GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues @ Arizona| A Decade in Review|

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
When: Sunday, Dec. 31 at 8 p.m.
Watch: FOX Sports Midwest, FOX Sports GO
Listen: 101 ESPN, NHL App
cut.jpg

Sundqvist - O'Reilly - Perron
Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou
Steen - Thomas - Bozak
MacEachern - de la Rose - Barbashev

Faulk - Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester - Parayko
Dunn - Bortuzzo

Binnington/Allen

VS.
:coyotes

Hall-Dvorak-Garland
Keller-Soderberg-Schmaltz
Crouse-Stepan-Kessel
Grabner-Richardson-Fisher

OEL-Demers
Chychurn-Goligoski
Ness-Lyubuskin

Rannta

Final game of the calendar year and the decade. Below are some of my favorite memories from the past ten years (tried not to make them all from the Cup run, and they limit to 3 videos). Feel free to add your own, and have a healthy and happy New Year!

And of course:
source.gif

Last edited:

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
yotes are riding a three game losing streak and kuemper is still out. blues can hopefully extend to nine tonight.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
You know, something that I think is overlooked, Schenn only scored 5 goals in the playoffs last year but they were some huge ones.

• A goal in game 6 of WCF that put the Blues up 3-1 giving them some serious breathing room. Before that it was 2-1 and the Sharks were charging hard. Schenn's goal put them away.
  • The empty net goal in game 4 of the SCF that sealed the first SCF win on home ice and tied the series.
  • The goal that made it 3-0 in game 7 and let everyone breathe easy as that was pretty much the dagger to the Bruins heart.
I mean, if you're only going to score a handful of goals in the playoffs at least make them count and mean something. Schenn definitely did that.

EDIT: Oh and how could I forget! He scored the game tying goal in game 5 against the Jets in Winnipeg!

4 of his 5 goals were huge. The one I'm leaving out is the first goal of the SCF in game 1. I left it out because we obviously lost the game but you could argue that it was a big goal as well even if it ultimately didn't matter in the end.

Last edited:

Mar 6, 2012
Does anyone know if the Blues New Year's video set to Auld Lang Syne is online anywhere? They played it a few times at the game on Sunday and I think someone may have been chopping onions in there or something... it was really good...

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
It’s a cool photo, but where is Binnington in the OP banner picture? Is he the one who took the picture?!
Ok, found him. Back row next to Sundqvist. You can’t see his pads, so it’s tougher to spot.

I remember Maroon coming screaming into the team photo and sliding in front of Binnington when he was being interviewed after game 7.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The original Pang reaction on this play is so much better.

His reaction is great because everyone else in their living room had the exact same reaction.

My wife was in the other room when that goal happened and I ran in to explain what had just happened but I couldn't get it out and I wasn't making any sense because I was so excited and in disbelief.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
His reaction is great because everyone else in their living room had the exact same reaction.

My wife was in the other room when that goal happened and I ran in to explain what had just happened but I couldn't get it out and I wasn't making any sense because I was so excited and in disbelief.
I was just happy to be having a chance to get to OT. Then Bozak made that pass and I thought, Schwartz is uncovered! But I still didn’t think it would go in. Schwartz was still “snakebit” in that time.

Pang expresses it perfectly.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I can't post the video cause I am on my phone but I really love the first shift of game 4 against the Sharks.

Coming off the hand pass game everyone was wondering how the Blues would respond. Steen crushes Burns behind his own net sending him flailing down the ice and forcing a turnover and Barbashev scores. Was just an incredible way to start that game.

Reactions: fishsandwichpatrol

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
When: Sunday, Dec. 31 at 8 p.m.
Watch: FOX Sports Midwest, FOX Sports GO
Listen: 101 ESPN, NHL App
cut.jpg

Sundqvist - O'Reilly - Perron
Schwartz - Schenn - Kyrou
Steen - Thomas - Bozak
MacEachern - de la Rose - Barbashev

Faulk - Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester - Parayko
Dunn - Bortuzzo

Binnington/Allen

VS.
:coyotes

Hall-Dvorak-Garland
Keller-Soderberg-Schmaltz
Crouse-Stepan-Kessel
Grabner-Richardson-Fisher

OEL-Demers
Chychurn-Goligoski
Ness-Lyubuskin

Rannta

Final game of the calendar year and the decade. Below are some of my favorite memories from the past ten years (tried not to make them all from the Cup run, and they limit to 3 videos). Feel free to add your own, and have a healthy and happy New Year!

And of course:
source.gif

What a screen by Oshie on that Tarasenko goal. And again a great pass on the Backes goal.

I have never been more wrong about trading a player. Huge regret, especially considering the return.

Keep ‘em coming boys!

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Favorite moments last decade?
Queue up the Oshie highlight reels

All good picks, but I'll add my favorite Oshie highlight:

This is when Tarasenko became one of my favorite players. The goal was great, but the story is better. After going down by 1, Tarasenko skated directly to Elliott and told him we'll get it back. 20 seconds later, thanks to a tremendous individual effort, He did just that. Check out this ARTICLE for the story (sorry its CHICAGO tribune).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad