Depressed Hurricanes fan to join your playoff run.

GarryValkyrie

Mar 14, 2008
Vancouver
Since the Hurricanes like to disappoint their fans on a yearly basis, we decided last year to start an annual draft where we would join other teams during the playoffs who are actually good at stickpuck. I was a free agent and decide to bring my services over to you.

Last year I joined the notorious L.A. Kings and they hit the jackpot and won an over-sized apple juice cup for winning at stickpuck. Me being here shall increase your chances of watching your team drink from the big cup.

So, greetings everyone! I look forward to being here for the time being :yo:
Welcomed with open arms although I'd take a 2006 Stanley Cup as disappointment yearly:handclap:

cc

Feb 28, 2002
isn't joining the Canuck fan base the equivalent to joining the dark side?

feeding off the hate of others.

then we redirect the hate towards officials

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
isn't joining the Canuck fan base the equivalent to joining the dark side?

feeding off the hate of others.

then we redirect the hate towards officials

Canucks are the good guys though. Don't let the Sith fool you. (>‿◠)✌

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Hello all!! I, like Oogie Boogie, am a sad #hcanes fan who will be joining your bandwagon :yo::help: As such, I shall remain a bandwagon fan with your Canucks until you either A) Win the Stanley Cup, or B) get knocked out of the playoffs...after all, isn't that what bandwagon fans do? Disappear after the good times are over #bandwagon

Being from the south, we love our comfort food, so in honor, I have turned your roster into good ole' home cookin'...I don't know all of Vancouver's players terribly well or everyone's opinions of them, but here's my shot:
Mashed Potatoes - If you don't like the staple of mashed potatoes, you are #satin
Gravy - Gravy is yummy, and it makes your mashed potatoes that much better!
Biscuits - it's Bo time! Love biscuits alone, but honestly they belong with gravy...
Pot Pie - veteran staple of comfort foods, solid but rarely mind blowing
Hush Puppies - Hard to ever go wrong with this choice, but it's not a meal in itself, and can usually use some ketchup or BBQ sauce
Collard Greens - some people love them, some people hate them
Chicken & Waffles - WTF is this? Ohhh, that's actually not bad
Apple Pie - if you don't like Apple Pie then **** you (bonus if you get the racing reference)
Dumplings - rarely going to blow you away, but rarely a total disappointment
NC/Lexington BBQ - punch of vinegar, loved by locals, often hated by outsiders
Grits - pretty much filler, occasionally more
Fried Okra - hit and miss, kind of thing that's sometimes amazing but generally it's just...off...
Pickles - goes good as a side to almost anything, or eat them on their own, or fry them, doesn't matter they're still good
Pulled Pork - Needs sauce/dressing to really make it pop, but not too shabby even on its own
Iced Tea - Not for everyone, sometimes sweet sometimes bitter, if you don't love it you'll loathe it
Cornbread - underrated, but delicious when made right...mmmm sweet cornbread
Deviled Eggs - Can have a bit of a kick and taste quite good, but can make you downright sick at times...regardless you can't have a party without them
Chitlins - just the thought of it kinda makes you sick, but a few are inexplicably infatuated with the stuff
Coke - You only hate Coke if you're with Pepsi (Calgary Flames)
Crayfish/Crawdads - Good ones are a rare delicacy, the rest of the time they're pretty much disgusting

So based on the starting lineup on the opening page of the WCQF GM1 Pre-Game thread:
Mashed Potatoes - Gravy - Collard Greens
Pot Pie - Hush Puppies - Gravy
Chicken & Waffles - Apple Pie - Dumplings
NC/Lexington BBQ - Grits - Fried Okra

Pickles - Pulled Pork
Iced Tea - Cornbread
Deviled Eggs - Chitlins

Coke

Feel free to make suggestions, substitutions, or enhance descriptions...after all, bandwagon fans don't usually know $#^@ about their teams :shakehead

* All descriptions are based on the biased opinions of the user, but if you disagree you're probably wrong, just sayin...:sarcasm: #VCBCforStanley

Last edited:

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Hello all!! I, like Oogie Boogie, am a sad #hcanes fan who will be joining your bandwagon :yo::help: As such, I shall remain a bandwagon fan with your Canucks until you either A) Win the Stanley Cup, or B) get knocked out of the playoffs...after all, isn't that what bandwagon fans do? Disappear after the good times are over #bandwagon

Being from the south, we love our comfort food, so in honor, I have turned your roster into good ole' home cookin'...I don't know all of Vancouver's players terribly well or everyone's opinions of them, but here's my shot:
Mashed Potatoes - If you don't like the staple of mashed potatoes, you are #satin
Biscuits - it's Bo time! Love biscuits alone, but honestly they belong with gravy...
Hush Puppies - Hard to ever go wrong with this choice, but it's not a meal in itself, and can usually use some ketchup or BBQ sauce
Apple Pie - if you don't like Apple Pie then **** you (bonus if you get the racing reference)
Fried Okra - hit and miss, kind of thing that's sometimes amazing but generally it's just...off...
Pickles - goes good as a side to almost anything, or eat them on their own, or fry them, doesn't matter they're still good
Pulled Pork - Needs sauce/dressing to really make it pop, but not too shabby even on its own
Iced Tea - Not for everyone, sometimes sweet sometimes bitter, if you don't love it you'll loathe it
Deviled Eggs - Can have a bit of a kick and taste quite good, but can make you downright sick at times...regardless you can't have a party without them
Chitlins - just the thought of it kinda makes you sick, but a few are inexplicably infatuated with the stuff
Crayfish/Crawdads - Good ones are a rare delicacy, the rest of the time they're pretty much disgusting

So based on the starting lineup on the opening page of the WCQF GM1 Pre-Game thread:

Ketchup - Pulled Pork
Iced Tea - Cornbread
Deviled Eggs - Chitlins

Coke

Feel free to make suggestions, substitutions, or enhance descriptions...after all, bandwagon fans don't usually know $#^@ about their teams :shakehead

* All descriptions are based on the biased opinions of the user, but if you disagree you're probably wrong, just sayin...:sarcasm: #VCBCforStanley

Hello New Fan,

What Cane of Former Glory would you like in your Custom Canucks(tm) avatar?

- Zac Dalpe
- Jeremy Welsh
- Malhotra -- Oogie took this one
- Vrbata (I think he was a Cane)
- Andrew Alberts
- Bobby Spaghetti

Choose wisely.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver

Ketchup - Pulled Pork
Iced Tea - Cornbread
Deviled Eggs - Chitlins

Coke

Hello new friend. Please kindly remember to #praisedalpe. Thank you and enjoy your stay!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Praise Dalpe! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Hello New Fan,

What Cane of Former Glory would you like in your Custom Canucks(tm) avatar?

- Zac Dalpe
- Jeremy Welsh
- Malhotra -- Oogie took this one
- Vrbata (I think he was a Cane)
- Andrew Alberts
- Bobby Spaghetti

Choose wisely.

Ohhhh, tough choice to make here. I mean, Bobby Spaghetti was one of the #hcanes favorite players ever, so glad we gave up worthless draft picks for such an All-Star caliber offensive defenseman...and I mean seriously offensive, no not offensive, but offensive...am I getting my point across right?

I think I'm going to have to go with the underrated, underutilized, top-line scoring talent of Zac Dalpe! Can't believe we were foolish enough to give up on this guy with uncapped, untapped potential :sarcasm:

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Ohhhh, tough choice to make here. I mean, Bobby Spaghetti was one of the #hcanes favorite players ever, so glad we gave up worthless draft picks for such an All-Star caliber offensive defenseman...and I mean seriously offensive, no not offensive, but offensive...am I getting my point across right?

I think I'm going to have to go with the underrated, underutilized, top-line scoring talent of Zac Dalpe! Can't believe we were foolish enough to give up on this guy with uncapped, untapped potential :sarcasm:

5xz3wf8.gif

The great nation of HFVancouver thanks you for your unwavering and loyal fanning.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
According to the national medias, the youth and speeds of Calgary, plus their crazy high shooting % will crush our old slow legs and experiences.
Johnny Hockey and Monahan are better than the Sedins.
Even a kid like Sam Bennet can be our nightmare.
Didn't you see the All-Star Skillz Competition? Gaudreau had to be carried by Voracek so he could make it down the ice to score. You are the Jedi Masters, they are but the young Padawans, powerful they may be, but win they shall not. Young Padawans who are too powerful for their own good join the dark side, and while the Sith may go up 3-0, they are always defeated in the end!

JerkChicken

Jun 18, 2008
South Sound
My heart bleeds for you, it really does. :laugh:

Thanks for your support during my difficult time. :laugh:

Pretty sure there's no rink in the Cayman Islands, but there must be a sports-bar with access to Sportsnet or the CBC...no?

No rink, but we do have a 4 team ball hockey league. And apparently they're going to be building the 1st ice rink the Caribbean later this year. (Or so they claim). http://caymanicepalace.com/ --- I'll believe it when I see it. As for TV, I get CBC and TSN on my local cable, and I have Gamecentre. So I'm covered.

You live in the Cayman Islands. I live in Edmonton.

Life is so unfair. :(

Well, the humidity here is brutal. And there are no malls here. And you have less humidity. And a big mall. So...it's a tie?

My wife's a Canucks fan too, but she refuses to let me put a flag on her car. So I put a giant Canuck sticker on it instead. I may be sleeping on the couch. Not sure.

It's the playoffs though. Totally worth it.

10346520_10154411750365311_8543934539367173278_n.jpg

Oh and BTW, welcome aboard Carolina guy. :handclap: I've been all over NC (Boone, Charlotte, The Triad, New Bern etc.) It's one of my favorite states!

The Jesus*

Since the Hurricanes like to disappoint their fans on a yearly basis, we decided last year to start an annual draft where we would join other teams during the playoffs who are actually good at stickpuck. I was a free agent and decide to bring my services over to you.

Last year I joined the notorious L.A. Kings and they hit the jackpot and won an over-sized apple juice cup for winning at stickpuck. Me being here shall increase your chances of watching your team drink from the big cup.

So, greetings everyone! I look forward to being here for the time being :yo:

Welcome to the dark side, friend.

blendini

Jul 15, 2012
Welcome aboard Caners! Better to stick around here...avoid the main board. You are now one of the hated ones.

BTW...you live in one very beautiful state. Been their twice and love it.

Cheers!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad