Line Combos: Delia

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Forsberg put up elite numbers prior to last season. Q handled him poorly last season.
Let's bring him up and trade Ward.

What surprised me was that NO ONE picked up Forsberg off of waivers. Perhaps we were too high on him?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Forsberg put up elite numbers prior to last season. Q handled him poorly last season.
He also scouting report coming out was known for inconsistent play. When he was traded that was noted about him from CBJ and partly why Korposalo was liked more as a prospect.

He here, there, and in Rockford now will bounce from several good games to several bad games. He never just plays and stays hot and on. He always has those lapses or gives up bad goals here. And following Rockford, after several games he was like .900, then multiple games later hot he was near Delia .925% and up. Then down to the 915 range. He'll probably end up to his ending point with the team high but with inconsistent play all year. While q guy in Delia has shown consistent great play game to game since he clicked in the Ahl last February.

Coaching shouldnt be used to blame a guy for playing as his scouting reports said he was playing before. And that's what's happening with Forsberg.

Reactions: bwana63

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
He also scouting report coming out was known for inconsistent play. When he was traded that was noted about him from CBJ and partly why Korposalo was liked more as a prospect.

He here, there, and in Rockford now will bounce from several good games to several bad games. He never just plays and stays hot and on. He always has those lapses or gives up bad goals here. And following Rockford, after several games he was like .900, then multiple games later hot he was near Delia .925% and up. Then down to the 915 range. He'll probably end up to his ending point with the team high but with inconsistent play all year. While q guy in Delia has shown consistent great play game to game since he clicked in the Ahl last February.

Coaching shouldnt be used to blame a guy for playing as his scouting reports said he was playing before. And that's what's happening with Forsberg.

Excellent insight, thanks.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Coach 100% should be used as a part of the blame when it was garbage in how he was handled. Never said it was all of the blame and never implied that. He was not that inconsistent in the AHL, only the NHL.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Coach 100% should be used as a part of the blame when it was garbage in how he was handled. Never said it was all of the blame and never implied that. He was not that inconsistent in the AHL, only the NHL.
Q wasn’t fair with Forsberg but even then there’s tons of talented goalies out there that just can’t hack it in the NHL.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
It's nice that Jeremy and Collin already have a relationship from their run last year.

And no, he can share his nickname with me. We're old buds and go way back...... or, we've chatted a few times in Rockford haha. He's a great guy. Always pays full attention to you when having a conversation. I hope he keeps up his consistent play and sticks around in Chicago after this year. He deserves it. As much as we miss him down here.

Reactions: ClydeLee

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
It's nice that Jeremy and Collin already have a relationship from their run last year.

And no, he can share his nickname with me. We're old buds and go way back...... or, we've chatted a few times in Rockford haha. He's a great guy. Always pays full attention to you when having a conversation. I hope he keeps up his consistent play and sticks around in Chicago after this year. He deserves it. As much as we miss him down here.
Might be the first time CD50 has graciously accepted the Hawks stealing a Rockford player, lol.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Might be the first time CD50 has graciously accepted the Hawks stealing a Rockford player, lol.

I'm just very happy for him. He's a great guy and has been a pillar of consistency for us.
Plus I really like Lankinen. So that softens the blow a bit. Last year you left me with Jeff Glass and Berube. That was just rude lol.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
True, but he's just not very good. Anticipation and focus aren't where they need to be to play in the NHL.

I agree on the focus.

He reads the play just fine and his anticipation is fine.

Consistency is his issue and at 26 I have my doubts he ever pieces it together (he could be a fine backup considering his physical ability).

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Let's bring him up and trade Ward.

What surprised me was that NO ONE picked up Forsberg off of waivers. Perhaps we were too high on him?
Everybody already had a backup. And so early in the season none of the other existing backups had yet had a chance to fail.

Remember you can't claim a player and send him down, and nobody wants to carry 3 goalies.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Disagree. Forsberg was carrying a .879 at the NHL level into the 2018 season. That is not elite. Up until December 24th, 2017 Forsberg was carrying a .909 with the 'hawks. That's not elite. He was carrying a .907 after Christmas. (before/after Crawford went down) That's not elite.
I mean it happened to Forsberg last season....
The difference between Forsberg and Delia is that Delia has Ward. Forsberg had Glass, Berube, Delia, and Foster once Crawford was down (and let's be honest, Forsberg was not even remotely a threat to usurp the net from Crawford last year before Crawford went down). Wardo might not be much but he is a seasoned vet who's been in just about every situation that could be thrown at him

Forsberg wasn't that good by any stretch of the imagination, but I agree he was mishandled and was thrown to the wolves because the 'hawks had no valid options in net besides Crawford--nor did they try to get a viable #2a/#2b (much less a #1a/#1b). At least if Delia gets in over his head Wardo can come in as a viable option which gives the 'hawks a little leeway in developing him; Ward can always come in when he's in over his head or if the Team D is once again out to lunch.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Disagree. Forsberg was carrying a .879 at the NHL level into the 2018 season. That is not elite. Up until December 24th, 2017 Forsberg was carrying a .909 with the 'hawks. That's not elite. He was carrying a .907 after Christmas. (before/after Crawford went down) That's not elite.

The difference between Forsberg and Delia is that Delia has Ward. Forsberg had Glass, Berube, Delia, and Foster once Crawford was down (and let's be honest, Forsberg was not even remotely a threat to usurp the net from Crawford last year before Crawford went down). Wardo might not be much but he is a seasoned vet who's been in just about every situation that could be thrown at him

Forsberg wasn't that good by any stretch of the imagination, but I agree he was mishandled and was thrown to the wolves because the 'hawks had no valid options in net besides Crawford--nor did they try to get a viable #2a/#2b (much less a #1a/#1b). At least if Delia gets in over his head Wardo can come in as a viable option which gives the 'hawks a little leeway in developing him; Ward can always come in when he's in over his head or if the Team D is once again out to lunch.

I was talking about the his AHL numbers.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I was talking about the his AHL numbers.

AHL doesn't automatically translate into NHL though. He might have been elite enough at the AHL level and more than good enough to warrant his NHL call-up, but it doesn't necessarily mean he would have been that good in the NHL even if Q didn't mishandle him and the team D didn't hang him out to dry.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
AHL doesn't automatically translate into NHL though. He might have been elite enough at the AHL level and more than good enough to warrant his NHL call-up, but it doesn't necessarily mean he would have been that good in the NHL even if Q didn't mishandle him and the team D didn't hang him out to dry.

I never said they did but the high talent indicators were there.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
So how good is this guy? In this thread people seem to be really excited about him but I can't really find much information regarding his background. He wasn't drafted?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So how good is this guy? In this thread people seem to be really excited about him but I can't really find much information regarding his background. He wasn't drafted?

So far he has been great. Who knows if he'll keep that up the rest of the season. But he has shown a lot of talent and potential. From last year during his run with the Hogs and their playoffs, through his starts this year with the Hawks. He was undrafted. Signed by Hawks via development camp. Was hockey east NCAA goalie of the year in 16-17 and had great numbers at Merrimack College.

How Blackhawks goalie Collin Delia went from playing roller hockey in California to the NHL

Last edited:
Reactions: hawksrule

varano

Jun 27, 2013
So far he has been great. Who knows if he'll keep that up the rest of the season. But he has shown a lot of talent and potential. From last year during his run with the Hogs and their playoffs, through his starts this year with the Hawks. He was undrafted. Signed by Hawks via development camp. Was hockey east NCAA goalie of the year in 16-17 and had great numbers at Merrimack College.

How Blackhawks goalie Collin Delia went from playing roller hockey in California to the NHL
Nice article .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad