Confirmed with Link: Demers Signs for 2 Years, 3.4 AAV

hateseed

TentacleGrapeSoda
Aug 3, 2011
Coastal California
Little too high and a little too short. Wanted 3 for 9.

He's looking to prove-it and cash in. I understand his logic, since he did bounce-back from his depressed stats and efficiency. He has to really put up or shut up now to earn his big time money. That, or 3-3.5M a year will end up his biggest payday.

I would have preferred 3, 3.25, 3.5 for 3. But, I also want him to "blossom" into a guy statistically deserving of a 5+ for 5 or 6 type.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Demers has been highly effective at even strength. His stints as a healthy scratch are pretty tough to justify based upon his stats, there must be something more going on there. Regardless, I'm perfectly happy with the amount, I just wish it was for longer.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Ultimately, I'm okay with this deal. Ideally, I wanted quite a bit less but that would've been wishful thinking since he did so well during the season even if his playoffs kind of stunk regardless of his injuries.
3x3 would've been fantastic but this is okay. It's kinda like replacing Stuart with Demers.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I'm fine with it, hopefully if he does well his first year they'll extend him early for not that much more.

Seems like news has been coming in bunches lately, wonder if there will be something more today?

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
If Demers gets #1 PP time and puts up 45+ pts some teams would throw 4 mill+ at him as a UFA so I'm glad we locked him up for an extra year at least. You have to take into account that offensive defensemen are a valuable commodity.

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
I would have paid him as high as 3.5, so I think the salary is good. The term is short, and in some ways he's not helping himself out. He should have wait till Thornton and Marleau's contracts were done and hope to get more money from their next lesser contract (assuming they're still around and coming back).

Eh, whatever. Better then going to court :)

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
We bought only 1 year of UFA. Demers is going for it. If he blows it out over the next 2 years, his AAV will be around $4.5-5M for his next deal.

Good that he has self-confidence to sort of bet on himself.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
This reeks of a i have to sign contract, and i am walking at the end of it.

Why? He could've just gone to arbitration and maybe get something nicer for one year and leave first year of UFA or just wait and see if they'll let him walk and he could get a bidding war started. Even Fayne is making more than him right now.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Why? He could've just gone to arbitration and maybe get something nicer for one year and leave first year of UFA or just wait and see if they'll let him walk and he could get a bidding war started. Even Fayne is making more than him right now.

And Clayton Stoner is making nearly as much. This isn't a bad deal at all. DW can't do anything right in the eyes of many.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
A contract that is perfectly in line with his production. If he remains here, he's starting the season as the PPQB which he should and if so, he will more than justify this contract and probably hit the 40+ point mark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad