Depressed Hurricanes fan to join your playoff run.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
5xz3wf8.gif

The great nation of HFVancouver thanks you for your unwavering and loyal fanning.

That is beautiful.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Since the Hurricanes like to disappoint their fans on a yearly basis, we decided last year to start an annual draft where we would join other teams during the playoffs who are actually good at stickpuck. I was a free agent and decide to bring my services over to you.

Last year I joined the notorious L.A. Kings and they hit the jackpot and won an over-sized apple juice cup for winning at stickpuck. Me being here shall increase your chances of watching your team drink from the big cup.

So, greetings everyone! I look forward to being here for the time being :yo:

Great, another horrible signing by Benning... watch, WD will overplay this guy like there's no tomorrow, and this PTO will go from too much to WAY WAY too much. Term, too...

Sometimes I wonder what our management is thinking, but what can I say? We're in the play-offs... unlike last year.

Needless to say, we will support you, for you are now a Canuck :help:

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Are you Carolina guys going to fly up here for the riot if we lose in the finals? It's tradition!

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Are you Carolina guys going to fly up here for the riot if we lose in the finals? It's tradition!

no i already rioted in vancouver b4, i need to experience (p big word) a true riot so i jumped on the #habitant bandwagon #bandwagn.

i'll give oogie boogie (<- that rhymes btw) and wreckingcrew some tips tho. #true #grittyveteran #here #for #the #riot

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Why do you guys post so many hashtags? Is that... the thing, over on your side of HFBoards?

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Cackalacky! Git yo sef a ball a she crab soup, some bald peanuts and pull up a char, 'cuz we fixin to be here a spell.

Or - welcome, enjoy the stay.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
remember to raise your dalpes and praise him.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Praise Dalpe! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
no i already rioted in vancouver b4, i need to experience (p big word) a true riot so i jumped on the #habitant bandwagon #bandwagn.

i'll give oogie boogie (<- that rhymes btw) and wreckingcrew some tips tho. #true #grittyveteran #here #for #the #riot

Welcome fellow rioter. Please kindly remember to #praisedalpe. I hope you enjoy your stay in HFVan. :)

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Praise Dalpe! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Have you undergone the required Canucks board indoctrination yet?

Necessary lessons:

1. The Canucks lost. Who were the referees and linesmen. The league office doesn't want a Canucks win.

2. The Canucks won. The goalie should get the keys to the city.

The Canucks lost. The goalie is a bum and should be sat in favour of <name of backup here.>

3. The Canucks won.

Linden is the Father, Benning the Son, Desjardins the Ghost. I love what Benning is doing with this team.

The Canucks lost. Gillis sucked at drafting, Benning is overpaying with each signing, Desjardins should be playing <name> more <less?>.

4. All trade proposal should include one of Ryan Miller, Kevin Bieksa, Dan Hamhuis, Chris Higgins or Alex Burrows. Reasonably trade proposals would be something like:
Bieksa, Higgins and Burrows to Buffalo for Kane, 2015-1(1) and 2016-1, or

Virtanen, McCann and Hamhuis to Toronto for Kessel

Horvat and 2015-2 (which the Canucks don't have btw) to Columbus for David Clarkson

5. The Virtanen pick was a mistake, the pick should have been <pick one of Ritchie, Nylander, Ehlers>

6. Mike Gillis was the cause of all Canucks woes...

7. except those attributed to John Tortorella, who was hired by Mike Gillis ...

8. or Francesco Aquilini as representative of the Canucks' owners.

9. Canucks are not a contender and it is time to rebuild by trading all of the core-Sedins included-for draft picks.

10. Canuck media coverage is centred in Toronto, where nobody has seen a Canucks game nor knows what players are actually on the Canucks roster.

11. It's never the wrong time to inquire of rebuilding (tanking) teams like Toronto and Arizona whether they have any 30 year old plus 4th liners or 3rd pairing guys.

12. Canucks need to trade a goalie this summer of fall, the most likely be Markstrom for a 2nd round pick, Lack (who isn't good enough to start) for a 1st round pick, or Miller (either the Saviour or the below average aging injured goaltender) to Carolina for Lindholm and Faulk.

13. If you need a midnight pick-me-up, the Canucks have their very own pizza delivery man, at only $3.6 mill AAV. He's:

(a) an essential part of the Canucks going forward, their d-man leader in hits, high in blocked shots and has great potential going forward; or

(b) one of the two worst defensive defencemen in the NHL and only in the lineup because he was brought in by the current management team in the Kesler trade.

14. Brandon McMillan is a real good player. The Edmonton Oilers are a real good team. Jacob Markstrom is a real good goalie. Zack Kassian has been real good for us but needs to be more consistent. Benning has spoken to other general managers, bringing up Kassian in trade talks to guage the level of interest in him, but isn't and hasn't shopped him around for a trade.

Are we suitably depressed yet? Welcome!

Last edited:

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
Since the Hurricanes like to disappoint their fans on a yearly basis, we decided last year to start an annual draft where we would join other teams during the playoffs who are actually good at stickpuck. I was a free agent and decide to bring my services over to you.

Last year I joined the notorious L.A. Kings and they hit the jackpot and won an over-sized apple juice cup for winning at stickpuck. Me being here shall increase your chances of watching your team drink from the big cup.

So, greetings everyone! I look forward to being here for the time being :yo:

Welcome to the Darkside!!!

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Why? That moment represented the Edmonton Oilers not winning a Stanley Cup in the Internet age.

The rest of our lives are the better for it. I was a huuuuge Hurricane fan that spring.

It makes ME depressed because it represents the fact that the Hurricanes have more Stanley Cups than the Canucks :rant:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Hurricanes-Cup.jpg

Feel less depressed yet?

Let's put it this way. That was almost a decade ago, and the Canes have only made the playoffs once since then. Wouldn't trade that year in for the world, but the years that have followed have definitely done a job of depressing the fanbase. Actually, we're past depression and well into apathy at this point.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Let's put it this way. That was almost a decade ago, and the Canes have only made the playoffs once since then. Wouldn't trade that year in for the world, but the years that have followed have definitely done a job of depressing the fanbase. Actually, we're past depression and well into apathy at this point.

I think we've moved past apathy into comedy....finish 18-25 to never hit the playoffs and draft in the 6-13 range to always avoid the top draft talents...rinse & repeat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad