DeKeyser

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Zidlicky has looked terrible. Did you miss the SH goal he allowed in game 1?

Terrible is a bit of a stretch. He creates more offense than a lot of Detroit's forwards. The guy takes risks, he's been that way for a long time. I'm not going to sum up his overall play because of one gaff, especially since he was one of our best players down the stretch.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Terrible is a bit of a stretch. He creates more offense than a lot of Detroit's forwards. The guy takes risks, he's been that way for a long time. I'm not going to sum up his overall play because of one gaff, especially since he was one of our best players down the stretch.

Well he also took a terrible cross-checking penalty in the third period game 1 as well. He played better in game 2, but game 1 was pretty awful in my opinion.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

Not really, he turns the puck over a lot. The only thing he can really do is shoot from the point. That's really it. He doesn't really contribute much in the puck possession aspect what with the frequent turnovers.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
So through 3 games how does DeKeyser look?

Like a stud. Easily our best defenseman, in my opinion. He's playing gritty, strong on the puck, and has made a number of good saves on breakaways or similar advantages. I'm really liking his playoff performance.

I am surprised he hasn't ended up on the score sheet a little more. He's putting in the effort, that's for sure.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Zidlicky not doing anything in the Ozone, And being invisible in the Dzone makes it look like he doesnt want to be resigned

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This David Savard current extension (5 years, 4.25M per) looks good comparable for DeKeyser's next deal.

Same kind of role as 3rd D. Savard has better production, DeKeyser is better defensively. 6 months age difference. Savard 187 games of NHL experience, DeKeyser 170 (including playoffs). ~21 minute IT average in last 2 seasons.

DeKeyser could be a bit more pricey, because there will be less cheap RFA years (only 1).

But that's the ballpark. Something with 4+. Don't believe we don't have to pay +5M if it's not very long like 8-year deal. But I wouldn't jump from the bridge if it's 5M.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This David Savard current extension (5 years, 4.25M per) looks good comparable for DeKeyser's next deal.

Same kind of role as 3rd D. Savard has better production, DeKeyser is better defensively. 6 months age difference. Savard 187 games of NHL experience, DeKeyser 170 (including playoffs). ~21 minute IT average in last 2 seasons.

DeKeyser could be a bit more pricey, because there will be less cheap RFA years (only 1).

But that's the ballpark. Something with 4+. Don't believe we don't have to pay +5M if it's not very long like 8-year deal. But I wouldn't jump from the bridge if it's 5M.

I think that's a good comparable. I would be pretty happy with that deal, seems fair.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

This is exactly what i'm thinking as well, That Dan DeKeyser will get something in the neighborhood of around $4.25-$4.5 million on a 5 year deal at least though I wouldn't be surprised to see him signed for 7 or 8 years that way it takes him 3 or 4 years after Kronwall retires after this deal is up if he does. He still will be 38 years old and could sign for another 1 or 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad