Dennis Seidenberg

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Chara's regular season performances the past 3 years have been as incredible as always. The postseason runs, maybe not whether it's due to fatigue or injury.

I disagree with anyone saying this isn't Chara's first bad regular season though.

Perhaps this is Chara's first truly definitive "bad season".

But, I can't say I didn't see it coming.

For the record, I thought the fact that he was nominated for the Norris last year was laughable. This viewpoint, of course, was viewed as sacrilegious by everyone around here.

BrianBruin

Feb 6, 2015
if the Bruins had a chance to make a legit move to make the team better...but either Marchand or Lucic had to go in the deal which one would you choose?

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
if the Bruins had a chance to make a legit move to make the team better...but either Marchand or Lucic had to go in the deal which one would you choose?

Marchand, without a second thought. Wingers like Marchand can be found more frequently than players that bring Lucic's combination of size, skill, and what was once tenacity.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Just look at their stats and Marchy has it hands down. Ave. 21 G vs 16 for Luch. Both bring intangibles, but the offensive nod goes to the little pest.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
Just look at their stats and Marchy has it hands down. Ave. 21 G vs 16 for Luch. Both bring intangibles, but the offensive nod goes to the little pest.

Marchy is also pretty awesome defensively, Looch is often a contributing factor to the Bruins getting hemmed in their zone. Some people's idea of Lucic is that of Cam Neely and it's extremely inaccurate.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Lucic, lucic has more value and marchand does excellent PK work.
And he has nice cap hit+ he brings more energy.

Lucic and Chong

Mar 11, 2010
Perhaps this is Chara's first truly definitive "bad season".

But, I can't say I didn't see it coming.

For the record, I thought the fact that he was nominated for the Norris last year was laughable. This viewpoint, of course, was viewed as sacrilegious by everyone around here.

Maybe. He scored 17 goals, was a +25 and captained the President's Trophy winner.

Now, if you subscribe to the belief that the Norris should go to the best defensive defenseman in the NHL, what's laughable is that he's only won one and by that measure is about as good defensively as Karlsson and Subban.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad