GDT: Dem Bums @ Flyers 10/8/13 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
It is very hard for any goalie to come in in the middle of a blow-out , which is what the Blues game was. The game was 5-0 Blues at that point and they were not easing up. They had all the momentum and changing the goalie wasnt going to stop that (Thomas should have just stayed in). They roll 4 excellent lines and Florida was just no match for them. I dont think Henrik Lundqvist would be able to stop the bleeding at that point...with a Florida D in front of him.

Markstrom needs to get a chance to start a game. He did well today despite again having to jump into the middle of the game, which is not easy. Give him some credit!

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
It is very hard for any goalie to come in in the middle of a blow-out , which is what the Blues game was. The game was 5-0 Blues at that point and they were not easing up. They had all the momentum and changing the goalie wasnt going to stop that (Thomas should have just stayed in). They roll 4 excellent lines and Florida was just no match for them. I dont think Henrik Lundqvist would be able to stop the bleeding at that point...with a Florida D in front of him.

Markstrom needs to get a chance to start a game. He did well today despite again having to jump in the middle of the game, which is not easy. Give him some credit!
agree with you 100%.

I don't think Thomas "cost" us the game by any means but I was hoping Markstrom would've got the start today, o well... hopefully next game he will

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
How long will that be the excuse for him? If he's not healthy, maybe he shouldn't play. Or maybe he's just overrated by some. It's no surprise that he's been traded 3x in his career already. After watching him play on a nightly basis, it's pretty easy to see why.

58PTS in 81 games as a Panther. I'd say that's decent 2nd line scoring if you ask me. On this team, he's a 1st liner because there's nobody the coaching staff sees that fits better at the moment.

I'd personally be fine if he was demoted to the 2nd line, wouldn't lose any sleep but you keep cracking the whip on one single guy for the TEAMS' mistakes. Hockey is a win as a team and lose as a team game. That's all.

Aspie with attitude

May 9, 2013
Good game suck they the Panthers lost. Hope to be in Miami when my Blue Jackets play you guys.
Thanks for the fun (and eating all my Publix chicken haha).
Have a blessed night.
Ken

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
The funny thing is with you guys. The players who are "supposed" to do good get a free pass every time they do something bad. Then the players who are "supposed" to be bad get torn apart every time they do something bad that was actually less worst then the things the good players do.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
We need consistent scoring. It's that simple.

We need finishers. Tonight we put in a hell of an effort but the scoring didnt come.

Hubs needs to step up to. This kid is labelled as the future face of the franchise and he's been pretty brutal to start the year. I know he's a kid but we rely on him now and he's been lackluster at best up to this point.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Look, if they don't start scoring power play goals teams are going to chop them to pieces. Cheap shots all night, every night.

They have to fix it.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
TSN is ripping on Hartnell for that acting job. They ALL say Guds should have got a 2min boarding penalty at most. That penalty zapped all the momentum we built up after our 1st goal and the Whitney penalty drove the nail right through the coffin.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I've been a bit disappointed in Huberdeau too. Seems like he has to build his confidence up all over again -- shoot the puck man, you have a better shot than 90% of this team, for the love of ALL that is holy, stop passing to players who can't shoot as well as you. Let them pass to you.

Aspie with attitude

May 9, 2013
Even though they won, Flyers fans should feel bad about that game. Their goals came off our own mistakes.

From what it looked NEITHER team were good. They both were undisciplined espeiclaly with the needless penalties 5 min major against the Panthers to the Flyers player instead of going to the penalty box decide to cheap shot an opposing player which made it a 4 minute double minor. Then add the fact neither team were able to capitalized on those power plays.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
We need consistent scoring. It's that simple.

We need finishers. Tonight we put in a hell of an effort but the scoring didnt come.

Hubs needs to step up to. This kid is labelled as the future face of the franchise and he's been pretty brutal to start the year. I know he's a kid but we rely on him now and he's been lackluster at best up to this point.

Maybe he's trying to get adjusted to playing with the added weight? I don't play hockey so I'm not sure if that plays a factor. Plus he barely played in training camp.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
The game misconduct to gudbranson was bogus, but the panthers had their chances and didn't score. Simple as that.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
TSN is ripping on Hartnell for that acting job. They ALL say Guds should have got a 2min boarding penalty at most. That penalty zapped all the momentum we built up after our 1st goal and the Whitney penalty drove the nail right through the coffin.

Glad I'm not the only one who saw it that way.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Glad I'm not the only one who saw it that way.

In my opinion Hartnell definitely played that up. Also in my opinion, Gudbranson should know better than to drive a player who's back is facing him into the boards, it IS dangerous, and it WILL get called every time. Hartnell also is a veteran player who should absolutely know better than to place himself into that kind of position along the boards. Both were wrong.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
In my opinion Hartnell definitely played that up. Also in my opinion, Gudbranson should know better than to drive a player who's back is facing him into the boards, it IS dangerous, and it WILL get called every time. Hartnell also is a veteran player who should absolutely know better than to place himself into that kind of position along the boards. Both were wrong.

I'd rather have Gudbranson play with that edge. That's what will make him a better player. I disagree about his back being to guds.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Maybe he's trying to get adjusted to playing with the added weight? I don't play hockey so I'm not sure if that plays a factor. Plus he barely played in training camp.

Those both could be factors but I feel like he's not skating hard enough out there. I see a lack of determination and drive to the net. He's making passes instead of trying to score

As someone else said he has a better shot than basically the entire team. He's a goal scorer and he needs to remember that. Yes he has playmaking ability as well but he is a much better goal scorer.

The cutesy dekes he's trying are reminding me of Horton. Did Hubs forget he didnt start this season in junior?

ABjr*

Barkov played just 11 minutes? Was he that bad...
Just send him back to Finland for one more year, in case you don't need him! I'm happy to see him playing for Tappara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad