Dennis "The Everbeast" Everberg

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Sure camp should be an open competition but I think Rendulic will go down myself. There are a lot of bodies contracted already too. What are they going to do with Caron as well, who knows.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I'd be surprised if Rendulic makes the team out of camp for the following reasons:
1. McGinn and hopefully Winchester will be back
2. We need good players to call up until Bleackley, Magyar and Nantel move up to the AHL. He is a great option for that being waiver exempt.
3. He can still work on his offense in the AHL.

Exactly. He would need an amazing camp to stay up.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Yeah, Rendulic needs to have a Monster (no pun intended) camp or we have to have a few injuries for him to get the call-up next season.

The season after that might be another story if he progresses well.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If they decide to move MacK to centre for next season and go back to the 3C mould with Duchene/MacKinnon/ROR, I can see Rendulic making this team. Then you've got 6 wingers to work with for the top 3 lines: Landeskog, Tanguay, Iginla, Everberg, McGinn, and someone else. That someone else if I was a betting man would be Rendulic.

Then run a 4th line of McLeod-Mitchell-Caron/Bordeleau/Heard/Any goon for a game vs Minnesota

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Along with getting stronger I still would like to see him get more offensive confidence. I think he has the shot, size and speed to be a legit 15-20 goal guy down the road.

Him playing in Lake Erie all year would have been good for him.

Agreed 100%, and I think Roy really wanted this as well.

I think Roy might see more potential in him then just a 3rd liner. From the quotes he's given the last few days, it sounds to me like he believes that Everberg could develop a decent enough offensive game to be a 2nd liner, or a 2/3 tweener going forward.

It's awesome that he basically played himself onto the team and forced Roy's hand, but I also think without a doubt it would have benefited him from playing 1st line minutes and probably putting up a 50+ point season in Lake Erie as well.

Regardless, I think he's making it pretty clear that he's going to be at least a very good 3rd liner for us in a couple years, and I think Roy believes he could be a 15G, 40 Point guy for us as well and a 2/3 liner rather then just a 3rd line Defensive guy.

Fantastic signing though. Both he and Rendulic are looking like good solid signings, could very well make up 2/3's of our 3rd line in a few years, which is fantastic for undrafted prospect signings.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
If they decide to move MacK to centre for next season and go back to the 3C mould with Duchene/MacKinnon/ROR, I can see Rendulic making this team. Then you've got 6 wingers to work with for the top 3 lines: Landeskog, Tanguay, Iginla, Everberg, McGinn, and someone else. That someone else if I was a betting man would be Rendulic.

Then run a 4th line of McLeod-Mitchell-Caron/Bordeleau/Heard/Any goon for a game vs Minnesota

Yeah, maybe. If Winchester is healthy I would guess Rendulic is still in LE just because of his waiver status.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Agreed 100%, and I think Roy really wanted this as well.

I think Roy might see more potential in him then just a 3rd liner. From the quotes he's given the last few days, it sounds to me like he believes that Everberg could develop a decent enough offensive game to be a 2nd liner, or a 2/3 tweener going forward.

It's awesome that he basically played himself onto the team and forced Roy's hand, but I also think without a doubt it would have benefited him from playing 1st line minutes and probably putting up a 50+ point season in Lake Erie as well.

Regardless, I think he's making it pretty clear that he's going to be at least a very good 3rd liner for us in a couple years, and I think Roy believes he could be a 15G, 40 Point guy for us as well and a 2/3 liner rather then just a 3rd line Defensive guy.

Fantastic signing though. Both he and Rendulic are looking like good solid signings, could very well make up 2/3's of our 3rd line in a few years, which is fantastic for undrafted prospect signings.

I really think this is how the Avs are going to speed rebuild their prospects. We started seeing it last year, and would not be surprised to see us pick up a few college UFAs, CHL overagers, and lesser known European players. It's really too bad the Rangers managed to outbid us for Kevin Hayes, an Everbeast-Hayes-Rendulic third line would have been pretty clutch to have.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Henley's going to be a player to. Probably just a 4th liner, but he'll be the 4th line C we had hoped Winch would be, if his brain hadn't gotten scrambled.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I really think this is how the Avs are going to speed rebuild their prospects. We started seeing it last year, and would not be surprised to see us pick up a few college UFAs, CHL overagers, and lesser known European players. It's really too bad the Rangers managed to outbid us for Kevin Hayes, an Everbeast-Hayes-Rendulic third line would have been pretty clutch to have.
Yeah I can see them signing Martinsen this summer.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
That would be an even bigger stretch than reaching down to the 2nd division in Sweden and grabbing Everberg.
Martinsen is already on NHL teams radar since he's been to a training camp, so the Avs likely aren't alone. He is a few years older than Everberg and Rendulic though.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Martinsen is already on NHL teams radar since he's been to a training camp, so the Avs likely aren't alone.

Really? I have never seen him play except six years ago and a short clip of him here and there. But a guy who has had ONE productive season in DEL and who is already 24 years old? Maybe he is awesome. But on paper, a bigger stretch than Everberg.

I hope we don't overlook the KHL.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That would be an even bigger stretch than reaching down to the 2nd division in Sweden and grabbing Everberg.

Well the original plan for both Everberg and Rendulic was to play 1-2 years in the minors before playing for the Avs, so that likely would be the case for for Martinsen as well. Just trying to replenish that callup depth.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Dennis has really become the best shot blocker on the team, and IMO one of the better guys in the league. I don't think he get enough credit for this. It's not just his anticipation and willingness that gets the job done, he reacts to the shot like a goalie and moves into it. Makes a lot of leg saves where he kicks out or lays his leg down to stop it. He's kind of a bit of a throw back to when you saw bottom six guys specialize in this and use it all the time. It's not really done as much anymore.

I noticed him doing this well toward the beginning of the season, but he's gotten more and more confident in his ability to do so, and has just gotten better and better at it as the season's gone along.

It's really added a huge element to the team, because shot blocks are obviously very important, but Varly doesn't like his guys blocking his sight lines so they don't always do it. If you have a guy like Everberg who you know will get the puck and not just screen Varly, it really limits a lot of those point shot/rebound type of dangerous chances with a crowd in front that has become one of the main strategies to score in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad