy
I should add that a few years back in LA, the Kings had the number 1 PK in the league, and Forbort was on the top PK unit with Doughty.

SyZyGY

Jun 13, 2021
Feels more like a replacement for Kevan Miller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad