Dennis Seidenberg

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
dennis seidenberg to amc for an autographed breaking bad barrel

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Peaked during the Stanley Cup run,better than Chara in my opinion. Hasn't gotten back to that level and has declined since.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
He was once very good defensively and bad offensively.

His D game has fell apart and he's still no good with the puck.

If someone wants his 4M Cap hit for the next 3 years, good. Move him. Even better if they are willing to give us something in return...

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He was once very good defensively and bad offensively.

His D game has fell apart and he's still no good with the puck.

If someone wants his 4M Cap hit for the next 3 years, good. Move him. Even better if they are willing to give us something in return...

Torn ACL/MCLs can take up to 18 months to be 100%. So there is a chance the Seidenberg will return to form and be a great deal at 4M. He also is 33. Dealing him now could be a sell low move...or it could be a "omg thank god we moved him when we could" move.

If you can get a quality asset for him (2015 2nd+) I think you pull the trigger because of the cap relief. I'm not sure if I would just straight dump him, though.

edit: yeah, I would totally move him if I could. Not worth the risk.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Too early to trade, it's just an off year?

I think both he and Chara need longer to come back from their injuries.

I don't think they will be the players they were before the injuries, but expect them to
be better than they are this year. The big question is if they will be good enough
to keep them.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut

I don't think they will be the players they were before the injuries, but expect them to
be better than they are this year. The big question is if they will be good enough
to keep them.

You expect Chara to be better next year than this year? I'm not sure I'm in that same camp. I feel like each of the last 3 years he's had a little less of a positive impact to the B's. I expect that to continue...meaning to the extent that the injury hurt his effectiveness this year, I believe another year of the natural decline we;ve been seeing is going to render him, at best , equal to this year.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
His knee surgery can take a while to recover from. He also isn't a spring chicken.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah but how long ago did it happen?
He's had time and time to rehab, he was almost going to play for us against the habs and that was almost a year ago,
I love our german tank but he's killing our team and I don't see him getting to his old level again. :shakehead

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

to keep them.

This seems to be the consensus, which is funny when you think about the talk of Seidenberg coming back if the Bruins made it past the Habs.

caper8

Sep 5, 2007
Halifax
You expect Chara to be better next year than this year? I'm not sure I'm in that same camp. I feel like each of the last 3 years he's had a little less of a positive impact to the B's. I expect that to continue...meaning to the extent that the injury hurt his effectiveness this year, I believe another year of the natural decline we;ve been seeing is going to render him, at best , equal to this year.

Totally agree. I knew it was happening, hated to think about. This year his performance has really gone downhill and like you, I don't think he's gonna improve.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The better question is is it to late (to trade him I mean )

I think it is.

IMO due to his injury his play has suffered a lot. You can bet other teams have noticed this and if Chiarelli was to put him on the trade block he'd get little or no interest.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
The only problem is, even if he's not having a great year, who the hell takes his place? We have a massive hole on the 2nd pairing already.

If we do sell (which we're not), and you can get a good deal for him, ship him out. If not, he'll probably be better next year.

If you can't decide there's always the draft.

Bruins40

Jan 3, 2013
Boston

to keep them.

I totally agree with u in the recovering from injury sense, but personally i think the Bruins are on the decline and they have to give up a veteran like seids for younger talent to grow like joe Morrow

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Seids needs to go. With the high price on return for defenseman, Seids could bring back a decent return.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yeah but how long ago did it happen?
He's had time and time to rehab, he was almost going to play for us against the habs and that was almost a year ago,
I love our german tank but he's killing our team and I don't see him getting to his old level again. :shakehead

He had the surgery in Jan of last year. Adrian Peterson was the best RB in the league 8 months after his. D-Rose was never the same. It can take up to 18 months to recover from an ACL. It's been 13. He could be himself next season, or he could never be better than right now. I'm glad I'm not making the choice on what to do because at 4 mil he can be a great or horrible contract or anywhere in between.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Out of just the players, he is the single biggest problem. He has been horrific, and it isn't getting better.

He is a "number 2" playing like a 7th or 8th defenseman, but not getting those types of minutes.

He is on the wrong side of 30 and coming off a major injury, but somehow his play has seemed to go past even the worst case scenario we could have imagined.

I have no idea what can be done, but if he can be moved at the deadline to a team desperate for a veteran defenseman it has to be done. Has to be.

I agree with this post 100 %.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
While I'm disappointed in his play the last couple years, I don't think he's a must-trade by any means. Especially with the cap going up, $4 million for someone like him is fine, even if his level of play stays around the same.

Habs killer

Jan 31, 2007
somerville
I dont how much of his recent demise is atrributed to his injury, but its not players just turning him with ease, they clearly generate those few 1st quick steps and sieds is burnt. Its not careless play, he has a lost a step.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I really can't stand the notion that has been applied to Chara for multiple years now (and is apparently now being applied to Seidenberg), that "he'll be better after recovering from his injury". It's right up there with my annoyance of the "Jordan Caron can fetch a 2nd from a lower market team" notion that's floated around here for two offseasons.

Stop attributing a natural slowing down of old players to these hampering injuries and applying this blind hope of "eh, they'll be better next year". These are issues that the team needs to truly deal with and I fear that they're not getting dealt with becuase the FO eats up the exact same ******** that gets thrown around these boards to help people sleep better at night and remain illogically optimistic.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
This seems to be the consensus, which is funny when you think about the talk of Seidenberg coming back if the Bruins made it past the Habs.

I'm really not sure it's the "consensus".

I am almost willing to bet more people want to cut their losses with him than do this old "welp, we'll see what happens next year", hope for a Christmas miracle crap.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Chara's regular season performances the past 3 years have been as incredible as always. The postseason runs, maybe not whether it's due to fatigue or injury.

I disagree with anyone saying this isn't Chara's first bad regular season though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad