GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues @ Arizona| A Decade in Review|

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Good game by the Yotes team. Coming off a 3 game losing streak they wanted it more. Blues end their winning streak.

To hell with their fans when they chant "you suck". May you rot in hockey purgatory.

Reactions: Ridge1982

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Ranta and the refs stole this one

Flippin Kessle sees De La Rose coming and turns his back at the last second. The ref who saw the play doesn’t make a call but the back ref he has no vantiage point makes the call

Well good to the nhl is doing their thing

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
They played well. Got to give credit to the Houston Aeros...umm, I mean the Arizona Coyotes.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Ranta and the refs stole this one

Flippin Kessle sees De La Rose coming and turns his back at the last second. The ref who saw the play doesn’t make a call but the back ref he has no vantiage point makes the call

Well good to the nhl is doing their thing

Blues were 0-4 on the PP and didn’t score on a 5-on-3 for nearly 2 minutes.

This is on the Blues not the refs. And really who cares? They just won 8 in a row. Can’t win them all.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
There's certain teams we don't play well against.

Thankfully, they will probably get knocked out by somebody else in the 1st round.
Idk, same type of thing happened with Dallas last year. They happened to strike at the end of a streak or right inside of a poor stretch. I'd still take St Louis over the Yotes in a series, but I'd also love to see them make a run this year.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Arizona is a good team, we missed some opportunities especially on the powerplay but not a terrible game by any means.

Reactions: Bluesnatic27

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Meh, we were due for a loss. Got it out of the way against a team that always plays us tough. Oh well.

Great first half of the season. Got a big one tomorrow night to start the 2nd part.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Arizona is a good team, we missed some opportunities especially on the powerplay but not a terrible game by any means.
I don't know why this isn't the prevailing thought.

The Blues played well enough to win and were stopped by a good goalie. Arizona is a good team, one that I think is the best in the Pacific division. Games like last night will happen.

Reactions: mk80

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
Arizona looks good right now man, they've got some depth now and their goaltending duo is top notch. Have always been a fan of Raanta, that dude is legit.

I see the Coyotes pretty often here, on the tube. Not the ones outside our house that howl at night, but the hockey team. They are a solid team. In past seasons, watching them was a matter of what would happen first in a game: they would break down or the clock would run out so they could post a win. Now they can do the basics well enough to avoid break downs at critical times. In a way, they look a lot like the Blues but without the firepower to consistently win 5-3 games if they need to. But they can grind away with the best of them and score more than in years past.

In the games I've seen, Raanta has always looked good. In fact, just on what I have seen, I have wondered why he is not the #1 over Kuemper....who does not exactly stink the place up, either.

Alas, I had thoughts a couple of months ago about spending New Year's in the Phoenix area mostly to take in this game and eat at our favorite restaurant. We decided against it, which may be for the better.

Last edited:

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I don't know why this isn't the prevailing thought.

The Blues played well enough to win and were stopped by a good goalie. Arizona is a good team, one that I think is the best in the Pacific division. Games like last night will happen.
Well I think it is because the Blues looked out of sync last night and really played one of their sloppiest games of the year. It goes to show you how far this team has come really. They didn't play THAT poorly but the passes just weren't crisp and the defense got beat up ice way too often. This seems to be a pattern against Arizona too the last 3 years. Raanta played great but so didn't Allen. Blues seem to have a problem with focus against this team for some reason. It's not just that they are getting beat it's How they are getting beat. Getting caught up in Coyotes game. I don't really fear Zona in a playoff match up as much as regular season because the style changes a lot. Blues would absolutely have to stop those fast forwards Kessle, Garland, Hall and Keller. They don't give up a lot of high quality chances either. Could be a tough out in playoffs but Blues should beat them with experience and a group of even better forwards. Just one guys opinion. I like that team though, they are for real especially with Taylor Hall in the lineup now. Beware the Coyotes lurking in the shadows.

::: I'd like to edit this to say the odds are against a playoff match up really until the conference finals. The West would have to get both wild cards with Zona being the last team in and Blues being the number 1 seed to face them any earlier. Probably not going to happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad