Trade: [DEN/SEA] Russell Wilson and 4th for Drew Lock, Shelby Harris, Noah Fant, 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 5th

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
There’s really not much to say. If Wilson was merely average, the Broncos would be a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

I hope he turns it around, but this has the makings of the worst trade and worst contract in NFL history. Unthinkable preseason.

Reactions: snipes

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
That first round pick from Denver is going to be much higher than Seattle's own somehow. Would never have guessed that, but I hope Denver waits until next year to figure it out.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That first round pick from Denver is going to be much higher than Seattle's own somehow. Would never have guessed that, but I hope Denver waits until next year to figure it out.
Rams are looking to give the lions a higher pick than what the lions are slated to get right now. That is wild.

But this is the nfl after all. Things can change quickly year to year. Which allows for hope and turnarounds.

And I don’t think Seattle fans should be gloating too much given the Adams deal that gave the Jets pick 23 in 2021 which they packaged off wi Tb other picks to land Vera Tucker and got WR Wilson in 2022. Adams was good in year 1 but has been hurt for most of the past 2 seasons.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
There’s really not much to say. If Wilson was merely average, the Broncos would be a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

I hope he turns it around, but this has the makings of the worst trade and worst contract in NFL history. Unthinkable preseason.
Shit if they average like a couple extra points per game they're sitting at 9-1 and on top of the AFC.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The first step is firing Hackett.
Hackett is a rookie head coach making a lot of dumb mistakes. Maybe he will be good once he learns from these mistakes, but... Wilson being awful makes this impossible to continue. Even if management and ownership love Hackett and think he has a bright future, we are seeing a terrible Russell Wilson with no signs of improvement. You have to fire him for no other reason than to see if anyone else can get more out of Wilson.

Maybe no other coach or playbook gets Wilson back on track, but you have to find out. Wilson is on the roster for years to come, but the Broncos need to know if they need to be finding another guy to play QB.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Shit if they average like a couple extra points per game they're sitting at 9-1 and on top of the AFC.
They’ve scored only twice in the 20’s with 23 vs LV and 21 vs Jax. That is seriously bad.

No way to salvage anything this season. Think the entire staff gets fired. Up to new HC to decide if they want the DC and his group to stay.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
They’ve scored only twice in the 20’s with 23 vs LV and 21 vs Jax. That is seriously bad.

No way to salvage anything this season. Think the entire staff gets fired. Up to new HC to decide if they want the DC and his group to stay.
The DC definitely doesn't deserve blame. Their defense has done literally everything they could to win games. Patrick Surtain II has turned into a monster outside of getting torched by Adams on Sunday.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Hackett is a rookie head coach making a lot of dumb mistakes. Maybe he will be good once he learns from these mistakes, but... Wilson being awful makes this impossible to continue. Even if management and ownership love Hackett and think he has a bright future, we are seeing a terrible Russell Wilson with no signs of improvement. You have to fire him for no other reason than to see if anyone else can get more out of Wilson.

Maybe no other coach or playbook gets Wilson back on track, but you have to find out. Wilson is on the roster for years to come, but the Broncos need to know if they need to be finding another guy to play QB.
I heard the horseshit about McDaniels and we see how much he learned since that abortion called a coaching tenure. Hackett is even a more inept play caller. He makes mistakes Madden AI wouldn’t.

It’s like saying someone will be a better doctor after they performed a leeching.

It also sounds like Russ doesn’t want to work with him anymore and guess who is easier to get rid of.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The DC definitely doesn't deserve blame. Their defense has done literally everything they could to win games. Patrick Surtain II has turned into a monster outside of getting torched by Adams on Sunday.
But the DC may or may not want to work with the new HC. McVay hired wade philips to run the D when he got to LA without any past connections to him. McVay wanted to worry about the O and let wade to handle theD, would have to be that kind of situation most likely for the DC to return.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
IMG-7716.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I refuse to believe Wilson can be that washed. Sure, you could criticize him last year but he still looked like he could be great. Until there's a chance in coaching, I'm going with this.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I refuse to believe Wilson can be that washed. Sure, you could criticize him last year but he still looked like he could be great. Until there's a chance in coaching, I'm going with this.
Better coach will help. But Russ needs to check his ego after this terrible season. Not about what he thinks he can do it’s about what he can do to help the team win. If that means rolling out vs staying in the pocket do it. Not about his legacy it’s about winning in the present. More team vs personal achievement.

If he continues this downward trend for another 4 seasons i don’t see him being a first ballot HOF guy. That would be a big blow to his legacy.

Reactions: Voight

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Better coach will help. But Russ needs to check his ego after this terrible season. Not about what he thinks he can do it’s about what he can do to help the team win. If that means rolling out vs staying in the pocket do it. Not about his legacy it’s about winning in the present. More team vs personal achievement.

If he continues this downward trend for another 4 seasons i don’t see him being a first ballot HOF guy. That would be a big blow to his legacy.

One of the main reasons he went to Denver was to pile on his stats because he wanted to be like Brady and Manning. It’s like Russ is obsessed on being NFL MVP, at this stage in his career I can’t see it, not with Mahomes and other rising players in the league.

Reactions: Voight

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
This has become an all time disaster
The Watson deal isn't looking great either but I'd bet on Watson improving his play to a bigger degree than Wilson due to age.

At least the Bengals are making the playoffs with Burrow now because they are going to have severe problems after his rookie deal is up.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Here's a question. How many seasons of crap play ( assuming he doesn't bounce back) would they have to endure until buying out that horrid contract would seem feasible without tanking their cap too bad? At least another 3?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Here's a question. How many seasons of crap play ( assuming he doesn't bounce back) would they have to endure until buying out that horrid contract would seem feasible without tanking their cap too bad? At least another 3?
At least 2 seasons. They have to play the 2023 season with him as he is a $107 mill dead cap this off season. 2024 off season he is a $85 mill dead cap so they have to play the 2024 season with him. It’s a brutal dead cap but in 2025 he would be a $49.6 mill dead cap charge. So at a minimum he is a bronco for 2 years. $31.2 mill dead cap charge should they keep him for a 3rd year and cut him the following off season.

So he’s a bronco for 2023 and 2024 season. Massive dead cap charge in 2025 so they’d need a cheap option to replace him if they do cut him or they could do a post June 1 cut and split that $49.6 mill into like $30 and $20 mill dead cap over 2 seasons.

Matt Ryan via the trade with Indy coats the Falcons $40 mill in dead money this season.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad