GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues @ Arizona| A Decade in Review|

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
All good picks, but I'll add my favorite Oshie highlight:

This is when Tarasenko became one of my favorite players. The goal was great, but the story is better. After going down by 1, Tarasenko skated directly to Elliott and told him we'll get it back. 20 seconds later, thanks to a tremendous individual effort, He did just that. Check out this ARTICLE for the story (sorry its CHICAGO tribune).

I was looking for that one but had a hard time finding it.

Honorable mention his GotY candidate from 2009

Goal of the Year 2009 - Tj Oshie

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The first game of the decade featured David Backes during his fight Team Canada run:

We didn’t win the Cup that year but this was the series that made me feel like it was gonna happen sooner rather than later:

And for me personally, the best sporting event I ever saw and ever will live was the Winter Classic but perhaps even better, was seeing my childhood hero Pierre Turgeon suit up and wear the Blue Note one more time. Not only did he play, but he stole the show. Looked like he still had it! I had goosebumps and got a little emotional if I’m being honest. This is him talking about it afterwards:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
You know, something that I think is overlooked, Schenn only scored 5 goals in the playoffs last year but they were some huge ones.

• A goal in game 6 of WCF that put the Blues up 3-1 giving them some serious breathing room. Before that it was 2-1 and the Sharks were charging hard. Schenn's goal put them away.
  • The empty net goal in game 4 of the SCF that sealed the first SCF win on home ice and tied the series.
  • The goal that made it 3-0 in game 7 and let everyone breathe easy as that was pretty much the dagger to the Bruins heart.
I mean, if you're only going to score a handful of goals in the playoffs at least make them count and mean something. Schenn definitely did that.

EDIT: Oh and how could I forget! He scored the game tying goal in game 5 against the Jets in Winnipeg!

4 of his 5 goals were huge. The one I'm leaving out is the first goal of the SCF in game 1. I left it out because we obviously lost the game but you could argue that it was a big goal as well even if it ultimately didn't matter in the end.
Plus he played like a f***ing missile out there. He was flying around destroying people every series.

He plays hard every game. He definitely is the epitome of Blues style hockey.

What a year 2019 was. Still geek out about it all the time. And to cap it off, I’ll be at the game tonight! LGB!

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Happy new year my dudes.
You're in a different decade than us
source.gif

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Well since most of my highlights from the decade have been posted. I'll post a couple of other ones.

This highlight from beginning of the year 2010. (It was from 09-10) but happened in 2010 so I included it.

Never forget this one.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Not to take away from the memories but I hope they aren’t overlooking Arizona tonight. The seven game winning streak from earlier this year? Ended at the hands of the Coyotes.

Eight is great, but boy, nine would be mighty fine.

Reactions: STL BLUES

Chet Manly

Feb 25, 2015
Saint Louis
Let's see. Another game against a western conference playoff team... I think the odds are on our side.

But I wouldn't be surprised to end the year with a loss. 3-1 yotes.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
It's nice to see hockey again, I missed it while I was visiting family. Even though I watched highlights of the last 2 games. Let's go Blues!!!!

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
Yeah the Blues streak is probably running on steam at this point. Not because of the Blues squad but because of the quality of opponents during this latest run. It simply takes more energy to play first division teams night after night. Also The Yotes have indeed been hard on the Blues lately taking 5 of the last 6 in regulation.Blues had beaten them 12 straight times before that though. Arizona looks like another one of those teams that is pretty impressive in their top 6 but there is a drop off after that i,e Canes, Panthers, Canucks, Buffalo. I am going to predict those Desert dwellers have heard their last Coyote howl of the decade 2-0 Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad