OT: Denver Trip

NZ Avs Fan

Nov 16, 2013
New Zealand
Yeah, as tigre said above the best bet is to go to their practice facility. They practice here; Family Sports Ice Arena - South Suburban Parks and Recreation | Centennial, CO (you can copy the address).

Another thing to note is they do not practice at Family Sports Ice Arena on game-days, they practice at Pepsi Centre there and won't be able to get in. Your best bet is to head to practice on the off days for games, but those practices are hit and miss because sometimes Bednar has optional skates, especially between games. They tend to practice around 8ish and go until 10 or 11am, but someone who has more information might be able to give you more accuracy, but they'll be on the ice between those times.

Afterwards, you will have to go around the building where the players come out from. There might be other fans going to the same area, so just tag along and follow them. January will be cold, even if snow in Colorado melts in a couple of days, January is definitely one of the coldest months here. Another thing you can do for more information is contact @EurolancheDavid or perhaps plan a trip with them since they get behind the scene access. Here's your info for Pepsi Centre tours; Pepsi Center Tours | Pepsi Center (call them if you have any questions because I never did it). Honestly, this is my opinion so take it with a grain of salt (and perhaps Eurolanche can tell you more if it's worth doing), but I would rather go to another museum, spend the time at the Zoo, or go to the botanic garden even in January than do the Pepsi Centre tour, but that's just me.

Have fun driving on the wrong side of the road though if you don't Uber/Lyft from your hotel. Cheers mate!

As for my comment about the Denver Museum, so me and my family don't get eaten by a pack of wolves. For first and only time visitors, it probably is worth chequing out. It has enough stuff where you can spend half a day in with stuffed animals, geology (boring AF though), Egypt, space, IMAX theatre, and dinosaur exhibit. They actually got a very good dinosaur exhibit, but not sure how hype the place is if you're not a 7-year-old kid. They also tend to have a special exhibit (costs extra money though) that cycles between the museums; the last one was The Dead Sea Scrolls, King Tuts artefacts, and two years before that they had the Human Body Experience which was med student's dream. Cheque their website to determine what special exhibit they have now. But after you've been to it a couple of times, there is absolutely nothing to go back to.
Awesome. Thanks for the advice.

Might get in touch with them.but I think their trip is a few weeks later for the outdoor game.

Yea the driving thing will be a laugh haha but I have experienced it before.

I'm going to take my girlfriend up to aspen for snowboarding as that's what I've heard is good but snobby. But I'm OK with that.

Are there any other good ski fields around?

NZ Avs Fan

Nov 16, 2013
New Zealand
I did the Pepsi Center tour last November and it was awesome. You don't get to go into the dressing room but honestly that might be the ONLY place they don't take you. You get to see pretty much every inch of the place. I would definitely recommend it! The tour I took was on a gameday and as we were waiting Mikko Rantanen walked passed me. Had to pinch myself that it was actually him just casually walking with a bag of his own jerseys. Talked for a bit and got my picture with him. (obviously the experience doesn't include meeting Mikko) :sarcasm:

Thanks. Will probably check it out then.

Haha Yea I don't think that would happen very often.

Just been watching it for so long be unreal to see it in person now.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Awesome. Thanks for the advice.

Might get in touch with them.but I think their trip is a few weeks later for the outdoor game.

Yea the driving thing will be a laugh haha but I have experienced it before.

I'm going to take my girlfriend up to aspen for snowboarding as that's what I've heard is good but snobby. But I'm OK with that.

Are there any other good ski fields around?

Honestly Aspen isn't super snobby(not nearly as snobby as Vail), so if you go there that shouldn't be a big issue imo. But as far as other options for skiing there's plenty. Copper is my personal favorite and is about 1 hour and 15 minutes or so from Denver(with no traffic), A-Basin is good, as is Breckenridge. There's a lot of places to ski within 2 hours of Denver.

Reactions: NZ Avs Fan

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Flights booked for November! Anybody on here have any corporate codes for any hotels in the LODO area? Think we're going with the Westin but I won't book yet in case I come across any deals first. I checked AIRBNB too which is how I usually travel but it seems like the condo situation in Denver isn't exactly what it is in some other cities which is the type of AIRBNB I tend to go with.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Flights booked for November! Anybody on here have any corporate codes for any hotels in the LODO area? Think we're going with the Westin but I won't book yet in case I come across any deals first. I checked AIRBNB too which is how I usually travel but it seems like the condo situation in Denver isn't exactly what it is in some other cities which is the type of AIRBNB I tend to go with.

I'll let you rent my condo for $500 a day

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Umm I think I can get like 10% off at a couple places downtown. Not a ton but, let me know if you're interested.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
AC Marriot downtown, on 15th street. Right in the heart of down.
Awesome. Any idea what the total cost would be if I checked in on Nov 20 and checked out on the 24th. According to Expedia it would be approximately $229 USD a night at AC Marriot. The Westin is slightly cheaper. If you think booking directly through the hotel with your discount would be cheaper I’ll almost certainly take you up on the offer.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Awesome. Any idea what the total cost would be if I checked in on Nov 20 and checked out on the 24th. According to Expedia it would be approximately $229 USD a night at AC Marriot. The Westin is slightly cheaper. If you think booking directly through the hotel with your discount would be cheaper I’ll almost certainly take you up on the offer.

For whatever reason, the marriott options say that date can’t work with the promotional code. If you want I can PM you my discount stuff and see if it works for you.

jaloviina

1-2-3 stars!
Dec 24, 2015
Bunch of Jerks Finland
So hello Denver I'm coming there from Finland 29.10. to see rantanen & mack & donskoi & avs + panthers, wu tang clan, dallas stars, kurt vile, nashville preds and blue jackets. Lots of stuff to do and see! :P

Last edited:
Reactions: Bubba Thudd

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Team store is hard to miss when you get into the Pepsi Center. Get there about an hour before the game...any earlier and you just wait in line with the doors locked. Unless you want the best shot at seeing warm-ups (if they still let you in early enough for that).

No clue on metal bars in Denver.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Does the pro shop open before they start letting people into the arena? We're flying in for game 1 pretty early and want to hit the merch well before the crowds start pouring in.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Not that I recall. I never tried to go earlier in the day. But leading up to the game, only ones allowed in before the main gates are open are the Club level tickets at a special entrance, AFAIK. Been a long while since I got to go to a game there though. My last live game was in Glendale for the MacK/Girard/Rinaldo fiasco (during which, you can actually see me on the screen for a few seconds...bright blue shirt).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad