OT: Denver Trip

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hey guys.. (and Seph? Is this Seph from the Isles board?)

Coming 2nd week of Nov to Denver -- second visit -- plan to rent car for a day or two and visit either Colorado Springs or Boulder -- which one has the best views/ride/scenery? Would be just a day trip. Most of my visit will be walking or Uber. I'll be catching either against NSH or CBJ. and wearing my Isles jersey :)

Sadly missing from this thread are two favorite topics of mine. Dispensary and Music.

Course Leafly and Google will help, - is there a must see dispensary or are they all kinda the same? From what I've read, there still aren't any BYOC locations where you can smoke and chill at all? Vancouver has a couple and they are pretty great, Is there any dispensary which has medical level doses of edibles available for recreational purchase?

Where downtown do we have live music -- rock/folk/blues/funk.. just about anything with a person playing a guitar is good for me.

THanks all!
That effer took my name!!! :ha::laugh:

No, @Hasbro pretty much accurately nailed each city. Boulder has the college campus so it's pretty left-wing tilted where you have organic coffee shops and white tree huggers in dreads. Colorado Springs is super military so it's pretty right-wing titled where you have a ton of churches and overly patriotic Americans.

Both cities have their pros and cons, but if I was going to choose one there is more stuff to do and see in Colorado Springs IMHO. Both cities are next to the Rockies, but Springs has the Cheyenne Zoo, Red Rocks, Pikes Peak (though it will be closed when you visit), and much more sites then I can remember off the top of my head. Boulder is more newer, better shopping district/places, better restaurants, and is closer to Rocky Mountain National Park. I would go deeper into the mountains such as Breckenridge as a city that I prefer over those two.

I think weed is dumb, but I was exploring a part of Denver one time and I came across a place called The Church of Cannabis. Not sure what the hell it's about since that is not my lifestyle, however, try chequing it out on Google or Facebook for more info. I can't really help you beyond what I see, but I do have a friend who smokes and he says that a lot of places in Colorado are still quite strict in freely smoking it. I mean he's found some bars around the Denver area, but they gotta know you as a local before giving you that freedom. Boulder might be a better choice for you because they seem (to me) on the surface that they are more lenient on regards to weed in public.

Can't really help you concerning music bars, but I am very sure there are ones in Denver. Perhaps LoDo will be your best bet, but a quick Google gave me this The Ten Bars With Live Music That We Can't Live Without

Last edited:

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
That effer took my name!!! :ha::laugh:

No, @Hasbro pretty much accurately nailed each city. Boulder has the college campus so it's pretty left-wing tilted where you have organic coffee shops and white tree huggers in dreads. Colorado Springs is super military so it's pretty right-wing titled where you have a ton of churches and overly patriotic Americans.

Both cities have their pros and cons, but if I was going to choose one there is more stuff to do and see in Colorado Springs IMHO. Both cities are next to the Rockies, but Springs has the Cheyenne Zoo, Red Rocks, Pikes Peak (though it will be closed when you visit), and much more sites then I can remember off the top of my head. Boulder is more newer, better shopping district/places, better restaurants, and is closer to Rocky Mountain National Park. I would go deeper into the mountains such as Breckenridge as a city that I prefer over those two.

I think weed is dumb, but I was exploring a part of Denver one time and I came across a place called The Church of Cannabis. Not sure what the hell it's about since that is not my lifestyle, however, try chequing it out on Google or Facebook for more info. I can't really help you beyond what I see, but I do have a friend who smokes and he says that a lot of places in Colorado are still quite strict in freely smoking it. I mean he's found some bars around the Denver area, but they gotta know you as a local before giving you that freedom. Boulder might be a better choice for you because they seem (to me) on the surface that they are more lenient on regards to weed in public.

Can't really help you concerning music bars, but I am very sure there are ones in Denver. Perhaps LoDo will be your best bet, but a quick Google gave me this The Ten Bars With Live Music That We Can't Live Without

Now THAT is a great post. thank you!

Since I'm neither left or right -- both parties are so dumb in their extremes, perhaps Ill just stay in Denver! :)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Since I'm neither left or right -- both parties are so dumb in their extremes, perhaps Ill just stay in Denver! :)
Trust me, neither political party is going to ruin your trip if you go to either city or both cities, but you can feel the aura of it if that makes sense.

Reactions: Bones45

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012

Dispensaries - A Cut Above and Apothecary on South Broadway. Both have recreational and medical. I go for concentrates (live resin) rather than flower. Someone was telling me at the game to check out Colorado Wellness in Denver. I hadn't heard of them before but I live up north of Boulder and those two dispensaries are the ones my friends and I go to. No pot smoking (joint) is allowed in public but people vape all of the time - you can't tell if they're vaping THC or e-juice.

If I were you and wanted to check out dispensaries then come down to A Cut Above on 04/20 next year as they hired and brought in a food truck and had a ton of munchies as a thank you for all of their patrons. It was a blast.

PM if you have any other questions concerning dispensaries.

Reactions: Bones45

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Guys do you mind giving me some hotel suggestions even though it’s akreadg been somewhat discussed.

I’ve been thinking the Westin but keep second guessing. I assume the 16th Street mall is the best location to be but I have no idea. The other options we’ve considered are AC Marriott, Renaissance, Kimpton and Curtis. Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton is outside of my budget.

Here’s what I’m looking for.

- Location. Downtown. Wherever most of the daytime/nighttime fun will be. Looking for food, drinks and shopping. Basically I want to be where the action is. I want a place where we walk outside and we’re already part of the action.

- Modern. I’m not one looking for character or old arcitecture. I want something modern and trendy. Preferably a place with a cool lounge inside. Places like the Crawford get high reviews but that’s not the type of atmosphere I’m going for.

- Height if possible. Not 100% necessary but we much prefer hotels that tend to be more high rise. Don’t want to be in some hotel where we’re 10 feet above an alleyway.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Modern and trendy... ART Hotel, Maven Hotel, or Born Hotel. ART is 3 blocks away from the edge of 16th Street and very trendy and modern. Born is probably a half step down in trendy (though IMO a bit nicer) and right in the heart of LoDo. Heard good things about the Maven, but haven't been in there personally. Also in LoDo.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Guys do you mind giving me some hotel suggestions even though it’s akreadg been somewhat discussed.

I’ve been thinking the Westin but keep second guessing. I assume the 16th Street mall is the best location to be but I have no idea. The other options we’ve considered are AC Marriott, Renaissance, Kimpton and Curtis. Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton is outside of my budget.

Here’s what I’m looking for.

- Location. Downtown. Wherever most of the daytime/nighttime fun will be. Looking for food, drinks and shopping. Basically I want to be where the action is. I want a place where we walk outside and we’re already part of the action.

- Modern. I’m not one looking for character or old arcitecture. I want something modern and trendy. Preferably a place with a cool lounge inside. Places like the Crawford get high reviews but that’s not the type of atmosphere I’m going for.

- Height if possible. Not 100% necessary but we much prefer hotels that tend to be more high rise. Don’t want to be in some hotel where we’re 10 feet above an alleyway.

Hilton City Center would be a decent option. Block or two off of 16th st mall(which yes is the most happening place for food and what not) and 5 minutes or so from the Pepsi center.

But I think Henchy hit it on the nose with ART.

Clainer09

Sep 12, 2012
Prince Edward Island
Hey guys! Heading to Denver December 8-14th on their three game homestand vs Calgary, Philly & NJD. Was in Denver last November so I know the downtown area relatively well. Just curious on restaurants to consider. I am a foody/carnivore and would love to hear peoples suggestions within the downtown area! Thanks!

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is it generally a better idea to get tickets for the game early or late? Game I'm coming to see is about a month away. Should I jump on some tickets now?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Is it generally a better idea to get tickets for the game early or late? Game I'm coming to see is about a month away. Should I jump on some tickets now?

They changed from flashseats to ticket master so I’m not 100% sure. Flash seats was great cuz you could bid and get really good deals right before the game started. I would keep tabs on the game your looking at and if you find any seats in the lowest section below like 80 seriously consider it.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
They changed from flashseats to ticket master so I’m not 100% sure. Flash seats was great cuz you could bid and get really good deals right before the game started. I would keep tabs on the game your looking at and if you find any seats in the lowest section below like 80 seriously consider it.
Cheapest right now in the lower bowl is $128 each.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Are you going to Toronto, Edmonton or Chicago? Edmonton, you'll have the pick of the litter on gameday. Chicago buy ASAP. Toronto buy within the next couple weeks. Within a week of the game there are only scraps or start going back up in price.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Are you going to Toronto, Edmonton or Chicago? Edmonton, you'll have the pick of the litter on gameday. Chicago buy ASAP. Toronto buy within the next couple weeks. Within a week of the game there are only scraps or start going back up in price.
Toronto

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

I'd just watch the seats where you want to sit over the next couple weeks and jump when you see a good deal. If they start filling up where you want to be, just buy. I don't imagine tickets will get much below $95-100 USD to Toronto for lower bowl tickets. Those will be on the side Toronto shoots twice.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is there some place in Lodo/near pepsi center where people meet before games?
I've been using this thread for advice since I'm coming for my second ever time in a few weeks but the last time I was there I went to a place called Brooklyn's right beside Pepsi Centre which was full of Avs fans. They had some decent pub food. It was my plan to go there again prior to the game unless somebody suggests something better.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Brooklyn's a joke IMHO, drinks take forever to get and I've been served cold food before. Honestly they're only in business simply because it's a convenience. There's a trillion times better restaurants like three blocks from the Pepsi Centre across the South Platte river such as on Market Street, Blake Street, and Larimer Street. Cheque out Rhein Haus, D'Corazon, and Fogo de Chao instead, you might just have to get their earlier and leave earlier for the walk if you don't want stadium food (don't blame you if you don't).

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
I've been using this thread for advice since I'm coming for my second ever time in a few weeks but the last time I was there I went to a place called Brooklyn's right beside Pepsi Centre which was full of Avs fans. They had some decent pub food. It was my plan to go there again prior to the game unless somebody suggests something better.
I’ve got a buddy that works for a ticket company that sells Avs tix. He may be able to at least save you from paying stubhub fees. DM me and I’ll send you his info.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I’ve got a buddy that works for a ticket company that sells Avs tix. He may be able to at least save you from paying stubhub fees. DM me and I’ll send you his info.
Says I can’t send you a dm because if your privacy settings. Send me one!

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Brooklyn's a joke IMHO, drinks take forever to get and I've been served cold food before. Honestly they're only in business simply because it's a convenience. There's a trillion times better restaurants like three blocks from the Pepsi Centre across the South Platte river such as on Market Street, Blake Street, and Larimer Street. Cheque out Rhein Haus, D'Corazon, and Fogo de Chao instead, you might just have to get their earlier and leave earlier for the walk if you don't want stadium food (don't blame you if you don't).
I’m sure there’s better places for quality food/service, but a two level bar/restaurant full of Avalanche fans all sitting and screaming together beside the arena is a pretty cool pre game atmosphere which is more so what I’m looking for.

jaloviina

1-2-3 stars!
Dec 24, 2015
Bunch of Jerks Finland
just got confirmation on my wu tang clan tickets to red rocks nice! and we just changed here in Finland to winter time to make all this time difference even more confusing now here its 3.50 am and you are like 19.50 :huh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad