OT: Denver Trip

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Big bills is awesome but depends on what kind of pie you like (they’re New York style). I’m not a Chicago pizza fan at all but to each their own.

Beau Joes is the Colorado style pizza but I think it’s gone downhill over the last 20 years.

Sushi - go to Matsuhisa or Sushi Den. The place right next to Sushi Den is good too - forgot the name. Matsuhisa will be less crowded but may be a tad more expensive.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Best pizza in Denver?
Best sushi in Denver?
I love sushi, but there's no such thing as good sushi in a land-lock state. There are great deals though like all you can eat sushi at Sushi Katsu (multiple locations around the metro area).

Definitely give me a vote for Big Bill's, it's very unique but also very good. I also quite like Parry's as well (multiple locations), but if you're coming to Colorado you gotta make it as a tourist and try Beau Jo's. There are multiple locations, but the best one is the original one in Idaho Springs.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was never impressed with Beau Joes.

And the best sushi comes from 7-11. But not in Denver.
Convenience stores in Asia are steroid versions of their Western World counterparts. It's crazy because I read a story once that a major convenience store, forgot if it was Circle K, 7-11, or another one that opened an Asian, more specific a Japanese branch which grew so large that the Japanese branch bought out the entire rest of the company. They're like the lifeblood of daily life in Asian cultures.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I love sushi, but there's no such thing as good sushi in a land-lock state. There are great deals though like all you can eat sushi at Sushi Katsu (multiple locations around the metro area).

Definitely give me a vote for Big Bill's, it's very unique but also very good. I also quite like Parry's as well (multiple locations), but if you're coming to Colorado you gotta make it as a tourist and try Beau Jo's. There are multiple locations, but the best one is the original one in Idaho Springs.

Parry’s never really did it for me honestly.

@Cousin Eddie Mellow Mushroom also has pretty good pizza and will be in the heart of downtown.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Convenience stores in Asia are steroid versions of their Western World counterparts. It's crazy because I read a story once that a major convenience store, forgot if it was Circle K, 7-11, or another one that opened an Asian, more specific a Japanese branch which grew so large that the Japanese branch bought out the entire rest of the company. They're like the lifeblood of daily life in Asian cultures.
7-11 is masive in SEA. Not quite as much here in Singapore, but in Thailand...wow. There are intersections with a 7-11 with one door of the corner on all four corners. No joke....four 7-11s across the street from each other. Think there are only a few like that, and we are talking big intersection that you probably don't want to walk acrossagainst the light, and waiting for the light might take 10+ minutes. But the neighborhood I used to live in had three with 150m of each other on the same road. Plus a couple Family Marts (same thing, different colors). And you can survive pretty well only shopping at a 7-11 there. Fresh fruits, sushi, packaged meals, meats, drinks (including booze) etc. Plus all the dry goods... paper products, hygiene stuff, phones and accessories, stationary, raincoats, tools, and more. And the prices are not super jacked up like at US convenience stores. Granted, the one I used to frequent was a bigger one, and the smaller ones wont have the same range of goods...but you could still get by.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
7-11 is masive in SEA. Not quite as much here in Singapore, but in Thailand...wow. There are intersections with a 7-11 with one door of the corner on all four corners. No joke....four 7-11s across the street from each other. Think there are only a few like that, and we are talking big intersection that you probably don't want to walk acrossagainst the light, and waiting for the light might take 10+ minutes. But the neighborhood I used to live in had three with 150m of each other on the same road. Plus a couple Family Marts (same thing, different colors). And you can survive pretty well only shopping at a 7-11 there. Fresh fruits, sushi, packaged meals, meats, drinks (including booze) etc. Plus all the dry goods... paper products, hygiene stuff, phones and accessories, stationary, raincoats, tools, and more. And the prices are not super jacked up like at US convenience stores. Granted, the one I used to frequent was a bigger one, and the smaller ones wont have the same range of goods...but you could still get by.
I know you can pay bills in some of them and even get a new washer for clothes. And the food is actually very decent and not rat meat. What's the difference between SEA and Singapore? I just know that Singapore is super expensive and is becoming (or already is) a financial hub of the world.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Singapore is richer and cleaner mainly. And more Chinese (like ~75% of citizens are of Chinese decent, ~13.5% Malay, ~9% Indian). It is still SEA, but much more Western thanks to the Brit presence for so long, and being a trading hub (and financial hub now for a couple decades for this part of the world). Has only been independent for 52 years, since Malaysia "kicked them out." Only 61.6% of the people living here are citizens. Of the rest, 29.2% are "non-residents" like myself, and the remainder are PRs. English is even one of the official languages. Still have 7-11 here, just nto as much as Thailand.

jaloviina

1-2-3 stars!
Dec 24, 2015
Bunch of Jerks Finland
So in 29th of October I will be at denver. Thought to go straight from hostel to Blake Street tavern to eat and see some games. Is it cool place or do you suggest some other sports Bar in lodo?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
100 Years ago Woodrow Wilson had a debilitating stroke after visiting Pueblo.
Which for those of us who have been to Pueblo you totally understand.

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Hey guys.. (and Seph? Is this Seph from the Isles board?)

Coming 2nd week of Nov to Denver -- second visit -- plan to rent car for a day or two and visit either Colorado Springs or Boulder -- which one has the best views/ride/scenery? Would be just a day trip. Most of my visit will be walking or Uber. I'll be catching either against NSH or CBJ. and wearing my Isles jersey :)

Sadly missing from this thread are two favorite topics of mine. Dispensary and Music.

Course Leafly and Google will help, - is there a must see dispensary or are they all kinda the same? From what I've read, there still aren't any BYOC locations where you can smoke and chill at all? Vancouver has a couple and they are pretty great, Is there any dispensary which has medical level doses of edibles available for recreational purchase?

Where downtown do we have live music -- rock/folk/blues/funk.. just about anything with a person playing a guitar is good for me.

THanks all!

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Coming 2nd week of Nov to Denver -- second visit -- plan to rent car for a day or two and visit either Colorado Springs or Boulder -- which one has the best views/ride/scenery?
Both are pretty good. So what are your political leanings?:sarcasm:

Dispensaries are going to more prevalent in Boulder.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland

Coming 2nd week of Nov to Denver -- second visit -- plan to rent car for a day or two and visit either Colorado Springs or Boulder -- which one has the best views/ride/scenery? Would be just a day trip. Most of my visit will be walking or Uber. I'll be catching either against NSH or CBJ. and wearing my Isles jersey :)

Sadly missing from this thread are two favorite topics of mine. Dispensary and Music.

Course Leafly and Google will help, - is there a must see dispensary or are they all kinda the same? From what I've read, there still aren't any BYOC locations where you can smoke and chill at all? Vancouver has a couple and they are pretty great, Is there any dispensary which has medical level doses of edibles available for recreational purchase?

Where downtown do we have live music -- rock/folk/blues/funk.. just about anything with a person playing a guitar is good for me.

THanks all!

I actually recommend looking into some of the smaller towns such as Glenwood Springs. Things are a lot less busy and offer a lot more bang for the buck. Plus the drive between Denver and there is gorgeous. The downtown area is also surprisingly modern with decent restaurants and music venues.

jaloviina

1-2-3 stars!
Dec 24, 2015
Bunch of Jerks Finland
OK so this my post will contain few swearwords. soo few days ago I had a "friend" visiting me. well after he left I saw that my us dollar money bag for the trip was taken. I called him and he was like "hell no I wouldnt do that for you" and I said just check your bag and he found my cash and ran at my place. except its missing almost 2000 dollars.. so yeah. nice. :ha::(

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->