Confirmed with Link: Derek Forbort - 3 yrs @ 3 Mil AAA

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
This is horrible. Even if he plays well, it isn’t really worth it. You’d think you would rather take a chance with one of the kids and their mistakes and save the money for someone of more impact.
"even if he plays well, it isn't worth it" perfectly sums up how impossible it is to please people here. it should be the banner at the top of this forum

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Just as an opposing perspective: Reilly was universally panned by the Senators board and they thought they won that trade to us by a mile.

Fair enough, I guess I'll be optimistic until I see him on the ice.

If he can be as defensive as some of the posters say here, then it'll be worth it. We really needed a shutdown dman last year on that left side.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
More than any other position, a defenseman's value is related to their role and system.

I won't pretend to say that I know this kid will be good, bad or ugly, but he's not coming here to be Paul Coffey, circa 1987 --- he's here to fill a hole on the PK with Lauzon and Miller gone.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
This seems like John Moore 2.0. Not the worst signing in hockey history, but not exactly great either. I think this really says all what Sweeney thinks of Vaakanainen/Zboril. They now have 4 NHL vets on left side signed for long term.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
To be honest, I don't hate the Forbort signing in a vacuum. However, I hate the fact that it means the Bruins aren't getting a real upgrade on defence which is what they need- they are moving chairs around.

The fact that any of us thought that Sweeney was going to pull off a blockbuster trade shows how much in denial we all are.

Rielly was resigned the writing was on the wall. Short of a few small additions, Sweeney was putting the band back together.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Forbort at least has some size and beef to him but Sweeney is going into the season with the lhd situation being Gryz, Reilly and Forbort :confused: There's non playoff teams with better groups and a supposed to be cup contender is rolling that out

Reactions: missingchicklet

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
The fact that any of us thought that Sweeney was going to pull off a blockbuster trade shows how much in denial we all are.

Rielly was resigned the writing was on the wall. Short of a few small additions, Sweeney was putting the band back together.
I didn't think he would, has hasn't made an off-season trade for a roster player since Jimmy Hayes :laugh::(

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
To be honest, I don't hate the Forbort signing in a vacuum. However, I hate the fact that it means the Bruins aren't getting a real upgrade on defence which is what they need- they are moving chairs around.
This. Unless Gryzlyk is moved out for an upgrade to the LD one spot, adding Forbort alone (I'm not counting re-signing our players as additions to the team), reeks of the the Smith move. It's not bad on it's own, but other things need to be lined up in order to make that make sense. Otherwise, if Forbort is the only addition, I'm worried.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
The problem isn't Forbort. He fills a need especially with Lauzon and Miller gone. The problem is it's JUST Forbort and noone else. We have 10 mil on 3rd pair Dman now, yet have watched our team get smoked in their own end for years.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
"even if he plays well, it isn't worth it" perfectly sums up how impossible it is to please people here. it should be the banner at the top of this forum
I care what I think

ecstatic Sweeney didn’t sign Coleman if it wasn’t similar to Smith

I already got indications this is freaking a nightmare waiting to happen - poor Calgary

as for Forbort I figured 3 at 3 like a Reilly but 3.5 for 3 I can live with

been watching him since Monarchs days late bloomer but i liked him yesterday

FinnBear

Feb 21, 2016
Marginal move for me.
Our D is currently bit of a mess and due to that both Forbort and Reilly will surely be used above of where and how they should be used. Hopefully they can perform but $6 mill on both of those seems like alot of cap space used that could be used on an addition that would help move needle upwards more.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The problem isn't Forbort. He fills a need especially with Lauzon and Miller gone. The problem is it's JUST Forbort and noone else. We have 10 mil on 3rd pair Dman now, yet have watched our team get smoked in their own end for years.
Dude seriously go watch the Washington series and first 3 games of Islanders then the last 3 games and tell me what changes

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This seems like John Moore 2.0. Not the worst signing in hockey history, but not exactly great either. I think this really says all what Sweeney thinks of Vaakanainen/Zboril. They now have 4 NHL vets on left side signed for long term.

I wouldn't count on Moore ever playing again. 60 games since Jan. 1 2019 says the likely-hood of him every being a full-time NHLer are remote.

Sweeney probably doesn't think much of Zboril or Vaak at this stage. For good reason, neither of them are any good.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What’s up with McCabe ?

Don’t sign Reilly or Forbort and get him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad