Scott Hartnell Claude Giroux Jakub Voracek
Matt Read Vincent Lecavalier Wayne Simmonds
Zac Rinaldo Sean Couturier Brayden Schenn
Kris Newbury Adam Hall Max Talbot​

Pairings

Kimmo Timonen Braydon Coburn
Luke Schenn Mark Streit
Andrej Meszaros Nicklas Grossmann

Florida's keys to wining: Must establish a solid power play, finish checks, win face offs. If we give up a goal, who cares... Answer with a goal of our own. The flyers are not top shelf material this year, let's take advantage. Keep things simple, short passes, simple passes, and we can come away with two points. The panthers got EMBARRASSED Saturday night in St. Louis. But that is water under the bridge, let's get these two points.

Scoop on the Flyers: while they may not be picked for the cup, the Flyers will ALWAYS be a competitive team. And a team that usually gives the Panthers a fit. After a lousy home opener, look for Philly to come out strong, as they look for their first home win of the young season.

Bottom line: It may be game # 3, but they all count. Let's get a nice start and not look back, loosing by 7 goals is insane. No excuses at all, but let's pretend it never happened.

Simple GDT, for a much needed simplified game. LETS GO BOYS... 2PTS

Last edited:

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
this one will be a real tough test of what we're made of this early on...after a horrendous loss we're going to face a team that's going to want to make us their punching bag after a terrible start from them

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Flyers have scored one goal per game!

Have to beat them, esp if Mason is in goal.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Flyers are 0-3 and will be motivated for this one. With the amount of offensive talent they have, let's hope they don't break out in this game. Florida needs to win either this game or the game in TB for it to have been a successful road trip.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Great, just what the Panthers need - a team on a losing streak. Teams often seem to break their streak against the Cats.

Need a solid competitive 60 minute effort. Tim Thomas talked about adjustments and momentum changers that need to occur during a game. Hopefully Dineen will take heed!

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
The Flyers are really going to want a win here now being 0-3 and only scoring three goals. The Panthers have to be even more hungry to get a win after that 7-0 terrible loss last night. They have to put it all behind them and take this as a completely new game. I expect a lot of physical play and roughness. The Panthers will have to prepared to play smart and draw penalties. With that being said, the PP really has to get going. With a PP goal or two, that could determine the game.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Ok..

The Flyers had 3 bad games thus far. All I'm going to say is that it is likely for them to break out of their goal-scoring funk against us. The stage is set; their home ice, a Tuesday night.. They got a decent enough lineup to not let another game slip away.

If we win somehow someway, then the Flyers will go 0-4.

How will we respond after a demoralizing, embarrassing loss against the Blues? I think this game will say a lot about this team. Whether we can bounce back after horrible games or not. That being said; I'm not very confident going into this game because of what happened Saturday night. However, this Flyers team isn't as good as the past few Flyers teams we've seen. So, I'll say that it's possible for us to win. We just have to score on the power play, limit the turnovers on defense, stay out of the box as much as we can and keep the game close. Things just need to go our way.

We have to survive the initial onslaught first, then go from there.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I see the Flyers the way I see Tampa. A one line offensive team with a decent second line. Iffy and aging defense as well as an iffy goalie. There not the powerhouse they were a few years ago.

kopecky82

Kopecky can into PK
Sep 21, 2013
Texas
I see the Flyers the way I see Tampa. A one line offensive team with a decent second line. Iffy and aging defense as well as an iffy goalie. There not the powerhouse they were a few years ago.

I would say the Flyers are a bit deeper than the Lightning. They also have high salaries for teams that don't make the playoffs. :laugh:

Killerinstinct

Dec 19, 2012
It sucks having bad road trip to start the season. Hopefully they get one point at least from this.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
we need barch in the line up tonight. we need some physical presence and toughness!!!

Rockaway Rob

Jun 30, 2007
Flyers have a news conference scheduled for 11AM to announce that Laviolette was fired and replaced by Craig Berube

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Philly´s defense is a mess like it has been for years but usually their offense has carried them. If it starts clicking it´s going to be another tough test for Panther´s defense, which doesn´t really scream confidence at the moment. Offensively they should be fine, Philly doesn´t play nearly as organized as St.Louis.. could see a lot of goals in this one.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
New coach for the flyers. Doesn't mean the flyers will play better. But we better play better. This team may be 0-3, but they have some good scoring.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
We just need to get Laus on our bench, I'm sure he's still in Berube's head. (Kinda impressed Berube still has one)

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Seriously, all I can is wonder how much it's going to eventually take to get Homer canned. :loony:

On the game, early bedtime because of school, so I can't stay up for this one.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
George Richards @GeorgeRichards
#FlaPanthers have Huberdeau w/ Goc and Versteeg. Barkov centers Fleischmann and Boyes #Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad