Dennis "The Everbeast" Everberg

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Then you must have really high expectations. I'd be more than happy if Everberg produced similar numbers to McGinn.

I guess I'm not sure what you think McGinn's "numbers" are. He's an incredibly streaky scorer, and yes in most cases the term is overused when applied to a player. Not him. He's a decent 3rd line banger who can provide some goals here and there, but he's also below-average defensively and doesn't do a great job protecting the puck. If anyone is McGinn-lite, it's McLeod.

Anyway, Everberg's production doesn't really bother me. If he's Daniel Winnik 2.0 I won't have any issues with him whatsoever. But I think he'll surprise some of you, the guy helps sustain pressure and knows where to be in the slot area. We will see if, in time, he turns some of those chances into points, but right now it's his defensive play and speed that is invaluable.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Good God, I sure hope he's more than "McGinn-lite."

I'm a big fan of Everberg's game, but he's got a bit of a ways to go before he gets to McGinn's level. Everberg may be better defensively, but Ginner's a consistent 20 goal scorer. He put up 20 the year he was traded to the Avs, then 11 in 47 games of the lockout shortened year, then 19 last year.

He may be streaky within a season, but he's very consistent in his output at the end of the year. Last three years his points per game have been .47, .47, and .48.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I personally see Everberg as probably a solid 4th liner, maybe 3rd liner with around a 35 point season tops. He's good defensively and he's good at going to the net which will help get him points but I don't see him getting much better than that.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Everberg could easily be a 3rd liner based on his play. He had about four real good chances against Chicago. Impressed by him.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Everberg could easily be a 3rd liner based on his play. He had about four real good chances against Chicago. Impressed by him.
Yeah he has been a lot more dangerous offensively in the past few games. He has started to show more offensive skills. It is still not showing on the scoresheet but you can see he is getting more comfortable offensively.

umdieecke*

For those of us who have to make compromises in our everyday lives, like watch the Oscars, would someone mind explaining what Everberg did in the fleeting final minutes of this game ?

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I remember making a post here when the rumour was breaking in Sweden that Everberg was signing in Colorado. I really didn't expect him to make the NHL club right out of the 2nd tier league in Sweden. Will try to find what I wrote.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
For those of us who have to make compromises in our everyday lives, like watch the Oscars, would someone mind explaining what Everberg did in the fleeting final minutes of this game ?

blocked a goal bound shot 2:30 from the end and played solid defence with a few blocks in the final shift.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I remember making a post here when the rumour was breaking in Sweden that Everberg was signing in Colorado. I really didn't expect him to make the NHL club right out of the 2nd tier league in Sweden. Will try to find what I wrote.

Well I found this:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=83480229&postcount=10

Lindström is ten times the player, but we'll see.

That's all I found from you from that thread along with you providing some interviews.
Or did you think even earlier?

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
He's been very good the last 10 games or so. Finally starting to find some offense.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
My FNG. Favorite new guy. And pretty high on my list overall. Just love the guys that play the role they are given with so much heart. And so far above expectations so quickly, wow.

umdieecke*

blocked a goal bound shot 2:30 from the end and played solid defence with a few blocks in the final shift.

Wow. Hopefully he sticks around and stays an a good trajectory. They've needed more quality like what Chicago gets from Shaw et al.

Please just don't turn into a pumpkin next year.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Well I found this:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=83480229&postcount=10

That's all I found from you from that thread along with you providing some interviews.
Or did you think even earlier?

I don't remember if I wrote anything in the "rumours" thread cause it sounded to unlikely. The reporter only wrote "Everberg to Colorado". He didn't say the Avalanche or anything. Like... has he signed there? Is he going there for some tournament that I haven't heard about? He plays in the 2nd division, can he really be signing for an NHL team? Na? It all felt a bit strange.

umdieecke*

Well this is satisfying. Our most talented high end player has his first hat trick but in the end, a grit and sandpaper guy from Sweden, who was completely off radar, is the one who saves the day.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Everburg really did look every bit hte new 22 year old rookie with HUGE upside..
He is a Big guy with fast skates and soft hands, wahat more could you want, he plays gritty hockey and EXACTLY what we need for a bottom 6 guy who could grow past this in years to come...

Infinately more talent than say Talbot or McC or Cliche or.. need I go on?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
One question about this second division thing. I don't know a lot about the SHL but my understanding is a team gets relegated to a lower division so couldn't decent players be on a team that gets moved down? So it's not exactly indicative of their own play but more the team's? I know Everberg's team had been moved up at one point.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
One question about this second division thing. I don't know a lot about the SHL but my understanding is a team gets relegated to a lower division so couldn't decent players be on a team that gets moved down? So it's not exactly indicative of their own play but more the team's? I know Everberg's team had been moved up at one point.

Yeah, he played in the SHL the year before. Rögle were completely awful though and were relegated to the 2nd division. Where he had a decent year. He did miss out on most of 11/12 but he didn't do much in the 2nd division the years before. But he was younger at the time of course.

He did sign with Luleå in the SHL for this season when his own team lost the promotion spot on goal differantial and stayed in Allsvenskan.

But he wasn't a stand out player in any way in the 2nd division. So it was a lot suprising to see him sign with the Avs. A 22 year old swedish player that has a good year in the 2nd division is always gonna get a SHL gig, even if he wasn't one of the best.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
It seems like Everberg have been one of those players who were sort of struggling to find their role a bit. Always had a big body. Been criticized in the past for not using it to his advantage. Never been put in a productive role untill last year.

About the 2nd division though, if a team is relegated, the contracts are terminated. So no one is "forced" to stay with the team in the 2nd division. I guess Everberg decided to stay there and hadn't really done enough to warrant a SHL-contract from another team at the time.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Ok, that makes sense about the contracts that if someone chooses to stay in the lower division it's likely because they likely didn't have offers on a SHL team.

I think the Avs are digging deep for these guys. I'm sure most that play in the SHL or KHL are on most teams' radar. That one rumor the Avs are sniffing around the German leagues is getting pretty out there.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I hope we can snag a gem or two with the KHL almost going down. Everyone will look at the highest scorers there. But if we can find one or two depth players who can play minor role I'd be happy.

I mentioned I liked Simon Önerud from Modo. But there are probably lots of those guys in the KHL as well.

Two defenseman I like is Dean Kukan and Erik Gustafsson. (Not the former Flyers, Landeskogs BFF that plays on Frölunda) Oilers had drafted him but forgot to give him a contract or whatever this summer. Many thought it was strange but they just let his rights go. I spoke to one scout here who thought they made a big mistake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad