Confirmed with Link: Del Zotto waived

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Balcers is deployed around the same in all three zones he has the second worst plus minus on his team and the only thing he is good at is missing the net on unblocked shots.
Gotta wonder why Dumbass set his eyes on that guy in the first place lol

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
That one pissed me off the most. I saw him go from one of the best 4th liners in the league to absolutely pathetic. After that, I hope his NHL career becomes short lived with the effort he gave here intentionally. And I think it has.
I think so too. Irrelevant player that loafed his way through a horrific 9 games and then got a wakeup call.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Paquette was so bad it was painful. Stepan started out spectacularly awful but he had a couple good outings before hurting his shoulder. If he had of stayed healthy we would probably have seen him play like he is now with the Canes. Decent vet centre this year.
He had those points here too, but they were literally by accident.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Balcers is deployed around the same in all three zones he has the second worst plus minus on his team and the only thing he is good at is missing the net on unblocked shots.

Natural Statrick has his OZ faceoffs at 79, NZ at 88 and DZ at 111 at 5v5 so not really, he's definitely starting more in the DZ.

Competition also seems to be on the higher end for his team,

Capture.PNG

He's been one of SJ's regular penalty killers too.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Natural Statrick has his OZ faceoffs at 79, NZ at 88 and DZ at 111 at 5v5 so not really, he's definitely starting more in the DZ.

Competition also seems to be on the higher end for his team,

View attachment 490462

He's been one of SJ's regular penalty killers too.

That’s 177 starts not in his own zone vrs 111 in

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That’s 177 starts not in his own zone vrs 111 in
Ok. Your point? Did you just figure out how zone starts work or something? Yes, he has more starts in 2 of the 3 zones than remaining one... Nice gotcha moment there...

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Ok. Your point? Did you just figure out how zone starts work or something? Yes, he has more starts in 2 of the 3 zones than remaining one... Nice gotcha moment there...

And he still isn’t very good. Some fake ass story how he is deployed to “get the puck back” is nonsense.
He is a offensive black hole that has to play somewhere. Perhaps he gets some puck luck and gets some points but he is still a soft skilled 3rd liner with no skill

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
And he still isn’t very good. Some fake ass story how he is deployed to “get the puck back” is nonsense.
He is a offensive black hole that has to play somewhere. Perhaps he gets some puck luck and gets some points but he is still a soft skilled 3rd liner with no skill
All I'm doing is providing some facts about how he's deployed after seeing you make a claim that simply wasn't true. I didn't make any declarations about him as a player, good or bad. You can draw your own conclusions from the information, or you can try and twist them into something else to try and align your pre-existing beliefs. Your choice,

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Lol, Balcers is definitely not good defensively. I’ve watched 5 or 6 Sharks games this year and Balcers is invisible other than making awful reads in his own zone. I’m blown away that you think he’s above average

So you think San Jose's brain trust is wrong? They went out of their way last year to espouse his two-way game.

Also, going into this year how Bob Boughner feels about his game.

Latvia's Rudolfs Balcers eyes Olympics, strong year in NHL

Last edited:

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
He didn’t shit all over a guy on the roster? Wow
He left the country and held out for 1.5 that’s how they felt about him

What are you even talking about? He deploys Balcers pretty much in lock step with what he says in that article.

As for the second sentence, I'm still curious as to what language that might be.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Bluelines are considered a valuable commodity and there will be teams that will run into injury trouble that might be able to take Del Zotto off the Senators hands. Yes, Ottawa may have to pick up some money, another contract or offer a draft pick sweetner but don’t think Del Zotto will be banished to the minors forever.

The Bruce has spoken.

Reactions: Boud and branch

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
What are you even talking about? He deploys Balcers pretty much in lock step with what he says in that article.

As for the second sentence, I'm still curious as to what language that might be.

The Sharks made him leave the country and hold out for 1.5 million. That is the value they have placed on him.
They didn’t even want to pay the guy 1.5 million dollars

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
The Sharks made him leave the country and hold out for 1.5 million. That is the value they have placed on him.
They didn’t even want to pay the guy 1.5 million dollars

LOL.

Then why did they pay him $1.55 M a year? And how the hell did they make him leave the country?

Meanwhile he is a regular (4th most SHTOI/game among forwards)ont he 4th best PK team in the league. Seems like they know something about defensive hockey that you don't.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
LOL.

Then why did they pay him $1.55 M a year? And how the hell did they make him leave the country?

Meanwhile he is a regular (4th most SHTOI/game among forwards)ont he 4th best PK team in the league. Seems like they know something about defensive hockey that you don't.

Lol he left went home played hardball and negotiated a two year deal at 1.5 a year..
That’s his value, that’s what they saw in him, a guy that is worth less then 50% pay of a average NHL player
I was asked if the Sharks brass has no clue....
Nope I agree he has little value and is not anything to cry about

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Lol he left went home played hardball and negotiated a two year deal at 1.5 a year..
That’s his value, that’s what they saw in him, a guy that is worth less then 50% pay of a average NHL player
I was asked if the Sharks brass has no clue....
Nope I agree he has little value and is not anything to cry about

Brady Tkachuk left the country and went home to "play hardball". Does that make him any less of a player? WTF?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Brady Tkachuk left the country and went home to "play hardball". Does that make him any less of a player? WTF?

Did they decide he was worth 1.5? Both parties involved decided that the value he brought.
Not sure what your asking about Brady for or what you think is being said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad