GBU Deja Vu All Over Again, Loss at NYI 3-2 10/14/23

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
the really ugly

I can easily see this roster finishing below .500 and being in lottery contention

That likely leads to another blow it up era

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
the really ugly

I can easily see this roster finishing below .500 and being in lottery contention

You can’t blow up a house you didnt bother finishing building.

what it might do is force Adams to finish the job he’s put off for years.

While giving himself almost no margin for error against immediate success. you know…if this organization had a standard.

with his assets and cap space Adams could have built this team however he wanted. He chose the same team with Olofsson playing in Quinn’s spot. There are no repercussions for this…but people should not ignore that he did it.

Running the same top 4 D out. Giving Olofsson an increased role when Quinn was hurt before free agency. Carrying three goalies because the one they want to win the backup job cant beat out a jag they left in net for 10…that’s how much they think of him. All choices.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
This entire organization decided we were going to make the playoffs this offseason by saying it and not actually doing anything about it. Like wishing for it was actually going to make it happen. The players came in unprepared, the coaches came in without a plan and management came in without a sensible roster. All levels had the capability of fixing these issues but didnt. Well done!

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You can’t blow up a house you didnt bother finishing building.

what it might do is force Adams to finish the job he’s put off for years.

While giving himself almost no margin for error against immediate success. you know…if this organization had a standard.

with his assets and cap space Adams could have built this team however he wanted. He chose the same team with Olofsson playing in Quinn’s spot. There are no repercussions for this…but people should not ignore that he did it.

Running the same top 4 D out. Giving Olofsson an increased role when Quinn was hurt before free agency. Carrying three goalies because the one they want to win the backup job cant beat out a jag they left in net for 10…that’s how much they think of him. All choices.
Yeah.. next year Adams will feel the pressure and end up doing stupid shit

Kulich , 1st and Ryan Johnson
For
Darnell Nurse

Then

Savoie, Rosen 2025 1st
For

John Gibson

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
If Jost is in for Olofsson next game I wonder how the lines will look...

Skinner-Tage-Tuch
Krebs-Cozens-Peterka
Greenway-Mitts-Benson
Gus-Jost-Okie

I originally said bumped Mitts up to Cozens wing and have Krebs be the 3C but you can't break up the Mittelstadt line right now. I know Krebs isn't the best on the wing but I would like to see him with Cozens again.

Reactions: VaporTrail

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Oh…and before I have to keep hearing “well they played well but officials”. You know what would help overcome penalties? A more complete team. You know what would help overcome the first line vanishing for two games? A second line without Victor Olofsson on it.

The problem here is not that they lost two games. It’s that the team remain incapable of pulling a point...let alone a win…unless so many things go their way. Build a team that can overcome obstacles. One with 4 top 4 quality D in your top 4. And six top six forwards in your top six…even if there is an injury. And a vet goalie you can rely on not be afraid to play.

That’s a team. This is a cross your fingers the wind is at our backs tonight joke.

Good God imagine what it would look like if an EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD didn’t show up ready to be the best player on the f***ing team

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
the really ugly

There's no need to blow up this roster. You just need someone else managing and coaching it, if things get that bad.

My confidence in these two has always been lower than most, and it's going to hit zero soon.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
"If you want to win, you should build a team that doesn't lose"

Really reaching for the stars on the insightful criticism tonight.
Yes that’s what I said. Good call. Totally didn’t point to the obvious holes that needed to be addressed so they could overcome issues instead of holding their breath everyone is healthy and at their best and the refs are fair and the bounces never go against them.

Do you think that the consistently good teams never have those things happen? Or that they are built to deal with parts falling off?

Meanwhile we are playing Olofsson in the top 6 and hes not on PP1. Which is literally the thing we joked tanking teams should trade for him and do. Granato is doing it unironically

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Was at the game tonight, Will do a full post later. But will say one thing, my girlfriend said it felt like Benson was out there every shift because of how noticeable he was making plays and around the puck. He was so f***ing good tonight.

She knows nothing about hockey
She’d fit right in with us here

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If Jost is in for Olofsson next game I wonder how the lines will look...

Skinner-Tage-Tuch
Krebs-Cozens-Peterka
Greenway-Mitts-Benson
Gus-Jost-Okie

I originally said bumped Mitts up to Cozens wing and have Krebs be the 3C but you can't break up the Mittelstadt line right now. I know Krebs isn't the best on the wing but I would like to see him with Cozens again.

I would waive Vic and activate Savoie. 😜

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
It's weak to blame the officials for a game but...holy shit. No call on our guys getting tackled and then they "gave us one" when it was already too late. I have no idea how the NHL, as a professional organization, continues to exist. We are soooo far behind every other major league when it comes to video review. I will never ever hold the refs accountable for a loss normally but tonight was bad. And gross.

Good:
Benson
Greenway is like the only guy on the team willing to crash the net
Mitts was good for the most part
Krebs. This is turning into Lindy and Max 2.0. No idea why we can't give the man a tryout on a better line.

Bad:
The entire defense was a bummer today. If a kid like Power seems the most involved, that says something about everyone else.
Levi could have cut off some angles and he gave up some rebounds but I guess it's just growing pains.

Ugly:
We have given Adams a free pass all offseason but he literally patched together a bottom four defense lineup. Throw some money to a guy who can actually contribute. Clifton was embarassing tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad