Confirmed with Link: Del Zotto waived

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
He’s trusted to play that much that’s good.

we are a horrid team. Every time we let go of a decent player to bring in a horrible player it should be noted.
At the start of last year Paquette was a more valued NHLer than Balcers. That was the original comparison.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
At the start of last year Paquette was a more valued NHLer than Balcers. That was the original comparison.

I guess, but that's on the org and the professional scouts. Paquette failed here, in CAR and now he's failing in MTL.

In any case, I believe it was between Galchenyuk and Balcers. Looking back it's pretty obvious it was the wrong move.

Reactions: Xspyrit

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Shitbird Paquette. What an f-ing tire fire that guy was. He and Stepan should be tried for crimes against hockey.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Defensive liability??

You haven't watched him or you know nothing about hockey.

Balcers is above average defensively.
Lol, Balcers is definitely not good defensively. I’ve watched 5 or 6 Sharks games this year and Balcers is invisible other than making awful reads in his own zone. I’m blown away that you think he’s above average

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I guess, but that's on the org and the professional scouts. Paquette failed here, in CAR and now he's failing in MTL.

In any case, I believe it was between Galchenyuk and Balcers. Looking back it's pretty obvious it was the wrong move.
I don’t think there was a wrong decision. None of the 3 should have been on the roster.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Shitbird Paquette. What an f-ing tire fire that guy was. He and Stepan should be tried for crimes against hockey.
Paquette was so bad it was painful. Stepan started out spectacularly awful but he had a couple good outings before hurting his shoulder. If he had of stayed healthy we would probably have seen him play like he is now with the Canes. Decent vet centre this year.

Reactions: Deku

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I don’t think there was a wrong decision. None of the 3 should have been on the roster.

Wrong. Balcers was the correct decision. He's what Ennis is this year. We had to sign Ennis because there was a hole that could have easily been filled by Balcers this year. As well as last year it's pretty funny we had to trade for Dzingel because we had a hole as well, that could have easily been filled internally by Balcers. That's the point. The management is shooting itself in the foot, while easily the best solution was to keep what they had (Duclair, Balcers, Demelo, etc)

Reactions: DrEasy and Xspyrit

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Paquette was so bad it was painful. Stepan started out spectacularly awful but he had a couple good outings before hurting his shoulder. If he had of stayed healthy we would probably have seen him play like he is now with the Canes. Decent vet centre this year.

Stepan was scratched fairly recently. I don't "decent vet centre" is the correct summation.

Last edited:

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Del Zotto sucks and it's once again on Dorion for signing another #7D to a fat 2 year contract. Kudos to DJ for having the balls to bench Dorion's proud acquisitions. Started the chain reaction showing Dorion's incompetence in drying up a budget team's $8M+ in the AHL.

Reactions: DrEasy and Alex1234

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Wrong. Balcers was the correct decision. He's what Ennis is this year. We had to sign Ennis because there was a hole that could have easily been filled by Balcers this year. As well as last year it's pretty funny we had to trade for Dzingel because we had a hole as well, that could have easily been filled internally by Balcers. That's the point. The management is shooting itself in the foot, while easily the best solution was to keep what they had (Duclair, Balcers, Demelo, etc)
We took Dzingel to unload Galchenyuk and Paquette, it was not a move to go and get Dzingel.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If he had of stayed healthy we would probably have seen him play like he is now with the Canes. Decent vet centre this year.
He's got 5 pts in 19 games and is getting 11 mins a night when in the lineup, least ES TOI of any reg player...

Reactions: God Says No

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

That one pissed me off the most. I saw him go from one of the best 4th liners in the league to absolutely pathetic. After that, I hope his NHL career becomes short lived with the effort he gave here intentionally. And I think it has.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
We took Dzingel to unload Galchenyuk and Paquette, it was not a move to go and get Dzingel.

Agree with the first part (unloading Galch and Paquette), which proves my point about Balcers that he was the correct decision.

As for Dzingel, why was he specifically acquired? Why a third-line winger who can score? I'll tell you why, because we had a hole in the bottom six, more specifically a scoring hole. So yes, Dzingel and his like was definitive a target. Guess what Balcers is?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
No he isnt if you think he is good you don’t understand hockey and you are a terrible driver...
ab679311-abc8-434e-bfa3-6bf71c07a0a7_text.gif

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Because Balcers had zero trade value and has no spot on the sens. He is pacing out as a 30 point defensive soft ass liability.
Why do you think a team needs to hang onto a guy that is never going to play for them and that nobody will trade for?

Well, that's very uninformed about Balcers, he's not supposed to produce more than that as he is a 3rd line forward. He has 27 pts in 65 games with the Sharks (34 pts per 82 GP average). He is often deployed defensively to regain possession which is something he does with regularity with great skating and good 2-way instincts. Reminds me a lot of Namestnikov actually.

Anthony Duclair
Rudolfs Balcers
Logan Brown
Filip Chlapik

Smart teams give opportunities to that kind of guys (well, we did with Duclair), particularly when they have more space due to being in a rebuild. You want to find "keepers" or achieve a sell high situation.

But no, instead we do that with Chris freaking Tierney and don't even sell him at his peak value :laugh:, instead we wait until he barely has any value left.

But anyway, the point is not even just that, it's that this management has constantly chosen worse players instead of guys like that... which is a LEGIT reason to worry, aka Sens fans have very low faith in our pro scouting.

Do you need to see a poll?

Thanks. Yeah I was going to say, there had to be something else there. Regardless of points, usually a player gets more than 10 games of underperformance before being waived like that.

Management and pro scouting don't really know what they're doing. They're "trying things out" and most often than not, it DOES NOT work.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Well, that's very uninformed about Balcers, he's not supposed to produce more than that as he is a 3rd line forward. He has 27 pts in 65 games with the Sharks (34 pts per 82 GP average). He is often deployed defensively to regain possession which is something he does with regularity with great skating and good 2-way instincts. Reminds me a lot of Namestnikov actually.

Anthony Duclair
Rudolfs Balcers
Logan Brown
Filip Chlapik

Smart teams give opportunities to that kind of guys (well, we did with Duclair), particularly when they have more space due to being in a rebuild. You want to find "keepers" or achieve a sell high situation.

But no, instead we do that with Chris freaking Tierney and don't even sell him at his peak value :laugh:, instead we wait until he barely has any value left.

But anyway, the point is not even just that, it's that this management has constantly chosen worse players instead of guys like that... which is a LEGIT reason to worry, aka Sens fans have very low faith in our pro scouting.

Do you need to see a poll?

Management and pro scouting don't really know what they're doing. They're "trying things out" and most often than not, it DOES NOT work.

Balcers is deployed around the same in all three zones he has the second worst plus minus on his team and the only thing he is good at is missing the net on unblocked shots.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I think del zotto helps Belleville if Belleville makes the playoffs you put every player on the current roster that’s eligible there for the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad